Whitmer puts up 3 in first half | The Boneyard

Whitmer puts up 3 in first half

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Seriously Pal...I'm all for Boyle playing but he threw a pick on his first possession in the game. Throwing INTs every time you get a set of downs isn't going to get you more. Would you rather see Foxx and we can become just a flat out joke of a program?

Reaction Score
The thread is not necessary. But your interest in Uconn athletics be it positive or negative is appreciated.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I wish Boyle had led us to a FG instead of an INT.

Honestly, I do. #nottrolling

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nobodys fault. This team is loathsome. God how far we have fallen. Nothing works. Newsome plays, he fumbles twice. Ughh

Reaction Score
Seriously Pal...I'm all for Boyle playing but he threw a pick on his first possession in the game. Throwing INTs every time you get a set of downs isn't going to get you more. Would you rather see Foxx and we can become just a flat out joke of a program?

iwould like to see some read option from Foxx yes. i thought that last drive where Newsome fumbled inside the 30 was a perfect time to bring him in.

Play it safe inside the 30 witn read option playes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Truth be told every time Whitmer steps on the field it's a TO.

Whitmer taking snaps is an admission that UConn doesn't care about winning.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We ARE the worst team in FBS. No question about that.

Reaction Score
..........blah blah .....sports art... blah blah .......... insult and demean you......whatever. I'm going to bed.

Reaction Score
An explosion of scoring for him.
You are completely insufferable. Your boy came in and immediately threw an int. maybe Captain Kirk or mr Spock would be better. You're a fool and are officially the first I've ever put on ignore. You're a complete .

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You are completely insufferable. Your boy came in and immediately threw an int. maybe Captain Kirk or mr Spock would be better. You're a fool and are officially the first I've ever put on ignore. You're a complete .

The INT didn't cost the team any more points than throwing Whitmer out there every series.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Truth be told every time Whitmer steps on the field it's a TO.

Whitmer taking snaps is an admission that UConn doesn't care about winning.
Not fair Chin. No turnovers. The RB not securing the ball in opponent territory twice was most likely the biggest contributing factor in 3 points.

We all see things differently which makes the world go round - if he trots Boyle out there with his 0 career TD's to go along with his 10 career interceptions I think UConn doesn't care about winning.

Chandler is one of the few players on this team that shows any passion - who seems to actually care about results.

Reaction Score
Chandler is not a leader, or a good qb. Has proven that over time. One heck of a tough Sob though. In a way kind of feel bad for him behind this o-line. What I don't get though is the handling of Boyle. HCBD says he wants to play fresh,soph with his rotations of every position except for qb. One series isn't a rotation. Give the kid a half, lets see if he can put up points. Their getting turnovers regardless who's playing the qb position. His process is playing for the future, when is it Boyle's time? If not now when?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Chandler is not a leader, or a good qb. Has proven that over time. One heck of a tough Sob though. In a way kind of feel bad for him behind this o-line. What I don't get though is the handling of Boyle. HCBD says he wants to play fresh,soph with his rotations of every position except for qb. One series isn't a rotation. Give the kid a half, lets see if he can put up points. Their getting turnovers regardless who's playing the qb position. His process is playing for the future, when is it Boyle's time? If not now when?
Are you watching Boyle?? Seriously? The stare down pick last night - he has a phenomenal arm - I can't say anymore than that.
0 QB turnovers last night. Oh wait, there was 1.

My god CW turns over the ball when he doesn't.

Reaction Score
Are you watching Boyle?? Seriously? The stare down pick last night - he has a phenomenal arm - I can't say anymore than that.
0 QB turnovers last night. Oh wait, there was 1.

My god CW turns over the ball when he doesn't.
I've seen the same from CW for 3 years, time for a change, I'll live with the turnovers/bonehead plays like with Newsome, Johnson, knappe, etc.. Playing for the future, and that is Boyle. I believe the coach said that as well.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Pal

pal has a hard on for Boyle. Boyle is not the answer.
I feel bad for Boyle. He has to elevate his game but he's behind an incompetent O-line. Next year Pal will dump Boyle and jump on Tyler Davis's bandwagon.

Reaction Score

He's not my boy. I have just seen enough of Whitmer. And I don't unde3rstand why you nail an NFL arm on the bench for a QB who drops the ball when he drops back.

Whitmer did what Whitmer does. It's the coach who needs to make better decisions. However tonight he did have a new one. On one of the few plays where he had time to throw, he scrambled around in the pocket and then just dropped the ball. It just fell on the ground. He did manage to get it back. But I'm not sure I have ever seen that one before.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Boyle. He has to elevate his game but he's behind an incompetent O-line. Next year Pal will dump Boyle and jump on Tyler Davis's bandwagon.

I'm in favor of ANYONE who can win. Hell, at this point I would settle for ANYONE who be competitive.

Right now, Boyle is the only option. Let's see if he can do better. He can't do worse than a QB that loses at the rate Whitmer does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom