Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who is Randy's coaching staff? Jan 12 is coming fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Offensive Coordinator:

Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications
Three years of experience as an offensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 4, 2017.

Defensive Coordinator:

Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications
Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 4, 2017.
Identical qualifications

Reaction Score
Three years experience as the preferred qualifications for both coordinators.

Sounds like both are pretty young to me...a good sign?

Reaction Score
Offensive Coordinator: Does career 2nd string qb in more than a decade of service in the NFL supercede "3 years of experience as an o.c. at the collegiate or NFL level"? :cool:

Reaction Score
Offensive Coordinator: Does career 2nd string qb in more than a decade of service in the NFL supercede "3 years of experience as an o.c. at the collegiate or NFL level"? :cool:

Dan O is not qualified to be an OC but I see him as a QB coach in the not so distant future. Hopefully at UConn. Obviously he and Randy have been communicating quite a bit, both being at Detroit.

Reaction Score
I'm telling you right now when he was here he couldn't stop the spread. ANY spread team would have given him trouble....just like any team with a running QB. Trust me I have sat in my seat at the Rent for 13 seasons I know what I saw and what gave him troubles. It followed him to MD too. If he makes right DC hire and realizes he will face that offense pretty much every week he will do ok..he stays stubborn he will be in for some rough rides.

Totally agree

Reaction Score
Pro Forma ...

I am not saying that the perception isn't reality; but the contracts of Assistants are pretty specific in timing and tied to HC. You might just totally relieve the entire staffing ... and have the ability to pull a few back for interviews. As I recall ... both PP and Diaco did that.

Reaction Score
Sorry SportsArt- gotta do another thread- mostly to have fun with the haters and those who wouldn't mind him back but just in case lightening strikes twice- who is on the Coaching staff?

Do we see a return of Hank Hughes as D Line coach? Would you want Mike Foley to be O Line coach? Jon Wholley to be O Coordinator? Terry Richardson RB coach? Corey Edsall as WR coach? Lyndon Johnson? Todd Fitch?

Or do you see a whole new crew of guys from the NFL and or Maryland?

Not for nothing, but Edsall has a whole pedigree of assistants that have gone on to bigger and better things then when they were at UConn, Orlando, Moorhead, Ambrose, just to name a few so as long as UConn is willing to pay what it takes - I'm sure he will bring in some competent people. He understands what needs to happen to get it done. If you recall one of his biggest frustrations before he left was getting the administration to pony up and pay his assistants enough to keep them around. I think we are past that now - but who knows.

BTW, DB pulled off some creative accounting to lessen the $5 million hit they were facing by waiting to Jan. 2nd and by getting Edsall at 1 million per year for the next 5. Diaco was owed 7.8 million the next 4 years minus the $4 million you have to pay Edsall that's an additional 2.8 million dollar savings, effectively making Diaco's $5 million dollar buyout only $600,000. Not a bad move, and he probably had to come up with that type of plan to get the higher ups to sign off on it. Overall a good job considering the position he was in.

Reaction Score
I think we could see Campbell and/or Poindexter kept on in some capacity. Wouldn't surprise me. Probably no one else though.

Reaction Score
I think we could see Campbell and/or Poindexter kept on in some capacity. Wouldn't surprise me. Probably no one else though.

I dont know what was so good about P'dexter that would warrant a return here.
His Defense was repeatedly burned and very badly burned at that. I gotta think that we can do better, a lot better.

Campbell - maybe but only if a better option isnt available.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pro Forma ...

I am not saying that the perception isn't reality; but the contracts of Assistants are pretty specific in timing and tied to HC. You might just totally relieve the entire staffing ... and have the ability to pull a few back for interviews. As I recall ... both PP and Diaco did that.
Pudge P kept the staff that stayed...those that left he filled with his own guys. Now I know that hathaway told one of them that he could force P to keep him for one year if he didn't find a job but since they had a year to date contract that was all he could do for him. Diaco met with them all and only kept Foley.

Reaction Score
I dont know what was so good about P'dexter that would watrant a return here.
His Defense was repeatedly burned and very badly burned at that. I gotta think that we can do better, a lot better.

Campbell - maybe but only if a better option isnt available.

We don't really know if the defense was a product of Diaco or Dex.

Reaction Score
Knowing full well I'm going to get heckled as I should for even mentioning it, someone else will bring this name up eventually:

Kevin Gilbride for OC.

He's in retirement in Rhode Island, and who knows, he might be bored out of his mind, and this is somewhat local to his family.

Coughlin coaching tree with edsall, worked with edsall in the 90s @ Jacksonville, etc.

Reaction Score
Knowing full well I'm going to get heckled as I should for even mentioning it, someone else will bring this name up eventually:

Kevin Gilbride for OC.

He's in retirement in Rhode Island, and who knows, he might be bored out of his mind, and this is somewhat local to his family.

Coughlin coaching tree with edsall, worked with edsall in the 90s @ Jacksonville, etc.

This is creative and out of the box thinking and worthy of consideration. Certainly has bonafides and credentials. I dont know if he is a passing guy - please educate me.

Reaction Score
We don't really know if the defense was a product of Diaco or Dex.

Ok. I guess thats fair. If it wasn't his defense then he should have spoken up and made more of a stand because the defense that we put out there was not good.

I gotta think P'Dexter will not be back. HCRE is a defense guy and will have his own guy in place.

Reaction Score
Dan O is not qualified to be an OC but I see him as a QB coach in the not so distant future. Hopefully at UConn. Obviously he and Randy have been communicating quite a bit, both being at Detroit.

Yes, your first job coaching will not be as an OC. But I would not be at all surprised if Dan O was brought in as a QB coach when he's done in Detroit.

Reaction Score
Ok. I guess thats fair. If it wasn't his defense then he should have spoken up and made more of a stand because the defense that we put out there was not good.

I gotta think P'Dexter will not be back. HCRE is a defense guy and will have his own guy in place.

DB coach then possibly? Someone with his accomplishments deserves at least an interview.

Reaction Score
I also hope he's learned about hiring a DC who can defend the spread and let's him do his thing. My memories are very vivid of Rich Rod making him his b**ch game after game. And with 90% of the teams in this league running the spread hang on if he is the same old Randy.

The best of the WVu teams we couldn't stop, with Pat White, I remind you that no one could stop. Just ask Georgia and Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
The best of the WVu teams we couldn't stop, with Pat White, I remind you that no one could stop. Just ask Georgia and Oklahoma.
Oh I know...we also couldn't stop Denard "Shoelace" Robinson and Michigan in Ann Arbor either...the only good experience about that game for me aside form seeing a game there and taking it of my bucket list was tailgating on their golf course. Sitting there in a seat that was about 15" tops and hearing their band play that dumb song over and over again in that 30-10 loss really sucked!

Reaction Score
Only way Edsall comes back is as a spectator. Benedict can't afford to alienate most of the fan base that's left.

Sorry you post doesn't make any sense to me at all, but maybe I am missing something. Can you elaborate on your view that Edsall only coming back as a spectator.

Reaction Score
Yes, your first job coaching will not be as an OC. But I would not be at all surprised if Dan O was brought in as a QB coach when he's done in Detroit.

If I read things correctly, Dan O is an unrestricted free agent (UFA) RIGHT NOW!! Come home Danny boy, come home!

Dan Orlovsky

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Ga won the sec and then gave up 400 yards on the ground to WV

It was 28 to zip at the end of q1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member