Whitmer puts up 3 in first half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whitmer puts up 3 in first half

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm in favor of ANYONE who can win. Hell, at this point I would settle for ANYONE who be competitive.

Right now, Boyle is the only option. Let's see if he can do better. He can't do worse than a QB that loses at the rate Whitmer does.
Sure he can. He can lose games and have a worse rating. I hope he gets some more series to learn, but I won't be holding my breath expecting him to win.

Reaction Score
I'm in favor of ANYONE who can win. Hell, at this point I would settle for ANYONE who be competitive.

Right now, Boyle is the only option. Let's see if he can do better. He can't do worse than a QB that loses at the rate Whitmer does.
I don't recall seeing Boyle do much of anything when he is in the game, other than make mistakes. The interception was a rally killer yesterday. I hope that they are scouring the Junior Colleges and get a transfer that can come in for next year at QB.

Reaction Score
Sure he can. He can lose games and have a worse rating. I hope he gets some more series to learn, but I won't be holding my breath expecting him to win.

Would you rather have those games this season when we're already 1 - 5, or have him go through his lumps next season when expectations are a little higher.

Not sure the down side to playing Boyle now that we basically have no mathematical chance to make a bowl game, what does playing Whitmer (who is leaving next year) get you?

Reaction Score
I don't recall seeing Boyle do much of anything when he is in the game, other than make mistakes. The interception was a rally killer yesterday. I hope that they are scouring the Junior Colleges and get a transfer that can come in for next year at QB.

He was in for three snaps......a little over dramatic no?

Rally killer?........whats your definition of a rally?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Would you rather have those games this season when we're already 1 - 5, or have him go through his lumps next season when expectations are a little higher.

Not sure the down side to playing Boyle now that we basically have no mathematical chance to make a bowl game, what does playing Whitmer (who is leaving next year) get you?
Yes, I rather would have Boyle get some more experience this year. I am no longer sure that playing time this year will be of significant benefit to him next year though, and I think he may even regress even further until he has a competent o-line (whenever that will be). But I would give him more series and if he fails, he fails.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He's not my boy. I have just seen enough of Whitmer. And I don't unde3rstand why you nail an NFL arm on the bench for a QB who drops the ball when he drops back.

Whitmer did what Whitmer does. It's the coach who needs to make better decisions. However tonight he did have a new one. On one of the few plays where he had time to throw, he scrambled around in the pocket and then just dropped the ball. It just fell on the ground. He did manage to get it back. But I'm not sure I have ever seen that one before.
Never saw an NFL QB with an NFL arm run out of the back of the end zone until former UConn player Dan O did it - that was really a new one.

NFL arm - it's what is in the head and heart as well - but your pinky has more football knowledge than the rest of us combined have - so I wouldn't really need to tell you that.

That NFL arm threw a strike to the guy wearing green last night - nice tight spiral.

You need to get out more if you have never seen a QB drop a football. But hey he got it back. He wasn't the turnover machine you make him out to be - that's the NFL arm. 0 TD and 10 int in his career. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

Reaction Score
Yes, I rather would have Boyle get some more experience this year. I am no longer sure that playing time this year will be of significant benefit to him next year though, and I think he may even regress even further until he has a competent o-line (whenever that will be). But I would give him more series and if he fails, he fails.

If you weed through all the Bullspit, thats all Palatine is saying

Any game experience is good experience, gives him an opportunity to see defense real time and read them, practice can't simulate game speed

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If you weed through all the Bullspit, thats all Palatine is saying

Any game experience is good experience, gives him an opportunity to see defense real time and read them, practice can't simulate game speed
Season is lost - play him in game action I don't care. But why are we practicing and paying millions to coaches when it's obvious they are playing the wrong QB and he can't be judged unless in game action? Don't tell me future please.
Career game action TD's 0
Career game action int 10
Completion % 44.4

I don't have his practice stats but if they were that good you would think he would earn the burn by now - unless that dang leg pain reoccurred after the pick last night I expect him to light it up in our next game.
That's some coach speak.

Reaction Score
Season is lost - play him in game action I don't care. But why are we practicing and paying millions to coaches when it's obvious they are playing the wrong QB and he can't be judged unless in game action? Don't tell me future please.
Career game action TD's 0
Career game action int 10
Completion % 44.4

I don't have his practice stats but if they were that good you would think he would earn the burn by now - unless that dang leg pain reoccurred after the pick last night I expect him to light it up in our next game.
That's some coach speak.

None of that matters, you either get him ready for next year. Or you keep playing a guy who is 1-9 in this last ten starts who is graduating.

I choose the former, any sane person would.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
None of that matters, you either get him ready for next year. Or you keep playing a guy who is 1-9 in this last ten starts who is graduating.

I choose the former, any sane person would.
Get him ready for next year??

He is the future until he gets beat out per the coach.

What if diaco already knows he isn't coming back or he has already been beat out??

Reaction Score
If Whitmer had led us to another 3 points in the second half, we would have been in position to win on our last drive.

It doesn't matter because we're 1 - 5, even if we go 4 - 2 in the last 6 games we don't make a bowl so why play Whitmer, it literally makes no sense on any logical level, if we were in contention for a bowl game I'd say keep Whitmer in, but we are NOT going to a bowl this year......so play Boyle, it is the only thing that gets you any money for next year

Reaction Score
I agree flyer, I was being a wise . Losing 12-3, is no different than losing 60-17, they are both still losses.

Reaction Score
I'd sign up for 4-2 right now though. It would indicate progress was made during a lost year.

Reaction Score
I agree flyer, I was being a wise . Losing 12-3, is no different than losing 60-17, they are both still losses.

Yeah I know lol but you were technically right I guess

Idk it is just mind boggling I guess to watch what I'mw atching

Reaction Score
I'd sign up for 4-2 right now though. It would indicate progress was made during a lost year.

Honestly though I would rather go 2 - 4, Boyle through an INT or two a game, but get the experience over Whitmer going 4-2

One prepares us for next year...one means we have to start all over next year

Reaction Score
It's about next year now. Whitmer deserves a couple of Purple Hearts for what he's been through, but he can best help us now by working with Tim and trying to get him ready for next year. He may or may not work out but it's not his athletic ability that's lacking. He came out of a structured system where he was managed pretty closely. He needs to get work, make decisions and make his mistakes then see if he can grow from there. It's a dysfunctiinal situation because of the lousy blocking but that's what we're stuck with. Jumping in cold and getting pulled isn't working and we're not in contention for anything except preparing for next year.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Honestly though I would rather go 2 - 4, Boyle through an INT or two a game, but get the experience over Whitmer going 4-2

One prepares us for next year...one means we have to start all over next year
I'm with Boyle playing - but we will be starting all over again next year whether TB plays or not - that is a given.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Whitmer playing the rest of the year indicates to me that Boyle is gone next season and Diaco didn't see him fitting into his plans. My feeling is what others have said here, Diaco wants a mobile, spread option QB and Boyle isn't that. I will say that if Boyle transfers I really hope it isn't to BC because I have a feeling where ever he goes, he's going to do real well.

Reaction Score
Whitmer playing the rest of the year indicates to me that Boyle is gone next season and Diaco didn't see him fitting into his plans. My feeling is what others have said here, Diaco wants a mobile, spread option QB and Boyle isn't that. I will say that if Boyle transfers I really hope it isn't to BC because I have a feeling where ever he goes, he's going to do real well.

?? He came from BC because he didn't fit into Addazzio's plans when he came in ??

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
?? He came from BC because he didn't fit into Addazzio's plans when he came in ??
Yeah but isn't the QB at BC graduating this year? Not sure who they had behind their QB and I know he came to us after initially committing to BC. Is it a known fact that the reason he switched to UConn was because he didn't fit into Adaazzio's plans? Or was that just the story that was spun? Just throwing it out there. It is probably a moot point and won't happen but I'd hate to see him transfer to a school that I hate (BC, Rutgers) and help them won while we wither here to nothing in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Play Boyle starting next game, give him reps and since there is no way beating East Carolina in their place let him play the whole way so ready for UCF at home which is a more winnable game. Up until now makes a mistake and gets pulled while Whitmer gets to make them all game long.

Reaction Score

Yeah but isn't the QB at BC graduating this year? Not sure who they had behind their QB and I know he came to us after initially committing to BC. Is it a known fact that the reason he switched to UConn was because he didn't fit into Adaazzio's plans? Or was that just the story that was spun? Just throwing it out there. It is probably a moot point and won't happen but I'd hate to see him transfer to a school that I hate (BC, Rutgers) and help them won while we wither here to nothing in the AAC.

Guess ya never know unless you are in the room when convo happened but:

"Boyle, who had a scholarship to Boston College, was given permission by new coach Steve Addazio to look for other options. Addazio told Boyle that he planned to change the Boston College offense to one that featured a running quarterback. Boyle is a classic drop-back quarterback and Addazio indicated that perhaps the fit wold not be a good one."

http://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...on-college-football-national-signing-day-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom