WNBA draft, April 17 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

WNBA draft, April 17

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not to kick them when down but.....when was last time a Notre Dame player drafted?
Muffet-Animated.gif

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm a little disappointed that Crystal slipped to 16, but the team where she landed is more important than the draft order. The last 2 Huskies in Minnesota were both ROYs. Cheryl will know how to pull greatness out of Crystal. Lexie Brown is the only other PG on the team and she is more of a combo guard.

Megan went about where people thought, between 5 and 10. She goes to the Big Apple and will draw UConn fans. She gets to play with Kia Nurse again and Kiah Stokes. (BTW, Kiah has been working out like a fanatic and looks fantastic!) She'll be on a team with Sabrina, so she'll get the ball in her sweet spots. Excitement about a young team at the Barclay's Center.

Reaction Score
That is my question, no one from ND and Stanford and Miss State this year ...

Only one senior at State this year. Jordan Danberry. Most of the team will be sophomores and juniors this coming year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
3rd round and even some of the 2nd round is just taking flyers on players, kinda random. A few Pac 12 players that come to mind that weren't drafted. Minyon Moore is a really good defensive PG who can dish the ball. Chanelle Molina is a dynamic PG. Bobbi Hristova and Amber Melgoza can light it up. All are probably long shots, I'm sure they'll get invites to training camps.

Reaction Score
I'm a little disappointed that Crystal slipped to 16, but the team where she landed is more important than the draft order. The last 2 Huskies in Minnesota were both ROYs. Cheryl will know how to pull greatness out of Crystal. Lexie Brown is the only other PG on the team and she is more of a combo guard.

Megan went about where people thought, between 5 and 10. She goes to the Big Apple and will draw UConn fans. She gets to play with Kia Nurse again and Kiah Stokes. (BTW, Kiah has been working out like a fanatic and looks fantastic!) She'll be on a team with Sabrina, so she'll get the ball in her sweet spots. Excitement about a young team at the Barclay's Center.
You say Kiah looks great, maybe that’s why they drafted so many guards because they have faith in Kiah and Zahui B

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Leanona Odom. Where's @triaddukefan at?

I was out supporting my local cheesecake and burger joints..... guess I have some catching up to do. Got the alert on my phone.... misread the little logo and thought she had been picked by the Sparks... and I was happy. Looked a bit later and realized it was the liberty...... eh

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
think i might petition for a reinstatement of that dislike button :mad:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Willoughby is a good get for Phoenix. Under the radar because she was on a mediocre team, but she is a player and fills a position of need for them.

Liberty got Willoughby in a trade for Shatori . Hopkins liked her alot apparently.

Reaction Score
Willoughby traded to NY for Walker-Kimbrough

NY trades Erica Ogwumike to Minnesota for Stephanie Talbot

Reaction Score
Watching the replay of Sun, Mystics finals and saw Brionna Jones realized that her sister Stephanie didn’t get drafted

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hub and I were binging a little Shameless tonight to get away from all the headlines. Any surprises on who didn't get drafted at all?

Reaction Score
You say Kiah looks great, maybe that’s why they drafted so many guards because they have faith in Kiah and Zahui B

They also have Han who, admittedly, will be a work in progress but who also had some good moments last year.

Reaction Score
I have to admit, I know nothing about Willoughby. Can't say that I watched Virginia at all this last season. Led the ACC in scoring, that says something about her.
I’ve followed Willoughby for the past 4 years. She’s smart, tough, a leader and a great defender. Don’t think she’ll be a star in the W, but she’ll be good. Nice pickup for the Liberty.

Reaction Score
Megan replace Tina at the Liberty. Still got multiple UConn players....but there might be a trade.

Looks like Megan escaped a trade, at least so far; I couldn't be happier for her. I wonder what happens to Boyd (too many turnovers last years although a lot of assists) with so many guards on board? As far as replacing Tina, I think it's pretty clear with this draft that The Liberty are going in a different direction and that she would not have been in their long-term plans anyway. As far as size goes, they still have Amanda B., Stokes, and Han but this team will not be dependent on scoring from the post. Walker-Kimbrough and Taylor Hill already moved on a few hours ago, and the Liberty get Willougby in a trade. This season will be interesting once it gets underway.

Reaction Score
One question I have is if they aren't going to have a season, or one that's truncated, why have the draft now? Is there some union thing that requires them to hold a draft even if there is no season to be played?

Reaction Score
As a Louisville fan, I'm very pleasantly surprised by the Jones/Shook picks. I thought that the "expert" projections had them too low but didn't see them getting picked as high as they did.

Walz has quietly built a pretty good draft resume last few years - Hines-Allen in 2018, Durr, Fuehring and Carter in 2019 and now Jones and Shook.

Reaction Score
Typically how many people out of the 36 selected actually make a WNBA roster? Less than half? If that's the case why bother having 3 rounds. The NBA drafts only have 2 rounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom