Yankees Red Sox in London | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yankees Red Sox in London

Reaction Score
Had to listen to the last inning in the car. Le Mahieu was interviewed and said what I suspected that the mound was different for the pitchers. Meanwhile.that guy I think could hit a pea moving at 150 mph right now.

Flat out hitter, baseball player Cashmans best move in a long time. Would’ve been 5-6 if the Sox reliever could’ve gotten out of the way of that line drive at him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
InkedScreenshot_20190629-213425_2 (1)_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yanks are playing there’s no 2-1 pitching dual is coming. They don’t even have an actual starter ready for tomorrow that may change after today. They’re staff is awful right now they don’t have a starter they can depend on if anyone it’s CC believe it or not. Right now they couldn’t win a postseason series with what they have for pitching.
though he got rocked today tanaka is a steady, (typically) reliable presence. domingo has the stuff to win games by himself, though he isn’t the superstar his stats say. serverino will be back. they aren’t lighting league on fire, but i think starting pitching is fine, they wouldn’t have record they do if they weren’t. lineup good enough to compensate for the bad nights all the guys are capable of.

Reaction Score
Heard the Gleyber rumor that’s hilarious. I like Boyd rather have him than Baumgarner only because his numbers have gotten worst every year. Stroman all in I agree. Heard he came out with some discomfort in his arm last start though?
I want Bumgarner way more than them. Yankees need an ace, a guy who can go up against any other ace in the playoffs and outdeul them. I'm confident he's still that, not at all confident any of the other guys are that.

Reaction Score
Flat out hitter, baseball player Cashmans best move in a long time. Would’ve been 5-6 if the Sox reliever could’ve gotten out of the way of that line drive at him.
Cashman has made a bunch of great moves with position players but hasn't been able to pull the trigger on a top pitcher. Yankees are an ace away from being the favorites to win it all.

Reaction Score
though he got rocked today tanaka is a steady, (typically) reliable presence. domingo has the stuff to win games by himself, though he isn’t the superstar his stats say. serverino will be back. they aren’t lighting league on fire, but i think starting pitching is fine, they wouldn’t have record they do if they weren’t. lineup good enough to compensate for the bad nights all the guys are capable of.

Severino scares me doubt we can count on him this year actually wish he had surgery like we are going to hear he needs a year to late. Germain while having stuff already showed he was tired after extending himself in some solid starts like the kid a lot but not sure how much we can depend on him quite yet. Agree on Tanaka to a point but again a bit inconsistent lately. CC always better than we expect and Happ, BP as of late. No way they can stay pay and win a championship.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I've been busy all day and just checked the score 17-13... what the heck went on during this game
2 TD's and a field goal, 2 TD's and a missed extra point. The game was actually won by the London Monarchs who defeated the Barcelona Dragons.

Reaction Score
Without watching or seeing highlights and with that quote that means the mound was lower than normal. Huge advantage for the hitters if that was the case
Sort of interesting........ and makes sense. I don't think Tanaka had one swing and miss.

Reaction Score
I want Bumgarner way more than them. Yankees need an ace, a guy who can go up against any other ace in the playoffs and outdeul them. I'm confident he's still that, not at all confident any of the other guys are that.

Bumgarner hasn't been a reliable ace since about 2016.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Mom is a 75 year old Catholic teacher and die hard Yank fan. I like the Sox.

When Sox closed it to 17-13 I sent a text to her asking how many "awshits" she went through. She said she went from "awshit" to "GD".

The rivalry is real.
I’m the opposite. My parents (both gone during the 1990s, ) were big Bosux fans. But the Mick was my idol. I will say that I regretted them not living to see Boston win that first WS in 86 years. They were little kids in , what was it 1918, that Boston had last won.

I sent by Boston loving pal who lives near Beantown an e-mail titled Giants beat Pats 17-13.

Reaction Score
Bumgarner hasn't been a reliable ace since about 2016.
And yet his ERA has been better than Verlander's before he left the Tigers. He's arguably the best playoff pitcher ever, pitching for a horrible team doesn't exactly get you juiced up. This should be a no-brainer for the Yankees.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember exactly but I can let you know tomorrow. Wasn’t close to $500 per ticket though. I know they aren’t obstructed but I think they are way out there in centerfield.

Ticket price was 45 pounds. We were 34 rows up from the centerfield wall which seems far but there must have been 40-50 more rows behind us. Seating was better than Fenway but that pretty much goes without saying.

I was really impressed with the turnout and the Brits were having a great time. The food was garbage though I ordered nachos and it was covered in ketchup (@August_West bat signal. Hot dogs were nasty as well. Anyways, other than the food it was a great time @browndog319

Reaction Score
Ticket price was 45 pounds. We were 34 rows up from the centerfield wall which seems far but there must have been 40-50 more rows behind us. Seating was better than Fenway but that pretty much goes without saying.

I was really impressed with the turnout and the Brits were having a great time. The food was garbage though I ordered nachos and it was covered in ketchup (@August_West bat signal. Hot dogs were nasty as well. Anyways, other than the food it was a great time @browndog319
Thank you! That is amazing that you got them for £45 - my cousin was looking since she is there and I have no idea where she was looking. That’s not bad at all (other than the flight I would’ve taken, but I would’ve had a free place to stay).
I just threw up a little about the nachos with ketchup - I guess they think that’s what we eat at ballgames? Although a lot of Brit food is weird. First time I took my daughter, her first meal was fish and chips. Whoever made them left the scales on... we were fresh off the plane and exhausted so she ate some of it and I didn’t say anything.
Later she asked my cousin’s husband if that was how they were supposed to be... he was like “God no!”
She hasn’t eaten fish since then.
I hope they do this again next year. I’m going to figure out how to go and make sure I don’t let the ticket prices deter me. I’m glad the Brits had a good time. I love it over there and find the people really fun.

Reaction Score
Thank you! That is amazing that you got them for £45 - my cousin was looking since she is there and I have no idea where she was looking. That’s not bad at all (other than the flight I would’ve taken, but I would’ve had a free place to stay).
I just threw up a little about the nachos with ketchup - I guess they think that’s what we eat at ballgames? Although a lot of Brit food is weird. First time I took my daughter, her first meal was fish and chips. Whoever made them left the scales on... we were fresh off the plane and exhausted so she ate some of it and I didn’t say anything.
Later she asked my cousin’s husband if that was how they were supposed to be... he was like “God no!”
I hope they do this again next year. I’m going to figure out how to go and make sure I don’t let the ticket prices deter me. I’m glad the Brits had a good time. I love it over there and find the people really fun.
They had tickets for not too much. Next year is Cubs v. Cards in London.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The NFL plans on having a team in London soon.

I think they'd place that franchise in the AFC East.
The London Redcoats vs. New England Patriots. The most natural rivalry on the planet.

Then place a Mexico City franchise in the NFC.

Last edited:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Next year it’s the Cubs vs. Cardinals.

It wouldn’t be surprising to have the Dodgers vs. Giants after that.

Reaction Score

I’m a Yankees fan but that’s a really good series. I actually wish LaRussa was still coaching the Cardinals... but that would be a great series.

Reaction Score

Is it planned for same time of year? It’s actually perfect because then you can also catch a couple of games at Wimbledon while you’re over there and if you want to extend it, stay through the 4th and ask everyone where the fireworks are (which my daughter did because she didn’t believe they didn’t have the 4th of July there).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom