Wow you guys are nice. | The Boneyard

Wow you guys are nice.

Reaction Score
As a State fan, I wanted to see what UConn fans were saying, and was really surprised. I guess I am accustomed to crazy SEC football fans. It makes me want to come visit Connecticut, maybe even move there.

On another note, y'all (southern coming out in me) had a great team this year for a rebuilding year. I'm pretty sure they will get on another roll of winning 100 games or more. Good luck next year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As a State fan, I wanted to see what UConn fans were saying, and was really surprised. I guess I am accustomed to crazy SEC football fans. It makes me want to come visit Connecticut, maybe even move there.

On another note, y'all (southern coming out in me) had a great team this year for a rebuilding year. I'm pretty sure they will get on another roll of winning 100 games or more. Good luck next year.
As a UConn fan, I say thank you for the comment. And as a Texan born and raised, I appreciate the y'all — one of the best and most functional words in our language!

If UConn had to lose, I'm almost happy it was Mississippi State. I've been a fan of Schaefer's since he turned the program around, and anyone out there who doesn't just fall in love with Morgan William needs to get their pulse checked.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Welcome. Thank you. Please stick around. MSU is going to be good for a while so hopefully this is the start of something good for WCBB.
I second this as well. And I really hope that Schaefer sticks around Starkville. People were speculating he might be offered the Florida job, for example, or bolt for some other high-price athletic department. But at this point, I just can't see him leaving before Morgan William's senior year. She's become a second daughter to him.

Reaction Score

Thank you State Fan... Why not offer congratulations on what was a fantastic performance..... your program is certainly to be congratulated..... yes, I think CT fans are of course very partisan like any other school, and bleed the school colors..... yet we appreciate when a good performance took us down.....

Your coach is a very good one.... Good luck tomorrow night.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Make no mistake about it, we're not happy. However, I recall a line from the movie: A league of their own. "There's no crying in Baseball". There's no crying in basketball either. We didn't play well enough to win. We had plenty of chances, but we just couldn't get it done. A tip o the turban to Vic Schaefer, his staff and the team. You guys got after it, and got it done. Good luck tomorrow afternoon in your quest for a national championship. UConn is down (for the moment), but not out. We'll be back!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

As others have said, stick around. We have South Carolina fans here Tennessee as well as, I believe, an Alabama and another State fan. Makes for some great conversations.

Reaction Score
I second this as well. And I really hope that Schaefer sticks around Starkville. People were speculating he might be offered the Florida job, for example, or bolt for some other high-price athletic department. But at this point, I just can't see him leaving before Morgan William's senior year. She's become a second daughter to him.
The speculation is he is waiting out Coach Blair at A&M since Coach Schaefer was an assistant under him and is a Texas boy himself so that all seems to make sense. Now that he is gaining traction at Miss St, leaving something he built is going to be that much harder to do, especially when he isn't exactly a young coach.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I say thank you for the comment. And as a Texan born and raised, I appreciate the y'all — one of the best and most functional words in our language!

If UConn had to lose, I'm almost happy it was Mississippi State. I've been a fan of Schaefer's since he turned the program around, and anyone out there who doesn't just fall in love with Morgan William needs to get their pulse checked.
I've had someone say "Y'all" to me when I was the only person in the room. Kinda weird to me! In a room with other people, I don't have much of an issue with it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

And I also would like to chime in with my thanks. I think most of us here at the BY appreciate effort and excellence and Schaefer's teams have shown that since his days at Texas A & M. We also appreciate what it takes to build a winning culture seemingly out of whole cloth. State's win couldn't happen to a nicer man than Schaefer and better group of young women who represent all that we here at the BY love about WCBB. Now make no mistake we have our bunch of crazies and whiners here too, but don't let that stop you from coming back whenever you get a hankerin'. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Thanks Statefan. I think the more you knock around these boards you'll see that the reason why we love our ladies is because of the passion and drive that fuels them every day. We appreciate the effort and work ethic they put into every day and their determination to be the best. They play together as a unit and not as individuals. I think it would be hard for anybody who watched the game last night not to have seen the same character and values in the Miss St. team. So while it stings us to see our team go down, it's really not a hard thing to do to tip our cap to the Bulldogs because that was all guts by them last night and they went all out for each other.

Good luck tomorrow! Hopefully see ya in the tourney next year ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Glad you stopped by! I'll be pulling for Vic, Itty Bitty and the whole crew on Sunday. A class act and a lot of heart were on full display last night. Kudos.

IMG_3696.JPG

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And I also would like to chime in with my thanks. I think most of us here at the BY appreciate effort and excellence and Schaefer's teams have shown that since his days at Texas A & M. We also appreciate what it takes to build a winning culture seemingly out of whole cloth. State's win couldn't happen to a nicer man than Schaefer and better group of young women who represent all that we here at the BY love about WCBB. Now make no mistake we have our bunch of crazies and whiners here too, but don't let that stop you from coming back whenever you get a hankerin'. Good luck.

Now make no mistake we have our bunch of crazies and whiners here too - Whaaaatttt?!? Really Jordy???? :eek:

Reaction Score

Welcome, and congrats on your win. I'll be rooting for you along with Dak tomorrow!

Reaction Score

Thanks for the compliment. I'll rreturn the favor by advising you to stay right where you are. Ct is the worst state to live in unless you like taxes. No redeeming features except the best WCBB in the country.
I left last year for some southern peace and comfort.:D

Reaction Score
I've had someone say "Y'all" to me when I was the only person in the room. Kinda weird to me! In a room with other people, I don't have much of an issue with it.
Iirc there are two pronunciations if important to distinguish singular from plural

Reaction Score
I have always thought that "Y'All" arises from the fact that in English "you"
can be either singular or plural. Rather like "youse" in Brooklynese might
be another attempt to distinguish singular from plural.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yet another distinguishing characteristic of the BY, where we dissect things like the proper usage and grammatical construction of our visitors' regional dialect at the drop of a hat - with a straight face !

:p:D:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Thanks State fan. We like to think that we're pretty willing to recognize and compliment other WBB programs. MS is any easy team to like. The athletes appear to be great people and the coach is a real gentleman. There's nothing but positive vibes coming from Starkville.

By the way is there a similar blog to the Boneyard for MS fans?

Reaction Score
Thanks State fan. We like to think that we're pretty willing to recognize and compliment other WBB programs. MS is any easy team to like. The athletes appear to be great people and the coach is a real gentleman. There's nothing but positive vibes coming from Starkville.

By the way is there a similar blog to the Boneyard for MS fans?

Yeah, it's Six Pack forums.sixpackspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Six-Pack-Speak-Presented-by-Bulldog-Sports-Radio. Pretty nice and welcoming, just don't call us Mississippi, we're Mississippi State. (University of Mississippi is Ole Miss, who most State fans, including myself, despise.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom