Yard’s Current Mental State | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Yard’s Current Mental State

Reaction Score
Honestly, the last couple of years we've had good teams but no killer instinct. We always seemed to be overwhelmed under pressure. This team feels different.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You know, now that I think about it, it sure would be nice (and overdue) for you all to throw me a "Thank you" retirement celebration for all my year's as your Mojo Master. Maybe you could dedicate a day to me every year to recognize my greatness. I'm open to ideas.
Is that what Boeheim is looking for before he agrees to go away?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, now that I think about it, it sure would be nice (and overdue) for you all to throw me a "Thank you" retirement celebration for all my year's as your Mojo Master. Maybe you could dedicate a day to me every year to recognize my greatness. I'm open to ideas.
Sure, if you went out on top. Instead you neglected your duties and crapped all over everything on the way out the door. Sound familiar? I don’t see either one of you getting any recognition, well, at least positive recognition, in the foreseeable future.

CL82

Reaction Score
Is that what Boeheim is looking for before he agrees to go away?
Lol, at this point I’m sure Syracuse would name every day Jim Boeheim appreciation day just to get him out the door.

Reaction Score
Sure, if you went out on top. Instead you neglected your duties and crapped all over everything on the way out the door. Sound familiar? I don’t see either one of you getting any recognition, well, at least positive recognition, in the foreseeable future.
Keep it up and I will make sure you're not on the invite list.

CL82

Reaction Score
Keep it up and I will make sure you're not on the invite list.
Yeah Right Ok GIF by mi Posicionamiento Web

Okay Kevin.

Reaction Score
The Yard’s enthusiasm barometer is off the charts, highest since April 2014 (please see the charts on The Weather Channel App). We passed the early tests with flying colors and I haven’t been as excited about our team’s players and potential since…forever, but could we actually get beaten out there by a team other than Creighton? No. Or at least not from what I have been reading from posts the last couple days.
So should we run into a Teddy Allen clone I have assembled counselors and a suicide prevention hotline just for this unlikely event. Of course should that team be Providence or St. John’s we’re all going to need medication and lots of it. I will not address a losing streak at this time because it’s unfathomable. Never hurts to be prepared.
Yes. This yard is mental.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're welcome
You may have worn out yours.

Take it easy and don’t try to climb up on top of the bandwagon. You’ve passed the baton, let it go and move on. You’ve got a creepy ex-girlfriend vibe going here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, gloating at Syracuse is trouble is good mojo, the best really. All fan bases get to dislike other fan bases, and Syracuse is a great (nose) pick.
FIFY

CL82

Reaction Score
FIFY
Yeah, that was the idea. I don’t try to hammer it too hard, though. Whoever gets it, gets it. This is actually my third nose picking pun in this thread. I kind of miss 8893, because it’s the kind of thing that he would be all over as well.:p

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah, that was the idea. I don’t try to hammer it too hard, though. Whoever gets it, gets it. This is actually my third nose picking pun in this thread. I kind of miss 8893, because it’s the kind of thing that he would be all over as well.:p
You’re on a roll. Haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. My wife overheard me laughing and asked why.

Explained it to her and she naturally doesn’t get it.

CL82

Reaction Score
You’re on a roll. Haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. My wife overheard me laughing and asked why.

Explained it to her and she naturally doesn’t get it.
Ha ha, one of the things I have learned over the years is never try to explain The Boneyard to your wife. It usually ends up with you laughing out loud and her just looking at you like you’re crazy.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Ha ha, one of the things I have learned over the years is never try to explain The Boneyard to your wife. It usually ends up with you laughing out loud and her just looking at you like you’re crazy.
Doesn't understand smack talk. I understand that about most women. Moving down to the southeast I've had to reign it in a lot even with men.

Reaction Score
You may have worn out yours.

Take it easy and don’t try to climb up on top of the bandwagon. You’ve passed the baton, let it go and move on. You’ve got a creepy ex-girlfriend vibe going here.
I'm a legacy here, son. O.G. Yard. I'll do what I want, when I want.

CL82

Reaction Score
Doesn't understand smack talk. I understand that about most women. Moving down to the southeast I've had to reign it in a lot even with men.
I guess, I think it also stems from The Boneyard being a series of interrelated inside jokes. To us, they are hysterical but the outsiders… Not so much.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm a legacy here, son. O.G. Yard. I'll do what I want, when I want.
Creepy… ex… girlfriend.

Eventually you have to say “Look go away we’re not together anymore.”

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sadly, I'm the biggest proponent of this tradition that there is. You definitely don't want me to back out of the room.

Note: I called it out in this thread to get you idiots in line with plenty of time this year......
"Sadly," not "Proudly"?
WTAF?

Your denial is delusional.
Your defiance is a dodge.
Petulant hubris is all you're showing, and it's a sorry last gasp if you choose to go that route.

It's December 1st, and you've got 3 months to get in shape...unless you want to keep punching down to proudly grow your roster of Ignores, and settle for whining about not being thanked enough for past service.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm just shaking my head. Whatever it is you guys are talking about, it's not mojo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom