Yankees Red Sox in London | The Boneyard

Yankees Red Sox in London

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is insane.
I’m wondering if there is something with the height or pitch of the. mound. Seriously. Many way off pitches in addition to the crazy number of hits.

Reaction Score
europe is going to think this is the greatest sport ever. then they’ll be in for an unpleasant surprise when tomorrow is a 2-1 pitching dual....

Yanks are playing there’s no 2-1 pitching dual is coming. They don’t even have an actual starter ready for tomorrow that may change after today. They’re staff is awful right now they don’t have a starter they can depend on if anyone it’s CC believe it or not. Right now they couldn’t win a postseason series with what they have for pitching.

Reaction Score
Chance Adams likely will start tomorrow with Cessa ready for clean up. Hope the yanks just punt the game and london

Reaction Score
I’ll be there tomorrow.
I’m so jealous. If you don’t mind me asking, how much were your tix? My cousin lives in London (right outside) and we were talking about going (our family is all about the Yankees). When we talked about it they were about $500 after the conversion. So that was a no go especially since London makes NYC look cheap...

Reaction Score
Yanks are playing there’s no 2-1 pitching dual is coming. They don’t even have an actual starter ready for tomorrow that may change after today. They’re staff is awful right now they don’t have a starter they can depend on if anyone it’s CC believe it or not. Right now they couldn’t win a postseason series with what they have for pitching.
Really hope the Yankees don't analytics this thing to death, just get Bumgarner.

Reaction Score
Really hope the Yankees don't analytics this thing to death, just get Bumgarner.

Analytics are painful aren’t they? I think they need 2 starters honestly would prefer Boyd from Tigers or Stroman from Jays. Know they won’t get 2 unless one is more of a 3/4/5.....or just trade for the Nats #1... :eek:

Reaction Score
I’m so jealous. If you don’t mind me asking, how much were your tix? My cousin lives in London (right outside) and we were talking about going (our family is all about the Yankees). When we talked about it they were about $500 after the conversion. So that was a no go especially since London makes NYC look cheap...

I don’t remember exactly but I can let you know tomorrow. Wasn’t close to $500 per ticket though. I know they aren’t obstructed but I think they are way out there in centerfield.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember exactly but I can let you know tomorrow. Wasn’t close to $500 per ticket though. I know they aren’t obstructed but I think they are way out there in centerfield.
Thank you. This was back in the spring when we looked into it so maybe it was just the pricing at the time. Have a blast!
Are people into it?
Last time I was there was Christmastime 2017. One of my cab drivers was a big NFL fan. Like goes to every game that is played over there and has a satellite dish to watch the others. And apparently there are pubs that cater to the Brit with a love of American football... I didn’t think it would translate at all but it will be fun to see if baseball takes off as well.

Reaction Score
Analytics are painful aren’t they? I think they need 2 starters honestly would prefer Boyd from Tigers or Stroman from Jays. Know they won’t get 2 unless one is more of a 3/4/5.....or just trade for the Nats #1... :eek:
I think Stroman is the perfect fit. I don't think they will meet nor should meet the asking price for Bumgarner. The tigers asked for Gleyber in initial talks for Boyd.

Reaction Score
Crazy. Insane score. Kinda fishy how the game is that high scoring and baseball is trying to create more international appeal and 30 runs are scored? When was last time u saw 30 runs scored in a game? Weird

Reaction Score
Thank you. This was back in the spring when we looked into it so maybe it was just the pricing at the time. Have a blast!
Are people into it?
Last time I was there was Christmastime 2017. One of my cab drivers was a big NFL fan. Like goes to every game that is played over there and has a satellite dish to watch the others. And apparently there are pubs that cater to the Brit with a love of American football... I didn’t think it would translate at all but it will be fun to see if baseball takes off as well.
The NFL plans on having a team in London soon.

I think they'd place that franchise in the AFC East.

Reaction Score
Are people into it?

We got our tickets the day it opened to the public so I’m sure the tickets have been getting more expensive the closer to the game.

I don’t feel a ton of excitement but I’m surrounded but tourists from all over the world that are there to sightsee. They’ve sold a ton of tickets though so there must be some interest from the British.

Reaction Score
Buy me some Yanks and/or West Ham gear, please and thank you!

You got it!
AC62342E-E8F2-4882-9DC0-68A3744DCEB7.jpeg

Reaction Score
Boyd isn't even good, they have a lot of nerve asking for Gleyber.
can you imagine the firestorm that would start? Imagine Cashman even entertaining the idea of trading Gleyber for anything less than Scherzer + Strasburg. Even then I think you'd get pushback.

Reaction Score
Had to listen to the last inning in the car. Le Mahieu was interviewed and said what I suspected that the mound was different for the pitchers. Meanwhile.that guy I think could hit a pea moving at 150 mph right now.

Without watching or seeing highlights and with that quote that means the mound was lower than normal. Huge advantage for the hitters if that was the case

Reaction Score
I think Stroman is the perfect fit. I don't think they will meet nor should meet the asking price for Bumgarner. The tigers asked for Gleyber in initial talks for Boyd.

Heard the Gleyber rumor that’s hilarious. I like Boyd rather have him than Baumgarner only because his numbers have gotten worst every year. Stroman all in I agree. Heard he came out with some discomfort in his arm last start though?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mom is a 75 year old Catholic teacher and die hard Yank fan. I like the Sox.

When Sox closed it to 17-13 I sent a text to her asking how many "awshits" she went through. She said she went from "awshit" to "GD".

The rivalry is real.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom