Yahoo calls Ollie a liar. | The Boneyard

Yahoo calls Ollie a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andy Katz seemed to think Ollie stated that "He would not pursue other opportunities..." leaving open others pursuing him.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
If Ollie does in fact bolt, hope he doesn't, imagine a scenario where Calhoun comes back for a season and rip hamilton is hired as lead assistant and groomed over the summer and course of the season to take the long term HC job.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"No plans" plans can change...
You stated in another thread you like Wojo. I don't care who the person is credential wise everyone has an agenda. Wojo has been in Calipari's camp going back to UMass. He's had a vendetta against UConn for a long time.

This tweet shows his true colors:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA Follow

Despite public statement, UConn's Kevin Ollie does not really enjoy playing golf. And he's a top choice for using foot wedge.

3:10 PM - 22 Apr 2015

If you don't think Calipari has hatred for Uconn you are missing the boat. He's been stopped many times by UConn. This negative press release has Cal written all over it. He uses reporters to fit his agenda.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If Ollie does in fact bolt, hope he doesn't, imagine a scenario where Calhoun comes back for a season and rip hamilton is hired as lead assistant and groomed over the summer and course of the season to take the long term HC job.

And what makes you think Rip is cut out for coaching? Is it just because he played in the NBA for a long time? Not trying to be confrontational, but not every former player necessarily makes a good coach. How is his knowledge of strategy? Teaching fundamentals? Interacting with young people?

Reaction Score
And what makes you think Rip is cut out for coaching? Is it just because he played in the NBA for a long time? Not trying to be confrontational, but not every former player necessarily makes a good coach. How is his knowledge of strategy? Teaching fundamentals? Interacting with young people?
People will eat me alive for this "what if" but seriously, where would we turn? Calhoun, then who? Capel from Duke?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
People will eat me alive for this "what if" but seriously, where would we turn? Calhoun, then who? Capel from Duke?

D. Hurley is at the top of my wish list, although it really friggin' bothers me that I have a "wish list" to replace a coach who signed an extension with a hefty buyout.

Reaction Score
JC probably for 2 years maybe 1 and then hope we can find a successor fast next off season or at least someone who can be groomed by JC to take over.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Recently saw an interview with Rip, they asked about coaching.... He stated he has no interest and really enjoys what he's doing now, commentating. So I'd be really surprised if this came true. Plus, like stairmaster said, just because you played the game at a high level, does not translate into being a competent coach.

If KO goes... I see Jimmy Calhoun for two years, after that.... no clue

Reaction Score
Recently saw an interview with Rip, they asked about coaching.... He stated he has no interest and really enjoys what he's doing now, commentating. So I'd be really surprised if this came true. Plus, like stairmaster said, just because you played the game at a high level, does not translate into being a competent coach.

If KO goes... I see Jimmy Calhoun for two years, after that.... no clue
Yes that is how I seeing it played out if KO leaves. Hopefully we don't have to go there.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The media will stir up these Ollie rumors every single year. UConn needs to nail this coffin shut and come up with a long-term contract with excessive buyout clauses to keep the vultures from circling every single time there is an opening. This absolutely affects recruiting.

Reaction Score

Got a whole video specifically on the front page about it on ESPN. Internet at work throttles this so its hanging on me.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
If Ollie says he is not leaving, he is not leaving!
Well that's just it, he said he's not "pursuing" any NBA position.... Leaves a lot open for speculation. If he came right out and said "he is not leaving".... I would feel a lot better about this fiasco.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The media will stir up these Ollie rumors every single year. UConn needs to nail this coffin shut and come up with a long-term contract with excessive buyout clauses to keep the vultures from circling every single time there is an opening. This absolutely affects recruiting.
If OKC hires someone else anytime rumors appear down the road KO can point to this incident and squash them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom