Whitmer is not a D1 QB | The Boneyard

Whitmer is not a D1 QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I give him credit he has guts and he is better than j. mac. But he has no athleticism, a weak arm, he throws to many picks, doesn't read defenses that well and he gets flustered in the pocket with happy feet. Its hard to win with this guy. Oh I forgot he's short also.

There is no upside to playing him.

Reaction Score
he has division 1 arm, but he is poorly coached. His decision-making is poor and his footwork is dicey. He needs to learn when to step up into the pocket and also when to look off the primary receiver. Almost every completion was to his first option tonight.

Reaction Score
oh, stop it with this already. should have been running in that situation.

Reaction Score
Throws into triple coverage, allowing and interception that sets up the game tying TD. Throws short of the first down maker after the team uses 2 time outs to set up the play.

Stupid.

There's a reason the guy was open, Michigan will let you throw underneath. 4th and 29 is tough, but it's impossible if you don't throw the ball 29 yards.

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't had a bigtime QB since Orlovsky. I may agree with you, but Whitmer is better than Bones, Frazer, Lorenzen, McEntee and I forget who else we've had back there. That's not saying much.

At this point, no way I burn Boyle's redshirt. No way.

Reaction Score
Never thought he was. The number of interceptions he threw as a Juco was astronomical. why did anyone think he was going to improve in D1.

Reaction Score
Whitmer and McCoombs have to be the worst D1 starting Qb Rb duo in the country.

Reaction Score
Throws into triple coverage, allowing and interception that sets up the game tying TD. Throws short of the first down maker after the team uses 2 time outs to set up the play.

Stupid.

There's a reason the guy was open, Michigan will let you throw underneath. 4th and 29 is tough, but it's impossible if you don't throw the ball 29 yards.

should never have been 4th and 29. having XH in there at that huge moment is totally irresponsible, god-awful coaching by............you know who.

Reaction Score

Stupid.

Did you want him to throw it past the receiver? if someone is short of the marker he is short of the marker. That's on the receiver. you gotta get downfield

Reaction Score
He's not a guy who can make something out of nothing, which is what you sometimes need when things go wrong. Usually things go from bad to worse. The best skills on our team belong to a true frosh and I'd rather not go there in this situation.

Reaction Score
I give him credit he has guts and he is better than j. mac. But he has no athleticism, a weak arm, he throws to many picks, doesn't read defenses that well and he gets flustered in the pocket with happy feet. Its hard to win with this guy. Oh I forgot he's short also.

There is no upside to playing him.

I agree... one of the reasons why he throws a lot of picks is because he keeps his eye on the targeted receiver.

Reaction Score
should never have been 4th and 29. having XH in there at that huge moment is totally irresponsible, god-awful coaching by............you know who.

This is the thing XH is more of a te than a tackle. he's not strong enough and why they don't they have Levy is there who is 6'5'' 320 with good athleticism.

For example Obi M. is clearly better that A. Adams but if Adams didn't get hurt he would be starting. Same thing with Mack and Ja. Williams. Ashiru would be on the bench if Stewart didn't get hurt. These young guys with talent need to be out there.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Didn't PP say after Towson that he needed to give XH help with a TE? That would have been a good time to do that.

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't had a bigtime QB since Orlovsky. I may agree with you, but Whitmer is better than Bones, Frazer, Lorenzen, McEntee and I forget who else we've had back there. That's not saying much.

Yes way get him some experience now!

Reaction Score
Whomever is putting Hemingway in needs to have their job removed. I am sorry but he is more of the issue than Chandler.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

Not a big [point but I don't agree about Lorenzen. Whitmer can throw better than Lorenzen (especially after his injury) but Lorenzen made better decisions and was a damn good runner. He was most dangerous when D's had to worry about him AND a good RB at the same time, so unfortunately we may not have had a better chance with him tonight. Now, combine him with any of McCaulley, Brown, Todman or Dixon and I say we win the game.

Reaction Score
Did you want him to throw it past the receiver? if someone is short of the marker he is short of the marker. That's on the receiver. you gotta get downfield

He's the QB, he's the general. You don't throw short of the marker. There was more than one receiver.

Reaction Score
Totally disagree when the kid has time to throw he does fine.

So he doesn't keep his eye on one receiver? He doesn't make bad decisions? He doesn't hold on to the ball to long? Its not always the offensive line's fault he had time to throw today. When Witmers' receiver is not open he either throws it into coverage or he panics and he holds on to the ball.

Reaction Score
Totally disagree when the kid has time to throw he does fine.

You don't always have time. You have to find a way to make plays when under pressure. At the very least you can't make game costing plays. For example: don't throw into triple coverage with a second half lead.

Reaction Score
Really, did you notice on his pick he had a perfect pocket and time. He cannot read coverages, he doesn't go through his progressions, and he started holding the ball too long and taking sacks. I don't know what second half you were watching.

Exactly, he even had McQuillen wide open, but he had his eyes solely on Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom