Why did Griner play 34 minutes in a total rout? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why did Griner play 34 minutes in a total rout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
No one is accusing of having an overblown killer instinct. She is dominant of those who do not have the ability to fight back. Truly heroic competitors bring out their best against the best.

So Notre Dame and UConn didn't have the ability to "fight back."

I don't care if it's apples, oranges, pizza or chocolate: it's obvious some are willing to treat Uconn players differently than the players on other teams. I don't mind a double standard - just admit it. As in, admit you had not being the "top dog" and are acting exactly as others have treated Uconn in the past... :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So Notre Dame and UConn didn't have the ability to "fight back."

I don't care if it's apples, oranges, pizza or chocolate: it's obvious some are willing to treat Uconn players differently than the players on other teams. I don't mind a double standard - just admit it. As in, admit you had not being the "top dog" and are acting exactly as others have treated Uconn in the past... :)

I would say the exact same thing about a UConn player. Remember I am one who has posted give UConn the toughest path to the NC through ND and Baylor and let us beat them head to head. I do not think that one's true meddle is measured by easy conquests over lesser competition.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm confused. Are you talking about Dolson?
Dolson approaches every game the same way. Go out play hard and compete. Griner has not.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Dolson approaches every game the same way. Go out play hard and compete. Griner has not.

Yet when she does she gets ripped for beating up poor little FSU. Go figure.

Reaction Score
I really dislike halftime tweets!

I think part of why Kim is playing her is for the scoring record.
If that's the reason, I say play her 40 minutes. She deserves it and her coach should give her the opportunity to set the record. I would do it if it wasn't going to hurt the team's chances of winning the N.C. by tiring her out. And if other coaches complain, tell them to go pound sand.

Kelly Faris is Superwoman in disguise!!

Reaction Score
I would say the exact same thing about a UConn player. Remember I am one who has posted give UConn the toughest path to the NC through ND and Baylor and let us beat them head to head. I do not think that one's true meddle is measured by easy conquests over lesser competition.
Amen....amen....amen. I couldn't agree with you more. I would have felt cheated if UCONN's path to the N.C. didn't go through N.D. and Baylor. Sure hope neither one loses before we get a chance to play them.

Kelly Faris is Superwoman in disguise!!

Reaction Score
Now you are just being silly. Griner has never been criticized for not playing hard or not competing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Now you are just being silly. Griner has never been criticized for not playing hard or not competing.
It has been a knock on her for years.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It
has been a knock on her for years.

Maybe you can cite the most recent occurrence?

And wasn't that a knock on Tina Charlez at one time? At this point you are just grasping for reasons to criticize her and it looks foolish.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe you can cite the most recent occurrence?

And wasn't that a knock on Tina Charlez at one time? At this point you are just grasping for reasons to criticize her and it looks foolish.
Yes, it was the knock on Charles and it was true. Then it changed. I still saw BG take possessions off in the UConn game this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The bickering returns :-(

Can we please get back to discussing basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom