Wow you guys are nice. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wow you guys are nice.

Reaction Score
...On the subject of y'all, I don't know what I'd do without that word. I've never really heard y'all used to address a single person, unless the speaker is suggesting that there might be other people involved, too. "All y'all" is common and is just emphasizing the speaker wants to be inclusive. Using it as a possessive is common, too, e.g. "Did y'all have y'all's worst game last night?" I love New England and would live there in a second -- the blueness, snow, the history, the architecture. But I would miss the word y'all.
We have a comparable derivative. It's not too difficult to learn. It's "you all." Not as common as y'all in the south, but it works. Just don't use it down there where you are or you'll be forced to move up here where we are. :cool: :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Can you tell your fellow MSU fans that this game was not a top 10 all-time upset? I understand it was a top 5 game for MSU, but it is not a huge upset. MSU has been ranked highly all season, if I am correct.

As I said, I am glad to have our streak ended by the at least somewhat more humble people of Starksville, instead of Baylor, Notre Dame or other hotshot schools.

HGN

Reaction Score
As a State fan, I wanted to see what UConn fans were saying, and was really surprised. I guess I am accustomed to crazy SEC football fans. It makes me want to come visit Connecticut, maybe even move there.

On another note, y'all (southern coming out in me) had a great team this year for a rebuilding year. I'm pretty sure they will get on another roll of winning 100 games or more. Good luck next year.
We try to win with class......And though we don't lose that often , we lose with the same class and grace.

Good luck to you guys in the championship game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can you tell your fellow MSU fans that this game was not a top 10 all-time upset?
You can also choose to tell them nothing, especially this, which will certainly dampen their Joy.
@Butch is right this was not Top 10, it was Top 5- enjoy it.

Reaction Score
You can also choose to tell them nothing, especially this, which will certainly dampen their Joy.
@Butch is right this was not Top 10, it was Top 5- enjoy it.
They should be glad people acknowledge they have a formidable team. That's not dampening, it's called respect. I never said Mississippi State has no chance.

Ease down on trying to judge one's intents.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They should be glad people acknowledge they have a formidable team. That's not dampening, it's called respect. I never said Mississippi State has no chance.
Ease down on trying to judge one's intents.
I'm not judging your intent, that's impossible. I'd disagreeing with your words.

Can you tell your fellow MSU fans that this game was not a top 10 all-time upset?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
As a State fan, I wanted to see what UConn fans were saying, and was really surprised. I guess I am accustomed to crazy SEC football fans. It makes me want to come visit Connecticut, maybe even move there.

On another note, y'all (southern coming out in me) had a great team this year for a rebuilding year. I'm pretty sure they will get on another roll of winning 100 games or more. Good luck next year.
I love that coach and those girls! They better seal the deal!!!

Reaction Score

Thank you. Yeah we r super nice. We are gracious winners and losers. You guys played a great game and have a wonderful team and coach. Good luck later in the title game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We try to win with class.And though we don't lose that often , we lose with the same class and grace.
Thank you. Yeah we r super nice. We are gracious winners and losers.

dyyyy.jpg

Reaction Score
Thanks, rooting for ya'll against SC. Praise the Lord and go Dawgs.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

UConn fans are disappointed, to state the obvious, but we've had so much success it's hard to complain about losing one. Everybody is throwing their best at you every day, you can't win them all.

Miss St executed a great game play, pushed us around a little, kept us off balance, and won. Congrats, hope y'all beat the Gamecocks

Reaction Score
Great game Mississippi State! I'm definitely on your bandwagon tonight!

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

I'm a Missouri Tigers fan (luv Sophie) and am hoping we'll get you guys next season when you visit Columbia. Good luck today.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I lived in Alabama for several years...nuff said eh?.Not a fan

Reaction Score

Grew up in New England, went to high school with Geno, and have lived in 8 locations in US. UConn women's basketball fans are the best! Knowledgeable, quick witted, and (generally) balanced in their comments. Been a big basketball fan all my life and still learn things every time I log in.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Y
I've had someone say "Y'all" to me when I was the only person in the room. Kinda weird to me! In a room with other people, I don't have much of an issue with it.
Y'all can be used as singular. If addressing multiple people, it's "All y'all" :)

Reaction Score
This board is so welcoming, and UConn fans so knowledgeable, that I really think of the BY as the national board. As mainly a Texas fan, I didn't have a dog in last night's fight, but it was one exciting game. I do commiserate with UConn fans. Your players were obviously not having their usual stellar night. I don't know how you've done what you've done without more size. You're going to be even scarier next year, especially with Stevens. MSU's main core will be back, too.

On the subject of y'all, I don't know what I'd do without that word. I've never really heard y'all used to address a single person, unless the speaker is suggesting that there might be other people involved, too. "All y'all" is common and is just emphasizing the speaker wants to be inclusive. Using it as a possessive is common, too, e.g. "Did y'all have y'all's worst game last night?" I love New England and would live there in a second -- the blueness, snow, the history, the architecture. But I would miss the word y'all.

Reaction Score
For some reason the tickets I got from the NCAA site were in a Miss. St. section, so imagine two guys in blue surrounded by Bulldog fans. But the folks in that section (and really all the Bulldog fans we encountered) that we talked to were classy and they certainly had respect for our program. I hope they take it all tonight.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Mississippi State. Your team executed on both ends of the court and had an outstanding game plan. Vic is a class act and I admire how much he loves his players.

He's a class act along with your team. Best of luck in the NC game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom