#whereiswarde? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#whereiswarde?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i emailed him about a minute before i posted it here. i email him very often.

Dan, I hate to say it, because I think you're being serious. But that is creepy as man. I'm sure at this point, he's set up a rule in his Outlook to send your emails straight to the trash, I'm sure I would have.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I have my outlook mailbox set up that way. Warde definitely has Dan on the blocked list.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Warde needs to understand that if this staff is allowed to come back without any changes he owns it. Right now P is Hathaway's mistake, in 2013 he is Warde's mistake. Life is very short and a wasted year is a long freaking time. Cut the chord now.

But we just hired Brown and then fired him after the SU game.

Now we want the AD fired.

If it rains tomorrow, can we fire the weather guy?

Reaction Score
Not bad, but I see more risk in this hire than is necessary. I think we can aim higher.

I don't know. Jim Harbaugh made a bigger leap from a non scholarship school to Stanford.

Stony Brook is no joke. I can't wait to see what they do in the playoffs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
actually im not on the block list. and recently i got a sign from him so i havnt been up in flames over things. i bumped this thread with names i would look at and wanted to know what he and u guys thought about them. then this thread got a little wild again which is fine. its part of the game. all is well. if u noticed the past 24 hours ive been here but not bumping every fire thread etc.

warde has done some good things
-i think the HE eyes we have, have been for a while but warde pushed it over the top
-he and susan quickly got fundraising going for the bball pf
-hes making small changes slowly like "#bleedblue" for example. just little things like that are inprovements to nothing we had before but still a long way to go

i have a wild stance on the KO thing i know. but i love KO so i just feel he is set up to fail and im not happy about it. i want him to do several things for us in the tv world also. and yues i want him to stamp his name on a coaching staff. those are the big things among many smalls.

i do not blame warde for the situations we are in but i am worried that this job he may not be ready to handle. i'll wait 2 months before i make that call.

Reaction Score
But we just hired Brown and then fired him after the SU game.

Now we want the AD fired.

If it rains tomorrow, can we fire the weather guy?

I have no idea what this means. Who called for the AD to be fired? The one year deal for Ollie is ridiculous and it is hampering recruiting other then that mistake Warde is still on good terms, for now. If Warde puts Ollie on a short leash and P on a long leash he might hang himself. Warde set a short leash precedent with Ollie, he needs to remain consistent and hold P to the same standards.

Reaction Score
Maybe the reason we haven't heard from WM recently is b/c he is too busy trying to find us 2014 and beyond OCC opponents so we aren't stuck playing the likes of Idaho, New Mexico St., etc. While I'm sure P and GDL are important for him to address I think that is a more pressing issue.

Reaction Score
I agree with Kfalko for the most part. I don't agree with all this hoopla over "where is Warde"......What do people expect him to do. Come out and say he is not fired but he's on thin ice, or better yet he is almost fired..That would go over well.....I think his silence is about as good as we can expect until a coaching change is made. Hopefully he is creating a contingency plan for where he is going to look for coaches when the season is over, tracking some up and coming coaches so the transition is quick and seamless, writing the script on what he is going to tell PP and GDL, and finding new OOC games for the future as KFalko said; among countless other duties that he has with the UCONN athletics department.... It could be worse, at least he is not publicly stating that HCPP and GDL will be back next year and there is no imminent termination and they haven't had enough time..... If he said that now he couldn't change his mind by the end of the year without coming off as a hypocrite.

Reaction Score
Just because I feel HFD needs love and stir the pot a bit -- Warde could have issued an apology ala Steinbrenners and USM AD

@JeffHammondUSM
Athletics Director - Southern Miss. Leading by example, from the front, demonstrating a love for our University and the moral courage to do the right thing.

USM.jpg

Reaction Score
These can be added:

Mike Bajakian (Cincy OC has impressive resume that was posted on here before)
Steve Farmer (LA Monroe OC has done exceptional job with Colton Browning. Has them averaging 39.5 ppg in 7 games and includes games against Baylor, Arkansas and Auburn.

I'll second the LA Monre idea, thought it might be the head coach who also coached at Army and had some good success, but if it is a young OC who has their offense rolling then hire him today. Saw the Baylor game in person and that LAM offense was something, if not for a late fumble think would have driven for a TD and up 1 point late 4th rather than being down 13 when finally score. They have two qbs who have good mobility and pocket presence and the team runs plays that you can not tell what's up by the formations or substitutions.

Reaction Score
Warde set a short leash precedent with Ollie, he needs to remain consistent and hold P to the same standards.

shouldn't we wait to see whether Ollie is retained after this year before declaring WM has set a short leash precedent?

Reaction Score
shouldn't we wait to see whether Ollie is retained after this year before declaring WM has set a short leash precedent?

The one year contract is the short leash. With that contract Warde is stating to Ollie you aren't my selection you are someone else's and I reserve the right to judge your performance based on a very short sample before I make a longer commitment to you.

Now P wasn't Warde's selection but he has now seen him perform over two season's. If at the end of this season the team is 4-8 can Warde announce to the fans that to be fair to P we need to let him have another season to get it right? Why would P be getting so much leeway when Ollie is not?

And its not just about wins and losses. P made one coaching move this offseason and it has turned out to be a horrible decision.

We have also been dominated in the second half of games which shows a complete inability to make in-game adjustments

Reaction Score
Just because I feel HFD needs love and stir the pot a bit -- Warde could have issued an apology ala Steinbrenners and USM AD

@JeffHammondUSM
Athletics Director - Southern Miss. Leading by example, from the front, demonstrating a love for our University and the moral courage to do the right thing.

View attachment 1563

It's all about timing...

Auburn University president Jay Gogue addressed the Auburn family in a statement issued on the University website on Thursday.

A Message to the Auburn Family about Auburn Football

The Auburn spirit is part of everything we do – in the classroom and beyond. It includes the spirit we show when we support those who represent us on the playing field.

Later today, Auburn students and the local community will gather to cheer on the football team as they practice. I encourage others to follow their example by coming together and getting behind the young men who wear the orange and blue each fall Saturday.

In the past few weeks, many of you have contacted me, and I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to share your thoughts about the football program. I know your concerns are sincere and heartfelt, and I share many of them. As we do every year, the football program will be evaluated in an objective, thorough and professional process.

For everything there is a time, and now is the time to support. The young men and women – our students – who make up Auburn University are grateful for the dedication of their extended Auburn Family. So am I.

War Eagle!

Jay Gogue

http://ocm.auburn.edu/gogue_statement102512.html

In other words...

images

Reaction Score
In other words: "We at Auburn, just like the folks at Southern Miss and UConn, need to respect the efforts of the team and coaches, show our support, and let the season play out. But when that last whistle blows on Dec 1st----- I'm cleaning house."

Reaction Score
In other words: "We at Auburn, just like the folks at Arkansas, Boston College, Southern Miss and UConn, need to respect the efforts of the team and coaches, show our support, and let the season play out. But when that last whistle blows on Dec 1st----- I'm cleaning house."

Fixed...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the point is, those schools get it and we dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics