Yard’s Current Mental State | The Boneyard

Yard’s Current Mental State

Reaction Score
The Yard’s enthusiasm barometer is off the charts, highest since April 2014 (please see the charts on The Weather Channel App). We passed the early tests with flying colors and I haven’t been as excited about our team’s players and potential since…forever, but could we actually get beaten out there by a team other than Creighton? No. Or at least not from what I have been reading from posts the last couple days.
So should we run into a Teddy Allen clone I have assembled counselors and a suicide prevention hotline just for this unlikely event. Of course should that team be Providence or St. John’s we’re all going to need medication and lots of it. I will not address a losing streak at this time because it’s unfathomable. Never hurts to be prepared.

Reaction Score
I’m over the moon.
Let’s beat Creighton.
Win the Big East regular season.
Win the BE tournament.

I’ve come to trust the transfer portal process. Sad to see some players leave but gives us an opportunity to reload where we need it.

Worried about making a run in March Madness. Now is the time. Need to show up and win.

Reaction Score
8FE2A879-C377-4EE7-BF4D-605DCE02F756.gif

Reaction Score
We're a fragile bunch, but I don't care what anyone says, I'm not pumping no damn brakes. Being relevant is a weighty responsibly and it is hard to anything done that is non-UConn related.

Reaction Score
Less psycho than normal. Making me uncomfortable a little.

Reaction Score
Only thing that could make this better is if we got to play Syracuse this year too.

Have to settle for Georgetown I guess.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You better get that Judge ready for a March run. Last year's efforts were unimpressive.
Well, in his defense, the old guy bailed at the last minute, came back and half assed it and then bailed again while crapping all over the process on his way out the door. Disappointing, to say the least.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Doomed.
I'm thinking doomed is past it's sell-by date. The joke is stale. We have grit and pluck in spades but we don't depend on it to win. I'm so bored with " doomed" and the "everyone is out to screw UConn" nonsense. Isn't having a great team that looks like it can create it's own destiny the perfect time to retire that crap for good. We've won 4 title in 23 years, more that anyone. Seeing UConn fans playing the victim is a cringe. Real bluebloods don't play the victim. It takes away from the great play of the team.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Big East will be a challenge. Lots of unfriendly crowds at away games. Just glad that we have a very deep and unselfish team that has demonstrated an ability to play for 40 mins. That is very refreshing.
I am planning to enjoy the ride because this is the best team we have had in a long, long time. Love seeing them pick each other up.

Reaction Score
I'm keeping my preseason expectations in mind and not getting carried away. If we reach the BET final and get to the second weekend, I'm going to consider this a very successful season.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm thinking doomed is past it's sell-by date. The joke is stale. We have grit and pluck in spades but we don't depend on it to win. I'm so bored with " doomed" and the "everyone is out to screw UConn" nonsense. Isn't having a great team that looks like it can create it's own destiny the perfect time to retire that crap for good. We've won 4 title in 23 years, more that anyone. Seeing UConn fans playing the victim is a cringe. Real bluebloods don't play the victim. It takes away from the great play of the team.
Double doomed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom