Who is back next year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who is back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Win shares are additive, you ninny - if you play more, you earn more.

So what you want is winshares/40. He produced 1.5 ws/40 as a freshman, and 1.96 ws/40 as a junior. That's a 30% improvement.

Thanks for making my point for me, though.
The eye test tells you that AB is about the same player he was as a freshman. Look at his stats from his Freshman to Junior year. If you really want to compare stats you can say he regressed from last year as his scoring and blocks dipped and only his rebounding was a little higher. I know he played a little less minutes but he hasn't really improved much. Just a little bit better rebounder but now worst on offense if that is possible. LOL!

Did he even make one hook shot this year which he had done in past years. His post moves got weaker if that was possible.

Reaction Score
So going into his freshman year, you had some sort of expectation for what a top 300 recruit would be at the end of his junior year? Lol.

So going into his freshman year, you think he got a scholarship because of what he was at the time and not because of possible developmental projectability? Lol.

I'm sure when Matrim says that he expects a leap from Enoch, he's thinking more improvement than what AB has had in his 3 years.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Going by that logic (and not even asking you to answer everything you ignored in my post) he had .191 WS/40 last year compared to .196 this year. Improvement!
Considering that he played half this season with a broken finger, and that his stats from last year were greatly inflated by the Coppin State game (no equivalent this year)... yes, improvement.

I ignored the rest of the stuff in your post because it was stupid - PER is for simpletons, and block % is strongly tied to rebound rate. You wouldn't know that, though, because you do not understand basketball.

Reaction Score
Very, very small chance of that happening.

Folks are sleeping on Enoch, fwiw. I expect a big jump from him next year in terms of defensive awareness and understanding. Hopefully he becomes a better rebounder as well.
Glad he got floor time this Tourney. He played against some 'great' big man talent. Gives him a better idea on what he needs to do off season. Very valuable experience.

Reaction Score
Considering that he played half this season with a broken finger, and that his stats from last year were greatly inflated by the Coppin State game (no equivalent this year)... yes, improvement.

I ignored the rest of the stuff in your post because it was stupid - PER is for simpletons, and block % is strongly tied to rebound rate. You wouldn't know that, though, because you do not understand basketball.
So now you are making excuses why he wasn't better his Jr. year than his So. year. Please, the year before it was he didn't have a real off season but now when he did have one you want to use these excuses.

Yes, he helps the defense at times but he is such a liability on the other side of the ball its not even funny.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
So now you are making excuses why he wasn't better his Jr. year than his So. year. Please, the year before it was he didn't have a real off season but now when he did have one you want to use these excuses.

Yes, he helps the defense at times but he is such a liability on the other side of the ball its not even funny.
And yet our offense improved once he returned from his broken finger...

Nobody's saying Amida is without flaws, and I wince any time we try to feed him in the post. I'd honestly rather have him pick-and-pop for 14 footers. But you guys who insist he hasn't improved are bonkers, and no longer worth engaging with.

Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Glad he got floor time this Tourney. He played against some 'great' big man talent. Gives him a better idea on what he needs to do off season. Very valuable experience.
Yeah, he got a preview of playing in Europe as that is were he is destined to play. Love AB's attitude but he just isn't strong enough player to go against the big boys. He gets pushed around like a rag doll.

Reaction Score
So going into his freshman year, you think he got a scholarship because of what he was at the time and not because of possible developmental projectability? Lol.

I'm sure when Matrim says that he expects a leap from Enoch, he's thinking more improvement than what AB has had in his 3 years.
Sorry you can't see he's obviously improved.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Yeah, he got a preview of playing in Europe as that is were he is destined to play. Love AB's attitude but he just isn't strong enough player to go against the big boys. He gets pushed around like a rag doll.
I mean, you can't even be bothered to read the thread and understand who each post is about.

You're utterly miserable.

Reaction Score

Nobody's saying Amida is without flaws, and I wince any time we try to feed him in the post. I'd honestly rather have him pick-and-pop for 14 footers. But you guys who insist he hasn't improved are bonkers, and no longer worth engaging with.

Our offense didn't improve because of him. It improved because JA developed some lead guard skills with more time on the floor after playing through his mistakes and DHAM learning to trust his teammates at times.

Reaction Score
Enoch speaking.

Reaction Score
Seems like its not happening anymore, according to Borges. Enoch will be a force next year. Best case scenario may be Brimah taking on a Nolan-esque role next year, with Enoch logging heavy minutes, supplemented with Facey, Vance, and Mamadou grabbing minutes.
Salivating about the Enoch mamadou line up. Some meat back on the team

Reaction Score
I mean, you can't even be bothered to read the thread and understand who each post is about.

You're utterly miserable.
Hey I made a mistake on that one. I thought you were talking about AB. Yes, I think SE has a chance to make an impact inside. He has the body and the offensive moves. He just needs to work on defense and not being intimidated on that side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Salivating about the Enoch mamadou line up. Some meat back on the team
Yes I hope that is our starting lineup and KF and AB are coming off the bench when we need their strengths.

Reaction Score
Let's all get a grip here.

- Yes, Brimah is improved over where he was as a freshman and sophomore; his rebounding instincts, while inconsistent, have been better the last few weeks
- Yes, many of us expected faster development than what we've seen; he and Thabeet came in with a similar level of experience, but Thabeet in 2 years progressed more than Brimah has in 3

It's not a contradiction both to acknowledge that Brimah has improved and to be disappointed that he hasn't improved enough.

Regardless of expectations, our frontcourt is not at the level we're accustomed to and that, arguably, we need to get back to in order to have consistent success. Facey has shown he is not the answer. Enoch is hard to get a read on -- he's shown some flashes, but is young.

This coming year will be a big one in terms of the development of our bigs. We'll be able to more fully assess that staff's ability to develop frontcourt talent and also see what we have in the next generation (Enoch, Diarra, maybe Durham).

Reaction Score
Can we all agree we need someone to coach these big men? A staff full of guards isn't gonna cut it when it comes to developing the front court players of this team. Ollie needs to pick up that phone Purvis kept dialing in the AAC tourney and call somebody like Donyell, Caron, Okafor, or any big man really.

Reaction Score

Brimah also began last year having just recovered from shoulder surgery, and since when do you get to selectively decide what games should and shouldn't count? The Coppin State game happened, it was a regular season game, it counts. He played 35 games last season, 1 great game isn't going to influence the season long stat that much.

PER doesn't count, games that happened don't count, block % apparently doesn't count even though that's his best skill...But I'm the idiot here? Lol. You are delusional.

Reaction Score

Stats don't matter but anecdotal evidence apparently does.

Enjoy standing alone on that island drinking that kool aid and thinking Brimah has shown any marked improvement. Not sure why you're picking this 1 particular thing to die on the cross for.

Reaction Score

He wasn't even getting pushed around a lot of the time. Being pushed would indicate he was in correct rebounding position to begin with lol.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I swear, Brimah could average 40/20/10 and people would still be finding ways to glue him to the bench.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
A lot of this Brimah discussion is silly. He's not going to average 20 points a game. But there is no doubt that our defense is night and day when he's on the court. Period. Our guards can get much more aggressive with him in. That was a big part of the first half nightmare tonight. He needs to learn to stay out of foul trouble, because we need him...

Reaction Score
I swear, Brimah could average 40/20/10 and people would still be finding ways to glue him to the bench.

Or, you know, just not be in a situation where I can statistically argue that Brimah hasn't improved at all between his freshman year and this year, or last year to this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom