Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was probably easy to do. Diaco spends most of his day planning out breakfast and arranging the snacks in the player lounge.
That's his morning duties. In the afternoon he was picking out new paint colors for the visiting team locker room.

Reaction Score
Since Randy's first day is technically Jan. 2nd, and Diaco's last day is the same. Do you think there will be any awkward meetings in the hallways of the Burton between Diaco and RE in the coming days?? LOL
Clearly you have never been on either side of being fired/laid off. There is really only one way to do this.

If he did not come in over the past two days in a pee-arranged and very non-public visit with an observer/security to remove his things, all of Diaco's personal belongings were carefully boxed up for him and shipped to his house. The locks/access codes for him have been revoked. Same with all of the other coaches. Player files, his evaluations, game film, etc. are all property of the University. None of the coaches will have the opportunity to remove anything remotely considered to be university property.

Reaction Score
I posted in another thread but I'd like to see him give a call to Rick Neuheisel the former Colorado and UCLA coach who was also an NFL OC. He was a QB and knows the pro style offense. He hasn't coached in 5 years and is currently a college analyst for CBS. He's 55 and maybe interested in coaching again. He was a dynamic offensive coach but really a West Coast guy so not sure he'd want to come East.
Doesn't Neuheisel. currently have a radio show on College XM??

Reaction Score
Would think, at a minimum, several assistant coaches would be retained especially for recruiting .
Hello, young potential recruit, my name is Vincent " the executioner" Brown with the UCONN HUSKIES.
In a former life, I played linebacker with the New England Patriots .

Reaction Score
Would think, at a minimum, several assistant coaches would be retained especially for recruiting .
Hello, young potential recruit, my name is Vincent " the executioner" Brown with the UCONN HUSKIES.

not sure how legit.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

That pitch hasn't worked so far. Why would it start working now?

Reaction Score

Undertaker.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Offensive Coordinator: Does career 2nd string qb in more than a decade of service in the NFL supercede "3 years of experience as an o.c. at the collegiate or NFL level"? :cool:
QB Coach at best.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As of 12/27/16 he's still back up QB to Matthew Stafford in Detroit
Detroit Lions | Depth Chart
He's a free agent next year, but I could easily see him re-upping with the Lions, assuming Caldwell still has a job. If the Lions lose on Sunday, they don't make the playoffs.

Reaction Score
So that means the Storrs South "report" was false and some of the assistants will be retained?

Please no Cummings, please no Cummings, please no Cummings...

They might have all been let go but have the opportunity to be rehired if there is a mutual fit. Its normal to have some from the previous regime return to help ease the transition.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't be the end of the world for one or two specific position coaches or behind the scenes staffers to hang around to provide a small level of continuity for the team. Some on Twitter have suggested Erik Campbell stay on as WR coach. Certainly our receivers did a pretty good job last year given the hand they were dealt so I'd be on board with that. That said, OC, DC, special teams, recruiting, QB coach, OL coach, DL coach - just about everybody needs to be replaced. Our coaching staff at nearly every position was poor and needs to be replaced. Randy needs to insert his guys and his program into this team in order to maximize his chance at turning the ship around.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be the end of the world for one or two specific position coaches or behind the scenes staffers to hang around to provide a small level of continuity for the team. Some on Twitter have suggested Erik Campbell stay on as WR coach. Certainly our receivers did a pretty good job last year given the hand they were dealt so I'd be on board with that. That said, OC, DC, special teams, recruiting, QB coach, OL coach, DL coach - just about everybody needs to be replaced. Our coaching staff at nearly every position was poor and needs to be replaced. Randy needs to insert his guys and his program into this team in order to maximize his chance at turning the ship around.

I hope that his one year in a non-coaching NFL environment opened his eyes on how to build a staff and assign individual accountability within a staff.

College coaches tend to be more authoritarian than NFL coaches but even the best college coaches have strong independent coordinators.

You have to believe most of the administrative staff gets held over.

Reaction Score
I hope that his one year in a non-coaching NFL environment opened his eyes on how to build a staff and assign individual accountability within a staff.

College coaches tend to be more authoritarian than NFL coaches but even the best college coaches have strong independent coordinators.

You have to believe most of the administrative staff gets held over.
Good point. I would hope, RE being a defensive guy, he'd give a lot of freedom to his OC to act as he sees fit. But at the same time, RE is also competent and experienced enough as a head coach to know that he has to stay on top of the offensive side of the ball so he knows not to go for it on 4th and 12 from the 13 in the second quarter.

Reaction Score
Believe it is common thing to interview former staff even if formality. Doubt he keeps no more than one or two (Campbell from offense and maybe one on defense). Actually probably more of an opportunity for Edsall to pick their brains and get information on returning players from respective position coaches.

Reaction Score
  1. ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 25m25 minutes ago
    Part of Randy Edsalls contract indicates an employment offer will be made to Edsalls son who is on the Colorado staff
The entire contract is floating around online, it notes that Edsall's son cannot hold a position where his father is his boss pursuant to University Rules. His position will be one where he reports to the athletic director. Dont know what that is, but he will not be on Dad's staff.

Reaction Score
The entire contract is floating around online, it notes that Edsall's son cannot hold a position where his father is his boss pursuant to University Rules. His position will be one where he reports to the athletic director. Dont know what that is, but he will not be on Dad's staff.
Maybe DFO or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman