Why not the SEC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why not the SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm starting to get where Chief is coming from!! Count me in. Uconn would dominate in the SEC within 7 years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The real test for this would be to have someone post this on SEC school sites and observe the fans reactions. I nominate the guys suggesting this go on their sites and test the waters.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The real test for this would be to have someone post this on SEC school sites and observe the fans reactions. I nominate the guys suggesting this go on their sites and test the waters.

Southerns are proud of their BBQ and football.

And they hate Yankee football. Not with rivalry hate. With Civil War hate.

The SEC and B12 sniff around the Civil War border states like Missouri and West Virginia and Kansas like they are traitor states. Louisville gets the same treatment WVU and Missouri as a border state. Bleeding Kansas gets no respect. And they can't figure out how to get rid of Iowa State.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In summation, he who shall not be named believes....

1) UConn isn't worthy of the ACC
2) UConn can save the Big East
3) UConn isn't worthy of Conference USA
4) UConn is worthy of the SEC.

This reminds me of...

What Happen?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the SEC were 100% focused on quality, they would have added Oklahoma and FSU. They didn't.

Reaction Score
This is out there, but maybe instead of UConn joining the SEC, FL, Alabama, Tenn, ND, USC, Texas, Michigan and UConn could start a conference. Start small and then see about adding Ohio State, maybe UMass.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is out there, but maybe instead of UConn joining the SEC, FL, Alabama, Tenn, ND, USC, Texas, Michigan and UConn could start a conference. Start small and then see about adding Ohio State, maybe UMass.

Pfff. Notre Dame is irrelevant. Why waste a slot on them.

Reaction Score
Since I live in SEC headquarters let me add a couple of comments to this thread. I did not read all of the posts so let me appoligize if this is repetative

1. Most SEC fans barely acknowledge that UConn plays football at a serious level. BB yes but not football.
2. The SEC recognizes that there are not a lot of large TV markets in its footprint. It knows however that member schools dominate the sport scene in the markets. It understands that overwhelming share of medium markets combined with nationallly followed schools is a winning combination. A school in a large market which is the fourth or fifth sport fan choice is of no interest.

Reaction Score
3) The SEC has plenty of great programs.

Right, so it's time for them to go in a different direction.

This is akin to, "I have lots of supermodels waiting to go out with me, but naahh, that's gotten boring."

I'm sure the SEC has been thinking, "You know what we need? More Vanderbilts in our conference!"

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone honestly thinks we'll be in the SEC or CAA before the ACC or CUSA.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone honestly thinks we'll be in the SEC or CAA before the ACC or CUSA.

I am still wrapping my head why a poster would make the same lame mischaracterization over and over and over. You could hold a clinic in tedium.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Right, so it's time for them to go in a different direction.

This is akin to, "I have lots of supermodels waiting to go out with me, but naahh, that's gotten boring."

I'm sure the SEC has been thinking, "You know what we need? More Vanderbilts in our conference!"

It's akin to having a bunch of hot skinny girls waiting to go out with you, but deciding you would like a few women with big cans around too.

If the SEC wanted FSU and Oklahoma, they would have FSU and Oklahoma. They have been crystal clear in what they are looking for. Only the densest are choosing to ignore it.

Reaction Score
I am still wrapping my head why a poster would make the same lame mischaracterization over and over and over. You could hold a clinic in tedium.
I sincerely apologize for holding you accountable for what you write. I'll try to remember in the future that you don't really believe half of what you write either.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I sincerely apologize for holding you accountable for what you write. I'll try to remember in the future that you don't really believe half of what you write either.

I sincerely apologize to everyone on the board for my stalker cluttering it with his nonsense.

Reaction Score
I sincerely apologize to everyone on the board for my stalker cluttering it with his nonsense.
No need for an apology. His posts are at least as credible as yours. If you are going to continue to post boutique reallignment suggestions then expect to catch some flack. As far as the SEC as a possible option for Uconn, nobody at any school, conference or the media has given even the slightest indication that it is a possibilty. You are on an island with that one.
This is only a message board where nobody has to back up their posts with facts so keep your posts coming but don't get offended when you get a few eggs get tossed your way.

Reaction Score
On top of everything else, let's not forget about the weather. The idea of playing in Missouri in the late autumn must be filling some of the SEC schools with a sort of gibbering horror already. Hartford's average temperature in Nov/Dec is about three degrees colder than that, even.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On top of everything else, let's not forget about the weather. The idea of playing in Missouri in the late autumn must be filling some of the SEC schools with a sort of gibbering horror already. Hartford's average temperature in Nov/Dec is about three degrees colder than that, even.

Not a big deal, they'll just stuff their uniforms full of cash for insulation.

Reaction Score
Some people get attention from their family, friends co-workers, etc.

People who lack such attention will post on forums trying to get any response they can.

If they get a response, negative or positive, their needs are now met. Negative responses can be like Christmas for some.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No need for an apology. His posts are at least as credible as yours. If you are going to continue to post boutique reallignment suggestions then expect to catch some flack. As far as the SEC as a possible option for Uconn, nobody at any school, conference or the media has given even the slightest indication that it is a possibilty. You are on an island with that one.
This is only a message board where nobody has to back up their posts with facts so keep your posts coming but don't get offended when you get a few eggs get tossed your way.

Fire away at anything I post. Attacking the message and stalking the messenger are two very different things.

Reaction Score
They have been crystal clear in what they are looking for. Only the densest are choosing to ignore it.

They've been crystal clear that they are looking for UConn?

Link?

Reaction Score
If the SEC were 100% focused on quality, they would have added Oklahoma and FSU. They didn't.

We don't know if they contacted FSU or not. So I am not sure about the merit of your point.

I could just as easily argue another avenue. My guess is they did contact every team they were interested in including ACC members. My guess is FSU was not interested. It has been rumored that Jimbo Fisher wants no part of the SEC. That actually makes sense. Furthermore, it has been rumored the FSU President has told his AD he does not even want to try and sell a move to the SEC from the ACC to his faculty. Set all that aside, it is pure speculation that the SEC did or did not pursue FSU.

Reaction Score
Well they voted for Missouri, what does Missouri have that UCONN doesn't have? Certainly not a great football program.

Missouri Football: Last 4 years, 40-14, 3 top 20 BCS finishes. Ranked last 3 of 4 years. Football facility seats 71,000. Coach signed to long term deal, makes base of $2.3 million. Assistant coaches pool is $2.2 million. Coach, a Don James disciple, turned down Washington to stay.

Uconn Football: Last 4 years 33-19, no BCS finishes. Never finished ranked. Football facility seats 40,0000. Coach left to Maryland. New Coach makes $1.5 million. What do we pay assistants?

Tv Markets: MO also has 5.9 million population vs CT of 3.6 million. MO population is growing at twice the rate of CT the past ten years. MO is getting younger, CT older.

Geography: Missouri connects to Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas. While Missouri is not the south it is a border state.

Basketball: Uconn is better. No comparison (better coach, better program, better history), but even there Missouri does have a $75 million on campus arena that is state of the art seating 15,000 with luxury boxes and the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom