Yahoo calls Ollie a liar. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Yahoo calls Ollie a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think all news/sports outlets are conspiring to kill UConn at every turn, with the exception of Andy Katz which is why he's my favorite sports reporter.
fb1a5458f65f6041532442f46aabee13a8c95d4e74c1affd8bca7c0be3a6456d.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
this yahoo BS is the talk of some other coach who is in competition in recruiting players KO is going after
OKC will not pay $5MM to buyout then pay him $5MM per year
KO wont do this to UConn after DHam decides to stay and Adams comes in and the talks with all those 2016 guys
Lastly, JC would probably slit his throat!!!

Reaction Score
Davis just set his career high in games played with 68, so no.
There is not a single GM in the league who would take Durant over Davis. The brow is the better player and it's not even really that close.

Reaction Score
Hurley has a pretty hefty buyout at Rhode Island per his recently signed extension.

Per the Providence Journal:
Should Hurley leave URI before the end of his deal, the school would have a nice head start on hiring its next coach. Improved buyout provisions in the contract call for a one-time payment of $1 million after the next two seasons, a one-time payment of $1.2 million between the 2017-18 and 2019-20 seasons or a one-time payment of $500,000 after the 2020-21 season.
I take th coach at Robert Morris. I mean they did beat Kentucky in 2012. lol

Reaction Score
There is not a single GM in the league who would take Durant over Davis. The brow is the better player and it's not even really that close.

If we're talking for just the next few years and tossing contract situations out the window then absolutely not. You believing otherwise only serves to prove you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You believing otherwise only serves to prove you know absolutely nothing about basketball.
I think this is my favorite of the Boneyard put-downs.

Really? Absolutely nothing?!?

Reaction Score

Guess he might know some things, but his thoughts on anything concerning basketball in any way shape or form are now dead to me after that statement :)

Reaction Score
If we're talking for just the next few years and tossing contract situations out the window then absolutely not. You believing otherwise only serves to prove you know absolutely nothing about basketball.
A couple simple questions, Do you think Durant is better than Davis right now? Do you think Durant will be better than Davis the next few years?

Reaction Score
A couple simple questions, Do you think Durant is better than Davis right now? Do you think Durant will be better than Davis the next few years?

Yes, undoubtedly. And the chances of Davis surpassing Durant in the next few years (assuming Durant plays anything close to last year going forward) is about as likely as both surpassing Lebron regardless. Davis is great but Durant was historically great last year, Davis needs to continue to improve and put together a few seasons of playing 75+ games before this is a serious discussion.

Reaction Score
i like how you are so positive you are right about a very debatable question

Reaction Score
i like how you are so positive you are right about a very debatable question

It's not really debatable though. All Durant has to do is stay healthy and play at a level close to last year. Davis has to both improve by a fairly decent amount, as well as string together a couple seasons in the mid-high 70's in games played.

Reaction Score
if you asked all the gms in the nba who they are taking 2 years down the road over half would say AD if not more

Reaction Score
if you asked all the gms in the nba who they are taking 2 years down the road over half would say AD if not more

More like 5 years down the road. In 2 years Durant will be 28 and still firmly in his prime. I don't think you realize how insane his 32/6/7 on 50/40/90 was last year. MJ, Lebron, Kobe have never put up those numbers with those %'s. Bird's BEST season is the best roughly equivalent comparison to what Durant did last year.

Reaction Score
Yes, undoubtedly. And the chances of Davis surpassing Durant in the next few years (assuming Durant plays anything close to last year going forward) is about as likely as both surpassing Lebron regardless. Davis is great but Durant was historically great last year, Davis needs to continue to improve and put together a few seasons of playing 75+ games before this is a serious discussion.
Davis is a one man wrecking crew for New Orleans, just getting that roster to the playoffs is a minor miracle, he just had one of the best statistical seasons in NBA history finishing top 8 in pts, rebs, steals, blocks, fg%. Davis is the best pick and roll defender in the league and one of the best rim protectors. I would give Durant the nod in scoring just because he gets more points even though he's less efficient but once again I thought he was exposed in the playoffs, he never diversified his offensive game, it's still perimeter shooting while his post game remains nonexistent. Davis has a post game and this season he's proven he has an outside game. While Durant scores more ppg, Davis is harder to take out of what he does because he can beat you down low and from the perimeter. I get that Pelicans are never on TV so you probably have watched very little of Davis, in a couple of years the Davis v. Durant argument won't even be an argument.

Reaction Score
If Ollie does in fact bolt, hope he doesn't, imagine a scenario where Calhoun comes back for a season and rip hamilton is hired as lead assistant and groomed over the summer and course of the season to take the long term HC job.
Apropo moniker there, way WideRight! Or left, but definitely off the mark.

Reaction Score
Davis is a one man wrecking crew for New Orleans, just getting that roster to the playoffs is a minor miracle, he just had one of the best statistical seasons in NBA history finishing top 8 in pts, rebs, steals, blocks, fg%. Davis is the best pick and roll defender in the league and one of the best rim protectors. I would give Durant the nod in scoring just because he gets more points even though he's less efficient but once again I thought he was exposed in the playoffs, he never diversified his offensive game, it's still perimeter shooting while his post game remains nonexistent. Davis has a post game and this season he's proven he has an outside game. While Durant scores more ppg, Davis is harder to take out of what he does because he can beat you down low and from the perimeter. I get that Pelicans are never on TV so you probably have watched very little of Davis, in a couple of years the Davis v. Durant argument won't even be an argument.

You're basically over-crediting Davis for everything he does while under-crediting Durant for everything that he does. Durant gets to the line at an insane rate and is automatic from there, and his % splits are at the absolute pinnacle for what a wing player can do. Durant also played much of last season without Westbrook and won at something like a .700 clip.

Also Davis doesn't really have a low post game, he gets the bulk of his points on those 15 footers and using his quickness to run past slower bigs. Neither of these are negatives, but your evaluation of Davis' skill set isn't entirely correct.

Both will go down as all time greats, but Durant is already in his historically great phase and is in much more rarified air with what he's doing relative to what's ever been done at his position. He also played 81 games in both 2013-14, Davis has yet to even play 70.

Reaction Score

It's particularly well-placed in this context when it's asserted against one of the Founding Fathers of the "you don't know anything about basketball" crew.

Reaction Score
More like 5 years down the road. In 2 years Durant will be 28 and still firmly in his prime. I don't think you realize how insane his 32/6/7 on 50/40/90 was last year. MJ, Lebron, Kobe have never put up those numbers with those %'s. Bird's BEST season is the best roughly equivalent comparison to what Durant did last year.
5 years down the road, now I know you're crazy. Given the choice right now, no GM is building their team around Durant over Davis. Is this Kevin Durant I'm debating with?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Apropo moniker there, way WideRight! Or left, but definitely off the mark.
Yes definitely a rash, first idea type of attempt at rhetoric. I'd much rather stay in the mindset that the leader and face of the program is set in stone and working for improvement with relentlessness.

Reaction Score
5 years down the road, now I know you're crazy. Given the choice right now, no GM is building their team around Durant over Davis. Is this Kevin Durant I'm debating with?

Durant is only 26. At this point you've clearly just been pants'd.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't think he realizes Durant has another 5 or so absolutely PRIME years left.
I don't think you realize how good Davis already is and how rapidly he's improving. Spurs win in OT, time for bed.

Reaction Score

How is Davis more efficient than Durant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom