Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
From the way the Orange Bowl is going including the 93 yard touchdown pass they just gave up, DC Don Brown from Michigan might be available soon......

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
From the way the Orange Bowl is going including the 93 yard touchdown pass they just gave up, DC Don Brown from Michigan might be available soon.

There is a better chance of Diaco being our DC in '17 than there is of Don Brown. If you remember, Don Brown left MD as soon as Edsall arrived, and Edsall told the media it was because Don Browns teenage daughter was pregnant.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
There is a better chance of Diaco being our DC in '17 than there is of Don Brown. If you remember, Don Brown left MD as soon as Edsall arrived, and Edsall told the media it was because Don Browns teenage daughter was pregnant.
What?!? Haha.... I'd only take Diaco back as DC if he was forced to wear a dunce cap at all times, stayed up in the booth only, and vowed never to 1. speak to the media again and 2. wear red pants. Other than that he'd prob make an OK DC.

Reaction Score
Edsall's son, per his contract, cannot be under Randy's control (meaning Randy cannot be his direct supervisor).
Per Matt from www.thisisuconcountry.com :
Part of Randy Edsalls contract indicates an employment offer will be made to Edsalls son who is on the Colorado staff

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but Edsall has a whole pedigree of assistants that have gone on to bigger and better things then when they were at UConn, Orlando, Moorhead, Ambrose, just to name a few so as long as UConn is willing to pay what it takes - I'm sure he will bring in some competent people. He understands what needs to happen to get it done. If you recall one of his biggest frustrations before he left was getting the administration to pony up and pay his assistants enough to keep them around. I think we are past that now - but who knows.

BTW, DB pulled off some creative accounting to lessen the $5 million hit they were facing by waiting to Jan. 2nd and by getting Edsall at 1 million per year for the next 5. Diaco was owed 7.8 million the next 4 years minus the $4 million you have to pay Edsall that's an additional 2.8 million dollar savings, effectively making Diaco's $5 million dollar buyout only $600,000. Not a bad move, and he probably had to come up with that type of plan to get the higher ups to sign off on it. Overall a good job considering the position he was in.

this assumes Randy does not earn any of the incentives in his contract

Reaction Score
Doesn't say he will be on the coaching staff. I saw and read the contract. I get it.
So it wouldn't surprise me if he ends on the staff though. It actually would make sense, no if he did, no?

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Wonde what the Shermanator is doing? Definition of UConn tough, NFL experience. Coach running backs?

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Not suggesting all coaching positions, but maybe mix some in. Accelerates the winning culture. These guys bring NFL experience. KFree and Ricky do not

Reaction Score
We cannot fill an entire staff of former players, guys. It's the very thing everyone on the MBB board is complaining about

Exactly. Don't want a group that's too homogenous

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I posted in another thread but I'd like to see him give a call to Rick Neuheisel the former Colorado and UCLA coach who was also an NFL OC. He was a QB and knows the pro style offense. He hasn't coached in 5 years and is currently a college analyst for CBS. He's 55 and maybe interested in coaching again. He was a dynamic offensive coach but really a West Coast guy so not sure he'd want to come East.
Don't know if it's possible but Neuheisel would be a good get in a couple of respects; well known enough that he'd probably help with recruiting playmakers.

Reaction Score
If I was a betting man... I may bet the spare bedroom over the garage (but not the whole house) on it being Dave Wilczewski. Wilczewski served w/ Edsall as Recruiting Assistant @Uconn from 2008-2013 then went to Maryland (now Dir. of Football Recruiting Ops) and has an MBA.
Ha, pretty sure he and I lived on the same floor/dorm freshman year.

Reaction Score
Really? I saw a reddit account with the same name and had no idea it was Aman. I wonder why they rebranded
He oversees The UConn Blog. Did they merge with TOS also?

Reaction Score
The entire contract is floating around online, it notes that Edsall's son cannot hold a position where his father is his boss pursuant to University Rules. His position will be one where he reports to the athletic director. Dont know what that is, but he will not be on Dad's staff.
Yup but it clearly states he can get offered a job here... "...in the Division of Ahletics"

Attachments

• IMG_20161231_141604.jpg
    IMG_20161231_141604.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads