wow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
ucon (sic) has NEVER beaten BC (or really ever come close to beating BC) on the football field

UConn actually came kind of close once just before they joined the Big East. And just a few years later when the Huskies were putting themselves in a postition to beat BCU, the Beagles ran away fraidy-scared of UConn. Respected BCU alum Bob Ryan on multiple occaisions has said the rise of UConn was a factor in their betrayal. And he made this assertion based on discussions with inside BCU sources.

Reaction Score
BCU is the school that looks petty, jealous, small and weak at this point. What exactly are they afraid of?

Anyways, back to the sort of original topic. Losing a kid that went to Catholic School to BCU isn't exactly big news. But, one of the few things P is doing that I like is getting aggressive with the local kids. A three star from CT is no different than a three star from Floriduh. It's cheaper to recruit a kid from CT, and in football, like politics it's never bad wisdom be strong among your base, or even to win your OWN DAMN STATE. Especially when your state is smaller than some counties in Texas...

It probably doesn't hurt... I mean we are better at recruiting in CT, but we also landed a QB from Texas. In terms of economies of scale, do you guys think it's more efficient for us to take a chance on a longshot in the State of CT or one on the other side of the country. You don't have to answer that.

Reaction Score
I didn't know that his son was attending UCONN. I don't recall him being a high D1 recruit either, so I'm not sure that proves much. I also didn't say anything about "hating UCONN." But I have spoken to Marinan on a few occassions about football in general and UCONN football in particular and I'm just giving you how I've interpreted his view based on those conversations. We've sat togther at a function. We've met a time or two at other events. We don't hang out together. We're not friends, so maybe he is not giving me his "true" take....And I don't know anything about his view of UCONN as a university, but rather his view of the football program...he still considers it small time and he isn't going to encourage his better recruits to select UCONN over other major programs. Maybe that changes over time, maybe not. As to the kid choosing BC, that's fine. I'm disappointed but I'm not sure he would se the field for 3-4 years anyway with the players we currently have and any we migh trecruit after him. That , by the way also entered his decision I bet. But if you don't think kids' coaches, and their guidance people and so forth also influence where they go to school, why was it such a big deal that the high school coaches like Pasqualoni? and that many of them didn't care for Edsall? Of course the family, and ultimately the kid himself make the final decisions...but the smart ones take advice from those others too.

He was also quoted as having this attitude in the newspaper, but it was in regard to Amari Spievey's recruitment. He definitely had some bad blood with Edsall.

Reaction Score
MJuconn23 said:
Boston College will still out recruit ucon and be the superior program.

Buddy Brown, a 3* recruit from New Jersey just committed to Temple....even though he had a scholarship from an apparently superior BCU program.

MJuconn23 said:
enjoy losing recruits to Temple

Same to you BCU

Reaction Score
MJuconn23 said:
ucon has NEVER beaten BC (or really ever come close to beating BC) on the football field and outside of a few recruits in the NE area, never compete for the same recruits, for the simple reason that serious HS football players know ucon is a joke and a bottom feeder in a non AQ conference

Thank you for informing us. Is this why four of the top five players in Massachusetts who have committed have chosen to play their football seemingly anywhere but BC?

Reaction Score
normal_ff43.jpg

I LOVE THIS PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, that is a TRUE BC "SUPER FAN". All their fans are FAT TURDS like Super Fan Man there.

SUPER FAN dude is rocking 20XL threads. As if the color and logo wasn't bad enough, SF is busting the seams on a 20XL shirt. This is a PRICELESS IMAGE.

This image is saved on the computer for future use.. That image will be used in countless future BC related posts.

Reaction Score
Buddy Brown, a 3* recruit from New Jersey just committed to Temple....even though he had a scholarship from an apparently superior BCU program.

Same to you BCU
You clearly dont know what happened with Buddy Brown's recruitment lol

Reaction Score
Well, what happened?
Brown was considered a big time kid after his SOPH year the projection and potential upside was huge. He didn't really progress much and most of those offers aren't there anymore.

Reaction Score
If I was a betting man, I'd be willing to bet that MJuconn23 or JS2286 are that "truthorconnsequences" dude from espn.com

Reaction Score
Brown was considered a big time kid after his SOPH year the projection and potential upside was huge. He didn't really progress much and most of those offers aren't there anymore.

Please elaborate. Do offers from BCU expire annually? Monthly? Game by game? If offered by BCU, does a recruit need to check back after each practice to make sure his performance still warranted the original offer?

And who is the recruiter that deemed his "upside was huge"? Does he still have a job? Does his contract expire annually? Monthly? Weekly?

Reaction Score
Please elaborate. Do offers from BCU expire annually? Monthly? Game by game? If offered by BCU, does a recruit need to check back after each practice to make sure his performance still warranted the original offer?

And who is the recruiter that deemed his "upside was huge"? Does he still have a job? Does his contract expire annually? Monthly? Weekly?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Reaction Score
Smh you have to realize recruiting isn't what it was anymore the fact that written offers can't go out until the August before a recruit's senior year has changed everything. You can throw out verbal offers and look for progression etc while getting your foot in the door. If it shows when the time comes you give the offer, not all offers are really there and if you dont understand that or question that you dont know the first thing about recruiting. Every school does it and it happens alot. Brown's offers went away. His top 2 was PSU and RU for months and all of a sudden he commits to Temple. The kid didn't have firm offers from most schools simple as that.

Reaction Score
Smh you have to realize recruiting isn't what it was anymore the fact that written offers can't go out until the August before a recruit's senior year has changed everything. You can throw out verbal offers and look for progression etc while getting your foot in the door. If it shows when the time comes you give the offer, not all offers are really there and if you dont understand that or question that you dont know the first thing about recruiting. Every school does it and it happens alot. Brown's offers went away. His top 2 was PSU and RU for months and all of a sudden he commits to Temple. The kid didn't have firm offers from most schools simple as that.

... so what you're saying is BCU didn't want him anymore ... even though he was deemed to have a huge upside ... and he was at one time verbally offered.

Reaction Score
... so what you're saying is BCU didn't want him anymore ... even though he was deemed to have a huge upside ... and he was at one time verbally offered.

Similar to Boyle and his Florida offer, they may have offered, but he couldnt committ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom