Wow you guys are nice. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wow you guys are nice.

Reaction Score
Plural is "All y'all"
In Connecticut, it's a boat with two masts, with the mizzen mast aft of the rudder. Y'all come down for a ride on my yawl.

I think here on the Boneyard, the prevalent attitude is that we just plain got beat - no excuses. It was a great game. Couldn't ask for more - a buzzer beater to put the game away. So exciting, so happy for William, she and the Mississippi State fans will never forget the moment.

Reaction Score
images

excellent...:)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for the compliment - WCBB fans in general are more genteel than those in other sports, though there are always a few yahoos who intrude onto any forum. Our Mods do a good job of weeding them out.

My hope for Miss State is that they do not end up treating the semi-final as if it were the National Championship because they took down Uconn. That has happened before when we have lost in a Semi and then the team that beat us played like crap in the final and gave the other team the title. I think you are lucky that you are facing SC in the final, as I am sure there is some strong feelings about 'unfinished business' with them specifically. They took two championships already this year from within your grasp, time for you all to return the favor!
Praise the Lord and Go Dogs! :cool:

Reaction Score
Thanks for the compliment - WCBB fans in general are more genteel than those in other sports, though there are always a few yahoos who intrude onto any forum. Our Mods do a good job of weeding them out.

My hope for Miss State is that they do not end up treating the semi-final as if it were the National Championship because they took down Uconn. That has happened before when we have lost in a Semi and then the team that beat us played like crap in the final and gave the other team the title. I think you are lucky that you are facing SC in the final, as I am sure there is some strong feelings about 'unfinished business' with them specifically. They took two championships already this year from within your grasp, time for you all to return the favor!
Praise the Lord and Go Dogs! :cool:
Don't see it happening. They are a team with a mission and coached by a guy who knows what he is doing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The speculation is he is waiting out Coach Blair at A&M since Coach Schaefer was an assistant under him and is a Texas boy himself so that all seems to make sense. Now that he is gaining traction at Miss St, leaving something he built is going to be that much harder to do, especially when he isn't exactly a young coach.

Agreed. I recall all of the interviews I've seen over the last week of Vic Schaefer. I've got to admit, I like the man. I have not become aware of too many coaches that impress me than Schaefer. A thought just came to me as I was watching another of his interviews. Now, keep in mind I'm not by any stretch of the imagination suggesting that Geno needs to go. Geno will leave when he's ready, and not before. No one can supplant him or replace him. You don't put the GOAT out to pasture before he's ready to go. Any thoughts or verbiage of that nature would be blasphemes. Speculation rose last summer as to who who replace Geno when he leaves. This was of course before news of his contract extension was made public. It appears that we'll be privileged to have Geno for a minimum of 5 more years.

What I am suggesting is that perhaps Schaefer (or someone like Schaefer) would be a good candidate to take over the program when Geno retires. That man knows how to teach, how to coach, how to recruit, and how to build a program. He's brought MSST from the abyss to national prominence in 5 years. He has a remarkable bond with his players. His kids play, and play hard for him. I think UConn would be in good hands under his direction.

But...........................as you say, he's waiting for Gary Blair to retire at Texas A&M. He may not have long to wait. Blair is no spring chicken. He's getting long in the tooth also. If that's his dream job, that's where he'll likely go. And as you say, Schaefer is not getting any younger (Born: March 2, 1961 (age 56 years), Austin, Texas. He's got more coaching years behind him than in front of him. Just a thought. We could do worse. :rolleyes: One thing we do know. Somebody will have to take over when Geno leaves. Whoever it is will have one hell of a job on their hands.

Reaction Score
Nicely said State Fan. I'm glad to see I am not the only MSU person who appreciates the wisdom and class on this board as well as the overall appreciation for women's basketball. There aren't many places online to discuss and read about the sport so that's what brought me here, and I would be here today even if UConn won last night.

It's true that SEC football is brutal. I love it, fall Saturdays are like heaven as 2 powerful program battle in a small, southern college town. However, the fan bases can also be brutal. Families can turn on each other and there is so much smack talking it borderlines on childish. It is great entertainment on the field and no one can deny SEC football is a religion but when the game are over, life goes on.

Thank you all/y'all for letting me post on this board. When I started I never imagined MSU would be one of those team to battle UConn in the FF. Your team, coach, and fans are the platinum level of women's basketball and it's a testament to how far MSU has come in a short time we can share the same stage. The Huskies will be back and will be as tough as ever.

Carnac

Reaction Score
As a State fan, I wanted to see what UConn fans were saying, and was really surprised. I guess I am accustomed to crazy SEC football fans. It makes me want to come visit Connecticut, maybe even move there.

On another note, y'all (southern coming out in me) had a great team this year for a rebuilding year. I'm pretty sure they will get on another roll of winning 100 games or more. Good luck next year.

I join with the other posters here in welcoming you to our humble abode or hang out. This is the place to be if you're a UConn fan, or a WCBB fan.

We're here year round. We keep abreast of other WCBB teams, and we welcome fans from all over the country. We've got Boneyard regulars from all over the country.
We're always interested in receiving news and observations from fans of other programs. We've got posters here that keep their finger on the pulse of WCBB across the country. Any breaking news in the world of WCBB, we get it here shortly after it breaks. We've got some news hounds here that rival Adam Schefter, Peter King and Jay glazer.
Thanks for dropping in. Don't be a stranger. :cool:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Sometimes we're nicer to visitors than to each other (LOL). I think Vic is very well liked and respected. Would rather have lost to you guys than many of the usual suspects. I just hope you win it all now.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks for chiming in, Statefan. I've seen a lot of MSU this year, and I love watching them. I for one will be enthusiastically rooting for them tomorrow evening.

All y'all isn't used in that much of the South in my experience. South Carolina, for sure. I never heard it used in Virginia, and close friends from Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas are quite adamant that you is singular, y'all is plural. I use it that way since it's useful and unambiguous.

Other than in the phrase, "Y'all is singular, all y'all is plural," I've heard all y'all used exactly once.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As a State fan, I wanted to see what UConn fans were saying, and was really surprised. I guess I am accustomed to crazy SEC football fans. It makes me want to come visit Connecticut, maybe even move there.

On another note, y'all (southern coming out in me) had a great team this year for a rebuilding year. I'm pretty sure they will get on another roll of winning 100 games or more. Good luck next year.

Welcome aboard Statefan!

While the loss hurts, your team showed class and grace in the win. Vic Shaefer is a class act and I will be rooting for State tomorrow night.

Stick around. This place can be a lot of fun and a great wealth of women's bsketball knowledge and info.

Now I have tell my niece (SC grad and fan) that you are going to roast their bird tomorrow night!

Reaction Score
Thanks StateFan - it was a tremendous game and Mississippi State deserved the win - I'll be rooting for your guys tomorrow...!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Sometimes we're nicer to visitors than to each other (LOL). I think Vic is very well liked and respected. Would rather have lost to you guys than many of the usual suspects. I just hope you win it all now.

Yeah, I wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

"Wow, you guys are nice"

You haven't been around long enough. :cool:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
And I also would like to chime in with my thanks. I think most of us here at the BY appreciate effort and excellence and Schaefer's teams have shown that since his days at Texas A & M. We also appreciate what it takes to build a winning culture seemingly out of whole cloth. State's win couldn't happen to a nicer man than Schaefer and better group of young women who represent all that we here at the BY love about WCBB. Now make no mistake we have our bunch of crazies and whiners here too, but don't let that stop you from coming back whenever you get a hankerin'. Good luck.
Jordy, I appreciate your sense of tact and understatement. :D

Reaction Score
I've had someone say "Y'all" to me when I was the only person in the room. Kinda weird to me! In a room with other people, I don't have much of an issue with it.

For Buzzyboy, down south "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural, and "mom'n'em" is your whole family.

And for Statefan, if you ever come up north, "Youse" is singular, and "youse guys" is plural.

See how simple that is.

Just be wary down South, any time someone appends "Bless his heart" onto the end of a sentence, it means that person is about to do something that will not end well. It's like a special code that they all know down there. Seriously.

P.S. Please stay on the board. The more "foreigners" the better. And besides the ones Nan mentioned we also have Notre Dame, Baylor, and Maryland visitors, but they're all in mourning right now. It will pick up again.

Reaction Score
Congrats on the big win!! Hopefully u guys can get the bigger one and seal the deal!! Gotta route for the dawgs!!

Reaction Score
In Connecticut, it's a boat with two masts, with the mizzen mast aft of the rudder. Y'all come down for a ride on my yawl.

I think here on the Boneyard, the prevalent attitude is that we just plain got beat - no excuses. It was a great game. Couldn't ask for more - a buzzer beater to put the game away. So exciting, so happy for William, she and the Mississippi State fans will never forget the moment.

Good ketch.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
P.S. Please stay on the board. The more "foreigners" the better. And besides the ones Nan mentioned we also have Notre Dame, Baylor, and Maryland visitors, but they're all in mourning right now. It will pick up again.
Duke, Stanford, Rutgers, NC State, UCLA, Oregon State...um, I know I'm forgetting folks. Oddly enough, no one from the AAC.

Reaction Score
Duke, Stanford, Rutgers, NC State, UCLA, Oregon State...um, I know I'm forgetting folks. Oddly enough, no one from the AAC.
Yeah there has been an ongoing USF thread promulgated by USFMB last couple years during the regular season.

Reaction Score
This board is so welcoming, and UConn fans so knowledgeable, that I really think of the BY as the national board. As mainly a Texas fan, I didn't have a dog in last night's fight, but it was one exciting game. I do commiserate with UConn fans. Your players were obviously not having their usual stellar night. I don't know how you've done what you've done without more size. You're going to be even scarier next year, especially with Stevens. MSU's main core will be back, too.

On the subject of y'all, I don't know what I'd do without that word. I've never really heard y'all used to address a single person, unless the speaker is suggesting that there might be other people involved, too. "All y'all" is common and is just emphasizing the speaker wants to be inclusive. Using it as a possessive is common, too, e.g. "Did y'all have y'all's worst game last night?" I love New England and would live there in a second -- the blueness, snow, the history, the architecture. But I would miss the word y'all.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
I grew up on the campus of MSU, that's right, Michigan State University. After yesterday's game, I have to admit there are now two MSUs in the nation, and no others!;)

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This board is so welcoming, and UConn fans so knowledgeable, that I really think of the BY as the national board. As mainly a Texas fan, I didn't have a dog in last night's fight, but it was one exciting game. I do commiserate with UConn fans. Your players were obviously not having their usual stellar night. I don't know how you've done what you've done without more size. You're going to be even scarier next year, especially with Stevens. MSU's main core will be back, too.

On the subject of y'all, I don't know what I'd do without that word. I've never really heard y'all used to address a single person, unless the speaker is suggesting that there might be other people involved, too. "All y'all" is common and is just emphasizing the speaker wants to be inclusive. Using it as a possessive is common, too, e.g. "Did y'all have y'all's worst game last night?" I love New England and would live there in a second -- the blueness, snow, the history, the architecture. But I would miss the word y'all.
You'd pick up "you guys" or "youse guys" (in New Jersey) pretty quick. Besides, we've got fresh lobster and the best pizza in the U.S.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom