Why UConn must beat South Carolina | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why UConn must beat South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a bunch of crepe hangers we have here! Dawn can say anything she wants, she played here, she played there, whatever. The only "must win" game is the next one in the NCAA tournament. Personally, I think there are more talented players coming out of HS each year than can fit on one college team. I would love it if there were a battle among several teams every year.

Geno has always said it's up to the other teams to elevate their games. Well, a few of them have, and we should relish it, not sweat it.

My question is: I know Carolina has length, do they have the speed and conditioning to keep up?

Sure there are a lot of talented kids. But if we get the number 1 high school players two years in a row or 3 of 4 years etc it is much harder to beat us, isn't it? One player affects the game in such a HUGE way in basketball. Give a college version of LeBron James or Michael Jordan - give them another number 1 ranked player and a strong supporting cast-- the team becomes all-time great which we have had the pleasure of watching for several years. If USC/Dawn beats us with an inferior team, imo she becomes more of a threat to consistently challenge us for those "LeBron James" recruits.

Reaction Score
I think people are assuming too much about South Carolina. They only have 4 Top 25 wins, and their out of conference schedule, besides Syracuse and Duke was lackluster at best. They have been good in SEC play, but haven't played any tough SEC teams on the road yet. I think that they could absolutely lose a number of games remaining on their schedule. I think they can go ahead and check UConn up as an L, and not a close one. I think LSU could test them in Round 2, Arkansas could also be tough. Additionally, I think my Lady Vols have a great chance to go get a win in Columbia, and their season finale in Kentucky will be tough as well. I think if they have 2 or more losses and they don't win the SEC Regular Season or Tournament, they don't get a 1 seed, and that is nowhere out of the question at this point.

Reaction Score
Also, interesting to think about: If South Carolina were to lose at Georgia before UConn, how much hype does this game lose?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think people are assuming too much about South Carolina. They only have 4 Top 25 wins, and their out of conference schedule, besides Syracuse and Duke was lackluster at best. They have been good in SEC play, but haven't played any tough SEC teams on the road yet. I think that they could absolutely lose a number of games remaining on their schedule. I think they can go ahead and check UConn up as an L, and not a close one. I think LSU could test them in Round 2, Arkansas could also be tough. Additionally, I think my Lady Vols have a great chance to go get a win in Columbia, and their season finale in Kentucky will be tough as well. I think if they have 2 or more losses and they don't win the SEC Regular Season or Tournament, they don't get a 1 seed, and that is nowhere out of the question at this point.
OMG don't even go there. I had a "debate" with a SC fan who went on and on and on and on... you get the point... arguing that SC's "creampuff" OOC schedule was no indication of how great they are, and moreover, they didn't play a "creampuff" schedule at all (last year). I don't think they had a single win over a top 10 team and lost in the sweet 16. Oy vey!

Reaction Score
Ease up folks.
Winning isn't everything; it's just way ahead of whatever's in second place.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UCONN will beat SC by 20 to 30 points. SC is overrated IMHO. Yes, they are a #1 seed but they will get exposed against UCONN. Of course, I also think TN will beat them too. Ha.
I think the LVs can beat anyone. It's just that you never quite know what you're going to get - the team that rolled A&M or the team that struggled with Auburn.

Reaction Score
I think the LVs can beat anyone. It's just that you never quite know what you're going to get - the team that rolled A&M or the team that struggled with Auburn.
true story. their consistency is the issue.

Reaction Score
Sure, they could beat us one time out of ten, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom