Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know if it's possible but Neuheisel would be a good get in a couple of respects; well known enough that he'd probably help with recruiting playmakers.

Highly doubt Rick would take an assistant job here unless he has a previous relationship with RE. No doubt a fine OC and QB Coach choice but he values his lifestyle and relationship with his kids too much to ssttle for tbis non-P5 rebuild far from bome. He was a HC at the top level so don't see it.

Reaction Score
Highly doubt Rick would take an assistant job here unless he has a previous relationship with RE. No doubt a fine OC and QB Coach choice but he values his lifestyle and relationship with his kids too much to ssttle for tbis non-P5 rebuild far from bome. He was a HC at the top level so don't see it.
He lives in Manhattan now. He talks about walking to the Sirius/XM studio on his show all the time.

Reaction Score
The entire contract is floating around online, it notes that Edsall's son cannot hold a position where his father is his boss pursuant to University Rules. His position will be one where he reports to the athletic director. Dont know what that is, but he will not be on Dad's staff.
I was trying to explain this to someone else in a separate thread yesterday but they were adamant he would be a coach. I don't how that would be possible.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was trying to explain this to someone else in a separate thread yesterday but they were adamant he would be a coach. I don't how that would be possible.

I don't know UConn's policy but I have been in organizations where you have an administrative boss and an operational boss. I read the UConn policy to mean that Randy can't control his pay and his son would have an outside line of communication to prevent nepotism or undue influence from Randy. It seemed more like a CYA paragraph to make sure there is a legal path to mitigate negatives from a father/son boss/subordinate employment situation.

Reaction Score
I'm a little bit surprised we haven't heard much of anything on the assistant coach front. No rumors, nothing. I kind of thought this process had begun a few weeks ago based on how quickly the situation unfolded, leading me to believe Edsall had some time to put a staff together. I guess we'll know in due time, just a little anxious over here.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A couple coaching/grad assistants filled by former Huskies is one thing but coordinators & position coaches will hopefully be filled by experienced coaches with proven tack records of recruiting the North and East, not just the North East but the North and the East parts of the U.S.

Reaction Score
Indiana just canned OC Kevin John's who called the plays to former Husky QB Richard Lagow. Could he be a potential fit here?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Marcus Easly as receivers coach?

He's still on an NFL team as well.. granted PUP... but he probably could play another year or two on ST for the Bills.

It's funny that every single player you've mentioned is actually still in the NFL. :p

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's still on an NFL team as well.. granted PUP... but he probably could play another year or two on ST for the Bills.

It's funny that every single player you've mentioned is actually still in the NFL. :p
Read: No coaching experience.

Reaction Score
This may have been posted elsewhere (hard to keep track), but I would like to see HCRE offer the DC position to Al Golden, his coaching mate in Detroit.

Reaction Score
The lack of rumors/leaks on staff choices is getting to the point of being strange. Means two things for me:

1) We have fallen so far as a program that we don't even warrant the typical media throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks
2) Makes me worry that the choices that were made are so under the radar that their moving around in the national coaching landscape doesn't even cause a blip on the radar.

I am not as concerned with #2 on the defensive end, but on the offense we NEED to shake things up to get attractive recruits in the door. If Randy brings in some low level yes man to run the offense, we are in for a longer rebuild than we thought. At this point if you are a high level G5 WR/QB recruit, why would you not go to Toledo, Tulsa or Western Michigan where you can actually show off your skill set? UConn has the built in national brand advantage and NFL legacy, but at the end of the day the kids still want to show off what they can do.

Reaction Score
The lack of rumors/leaks on staff choices is getting to the point of being strange. Means two things for me:

1) We have fallen so far as a program that we don't even warrant the typical media throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks
2) Makes me worry that the choices that were made are so under the radar that their moving around in the national coaching landscape doesn't even cause a blip on the radar.

I am not as concerned with #2 on the defensive end, but on the offense we NEED to shake things up to get attractive recruits in the door. If Randy brings in some low level yes man to run the offense, we are in for a longer rebuild than we thought. At this point if you are a high level G5 WR/QB recruit, why would you not go to Toledo, Tulsa or Western Michigan where you can actually show off your skill set? UConn has the built in national brand advantage and NFL legacy, but at the end of the day the kids still want to show off what they can do.

I don't think kids commit due to coordinators except on the absolute margin, because if a coordinator is any good he moves on even faster than head coaches do.

Reaction Score
Here's a name to throw out there... Some may not like him but when he was on our staff, our offense produced.. Norries Wilson..

Reaction Score
I don't think kids commit due to coordinators except on the absolute margin, because if a coordinator is any good he moves on even faster than head coaches do.

Coordinators and Position coaches are extremely important for recruiting. A lot of kids commit based on their position coaches

Reaction Score
Coordinators and Position coaches are extremely important for recruiting. A lot of kids commit based on their position coaches

I agree on the position coaches. Those are the guys you live with day to day.

Reaction Score

At the least, I do think kids commit to an offensive identity (Oregon, Boise State, Houston, Oklahoma State). Kids who commit to those schools know that regardless of who the coordinator is, the head coach or series of head coaches has shown he's committed to an aggressive offense that won't sit on their hands. We have an opportunity to change our identity from ball control to aggressive, and I think it is necessary if we want to take that next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom