Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me after reading this thread
51b6b64d574570bc927024a200d63cb4.600x.gif

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I know how Ollie feels. Every time one of the Kadasians breaks up with some guy, my name is the first one tossed out there. Then there are all the denials. People calling me a liar. It gets to you after a while.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ten minutes later.

@AdamZagoria: Source: Kevin Ollie is 'only listening to OKC and any coach would.'
And in response to that, some Marquette homer says he's only listening because he's interested.

If people don't think that this is being stirred up by people who are trying to kill our recruiting, they are very ignorant imo.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And in response to that, some Marquette homer says he's only listening because he's interested.

If people don't think that this is being stirred up by people who are trying to kill our recruiting, they are very ignorant imo.
That's what I'm saying! Two years in a row?

Reaction Score
If Ollie does in fact bolt, hope he doesn't, imagine a scenario where Calhoun comes back for a season and rip hamilton is hired as lead assistant and groomed over the summer and course of the season to take the long term HC job.
I would not want this to happen! Sorry!

Reaction Score
And what makes you think Rip is cut out for coaching? Is it just because he played in the NBA for a long time? Not trying to be confrontational, but not every former player necessarily makes a good coach. How is his knowledge of strategy? Teaching fundamentals? Interacting with young people?
There's a 5+ page thread from a week or so ago on how Ray is not a people person and likes to keep to himself. He simply doesn't have the personality to be a head coach working intensively with 13 student-athletes, 3 assistants, and charismatically trying to convince dozens of high schoolers across the country to play for UCONN.

He's still a legend, perhaps the best to ever wear the UCONN uniform, and he will always be well-respected. But being a good coach doesn't automatically come with that.

Ray is a cool guy and i spent much time around him as well as Rip. Rip is def a people guy but I don't feel head coach for Uconn at this stage. Ray is a def no no.

Reaction Score
I would hate for Ollie to go but he has future plans I am sure. i had a 5 year plan that met me in 3 years. People were not happy but I knew what I wanted. I love Uconn and Ollie but if he so happoens to leave, I wish him the best and we move on.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty obvious that OKC already talked to Ollie this morning or in the past 24-48 hours - then he put out his statement saying he has no plans to leave and OKC proceeded to fire Brooks within hours of that statement and likely moved onto plan B (Donovan), C (going back to Ollie) or D (something else).

Now did Ollie first shoot them down because he genuinely isn't interested? Was it because they didn't offer him much since they would already have to pay Ollie, Brooks AND a hefty buyout? who knows.

Whatever wiggle room Ollie left in his statement I would think is for something more out-of-the-blue than OKC just upping their offer.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Espn was saying ollie and Donovan but also hoiberg, tibs, or high profile assistants in the nba

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yahoo Sports are documented liars, they have no regard for the truth

every UConn fan should know this, and thus immediately discount everything they report. You might as well still believe you can keep your doctors and your existing insurance if you choose to

KO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the scum at Yahoo Sports

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
All this time i was led to believe that Calipari was the greatest coach of all time...why no interest from OKC?

or anybody?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Kris Dunn calls Woj a liar -

@WojYahooNBA: Yahoo Sources: Providence guard Kris Dunn, a possible lottery pick, plans to return for his junior season. http://post original url/yhTtLUlMjB

@GavinKeefe: Dunn on the report that he is returning to Providence: "That's his opinion. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet."

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm going to agree with this, and include the people who want to rehire Jim Calhoun, too.
Ok so.... KO was a player with no head coaching qualifications... so therefore you owe a lot of people slaps since that hire worked out pretty well. And if Ollie leaves, it really isn't too farfetched that Calhoun would come back for a year or 2 until we find the right longterm guy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ok so.... KO was a player with no head coaching qualifications... so therefore you owe a lot of people slaps since that hire worked out pretty well. And if Ollie leaves, it really isn't too farfetched that Calhoun would come back for a year or 2 until we find the right longterm guy.

So because it worked for KO means it'll work for any other guy put in that situation?

Also, KO at least had two years of assisting a HOFer. None of the guys whose names are being thrown around have any experience at all.

Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan's take was interesting on SportsTalk tonight. For some of us the reports by Yahoo ect ect...are not relevant. It is simply facts, circumstances and timing. One thing Nathan mentioned is "Striking while the iron is hot..." and the reasons. He also mentioned the counter arguments such as being closer to his kids. Ok...hmmm

I think KO stays at UConn simply because his stock isn't high enough to have OKC pull the trigger on the buyout. If they did my guess is KO would be packing his bags. League affiliation will continue to make recruiting a huge challenge. We desperately needed Miller. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

It also is in OKC's best interest to have KO's name out there as a candidate when they drop a dime on their #1 choice. Which I doubt is Ollie. This isn't much different than recruiting though. So the proverbial...everything is fluid applies here also. Honestly I just want KO to be happy. The guy delivered us a great National Championship last year. One for the ages. One I will never forget. An unbelievable memory.

Reaction Score
Sure, if you don't count coaching at UConn for 2 years before getting the head coaching job as coaching experience. And UConn isn't the type of program that hires a caretaker for a couple years while searching for somebody else to fill the spot.

Reaction Score

This is wrong for so many reasons. First off, highly doubt anyone cares about UCONN to that extent given our current situation. Second, if that's what it all this is, then why wouldn't Ollie be screaming from the mountains that he is 100% not going anywhere? The 5 mil buyout was very shrewd by Manuel, and he put that in KO's contract knowing what his motivations are a lot more than any of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom