Who is back next year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, we outrebounded the #4 rebounding team in the nation on Thursday, with Brimah being a big part of that.

You continue to have zero idea what you're talking about, and are a truly miserable poster.

Sorry he's not far off. Where was he tonight when needed? This guy is much closer to the same guy who played against St Joes his freshman year than he is Hilton Armstrong that's for sure.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That sad moment when I can remember Cassell but not Facey. Maybe it was me trying to forget his rebounding efforts today
yeah KF was the only big with rebounding issues
Lets look at the stats and see what AB, PN and SM did

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Sorry he's not far off. Where was he tonight when needed? This guy is much closer to the same guy who played against St Joes his freshman year than he is Hilton Armstrong that's for sure.
It's like the "shave and a haircut" gag from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Can't help yourself, can you mau?

Anyway, by the eye test and by advanced metrics Brimah's clearly improved. He showed it against Colorado, and didn't against Kansas. Oh well - it happens.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we outrebounded the #4 rebounding team in the nation on Thursday, with Brimah being a big part of that.

You continue to have zero idea what you're talking about, and are a truly miserable poster.

Cool, he had 7 against Colorado. He also looked completely lost today and never had any idea where the ball was whenever he was under the basket. He's also a 7-foot 3rd year player averaging 4 rebounds for an AAC team.

We're both fans of this program, difference is that I'm actually objective, you're just drinking the kool-aid.

Reaction Score
It's like the "shave and a haircut" gag from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Can't help yourself, can you mau?

Anyway, by the eye test and by advanced metrics Brimah's clearly improved. He showed it against Colorado, and didn't against Kansas. Oh well - it happens.

Ok that makes him good? Kidding me right? Check your testing theory and get back to me. He's much closer to the freshman guy than he is the "improved guy" it's clear to most!

It's you guys who want to see he has "improved" than can't help yourself it's not me and the others. Get the blinders off, he is what he is and will be the SAME next year too - frustrating as hell!

Reaction Score
Cool, he had 7 against Colorado. He also looked completely lost today and never had any idea where the ball was whenever he was under the basket. He's also a 7-foot 3rd year player averaging 4 rebounds for an AAC team.

We're both fans of this program, difference is that I'm actually objective, you're just drinking the kool-aid.
You're not remotely in the ballpark of objective. You think he hasn't improved since his freshman year.

Reaction Score
Brimah's defensive rebound rate as a freshman was 11%. As a junior it was 14%

No improvement, though.

Cut the crap with these ridiculous stats. He's better, but slightly at best. Not getting to expectations of a UConn 5 and if he is to you guys then congrats. I expect leaps like Emeka and Thabeet and this isn't close. They made a difference he does not.

Reaction Score
Brimah's 3 point play vs St. Joes buys him infinite credit in my book. He needs to bulk up big time, go lift with the football team + Diaco's nutritionist.

Reaction Score
Like others have said we need to improve our front court. Enoch is the key as he needs to develop. He has the frame, talent/skill, athleticism.... just needs to improve his basketball IQ. If he can develop into a solid low post scorer and grab 6-8 rebounds a game we'll be in great shape. Honestly, if Shonn was about 2-3" taller and 20 lbs heavier he'd be a perfect 4.

Reaction Score
My gut says Cassell will not be back next year. I also think Durham will redshirt. So I think it will be...
Adams, Gilbert, Purvis
Hamilton, Larrier, Jackson
Facey, Diarra
Enoch, Brimah
I like that a lot. Our big 3 will be Adams, Purvis, and Hamilton.
Does your gut tell you that because he's not a division one player?

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Cut the crap with these ridiculous stats. He's better, but slightly at best. Not getting to expectations of a UConn 5 and if he is to you guys then congrats. I expect leaps like Emeka and Thabeet and this isn't close. They made a difference he does not.
"They made a difference he does not"

He played 3 minutes in the first half and we were down 20. He played 16 minutes in the second half, and we won it by 8. Correlation isn't causality, but they're pretty clearly related.

Also, rebound rate is far from ridiculous. It's a much more useful stat than raw rebounding numbers.

And finally: He doesn't have to be as good as Emeka or Hasheem, and if that's what you're hoping for you'll be disappointed. All he has to do is continue to make incremental improvement - as he clearly, undeniably has done.

Reaction Score
SE showed promise and maybe with a true point guard getting him the ball at the right spot he will be a bright spot inside. I hope he improves on defense enough to knock AB to a back up. He isn't going to improve offensively after 3 years but he would be nice to have off the bench when we needed someone to block some shots.

Reaction Score
If we would look at things objectively though Mau, based on his high school ranking, he's probably about what most experts thought he'd be after 3 years. He was a 3 star that no other big program was interested in. After an encouraging Freshmen year maybe we expected him to be more than we should have. I know KO loves him but I think it should be a preseason competition for the 5 spot with nothing promised to Brimah. He's a very one dimensional player at this point with huge holes in his game.

Reaction Score
You just said not to expect improvement from Enoch also. So should we be starting Facey at center? Does Drummond still have a year of eligibility only you are aware of?

A lot of teams don't have 7-footers at the 5. I would be in favor of going smaller and starting Facey if need be
Brimah's defensive rebound rate as a freshman was 11%. As a junior it was 14%

No improvement, though.

Brimah had 2.5 win shares as a freshman, he has 2.5 this year.

Brimah had a 15.1 block % as a freshman, he has 14.2% this year.

Brimah had a 23.8 PER last year, he has 22.0 this year.

Do you really want to keep playing this game?

Reaction Score
You're not remotely in the ballpark of objective. You think he hasn't improved since his freshman year.

Any improvement you could even argue that he's made would be extremely marginal. You and Matrim would be lying if you didn't think he would be better than this at the end of his junior year.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Brimah had 2.5 win shares as a freshman, he has 2.5 this year.
Win shares are additive, you ninny - if you play more, you earn more.

So what you want is winshares/40. He produced 1.5 ws/40 as a freshman, and 1.96 ws/40 as a junior. That's a 30% improvement.

Thanks for making my point for me, though.

Reaction Score
Win shares are additive, you ninny - if you play more, you earn more.

So what you want is winshares/40. He produced 1.5 ws/40 as a freshman, and 1.96 ws/40 as a junior. That's a 30% improvement.

Thanks for making my point for me, though.

Going by that logic (and not even asking you to answer everything you ignored in my post) he had .191 WS/40 last year compared to .196 this year. Improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom