#whereiswarde? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#whereiswarde?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree, but the smart thing to do would be to name Don Brown head coach now, it could be like the Ollie try-out. Reinstate Foley on the o-line and let Day call the plays. Maybe something sparks and we win the next two games. They won't do it though.
The one issue with that strategy is that unless WM is convinced that someone on the current staff (Brown in your example) is the guy to run the show for the next however many years, this move (and the subsequent replacement with the guy WM decides is the right choice) will cost us that coach, likely a few other assistants (depending on the nexy guy's opinion of our current staff members and their opinion of the changes in leadership) and most of (if not all) the recruits those assistants have landed.

The only real move that can be made mid-season (shy of blowing the whole thing up and starting over in January) would be for WM to force the reassignment of a few staff members.

Reaction Score
The one issue with that strategy is that unless WM is convinced that someone on the current staff (Brown in your example) is the guy to run the show for the next however many years, this move (and the subsequent replacement with the guy WM decides is the right choice) will cost us that coach, likely a few other assistants (depending on the nexy guy's opinion of our current staff members and their opinion of the changes in leadership) and most of (if not all) the recruits those assistants have landed.

The only real move that can be made mid-season (shy of blowing the whole thing up and starting over in January) would be for WM to force the reassignment of a few staff members.

If we were to win our remaining two home games and upset USF on the road we could become bowl eligible, win the bowl game and we finish the season 7-6 with a lot of positive momentum heading into next year. It won't happen if no changes are made. Don Brown has had success as a head coach and he is a New England guy, for the most part our defense has been solid over the past two seasons. We need a spark, if P can't can DeLeone ASAP he should go with him. I don't see the downside to making the move now, the players have quit on the current staff, a shakeup might help. They won't do it though, not because its not the smart football thing to do, they won't do it because this is college ball and they don't want to make it look like all they care about is winning.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't know, for me silence is golden. It means P has to prove himself. Though probably someone from the Horde will track him down and he'll have to say something about P without saying anything. The point is... Warde's job is not to satisfy the fanbase with statements or quotes. It's to run the athletic program. All signs point to him evaluating the staff at the end of the season, whether that means replacing GDL alone or more of the staff, I'd be happy with either one. Actions matter, words don't in this case.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i want to know what warde thinks of the folowing ppl

neal brown
matt campbell
willie taggart
sonny dykes
todd berry
gus malzahn
gary anderson
darrell hazell

Reaction Score
Add the Stony Brook guy and Eric Mangini to the list as well. Both of CT and Regional connections. Culture.... Ha~!

Reaction Score

neal brown
matt campbell
willie taggart
sonny dykes
todd berry
gus malzahn
gary anderson
darrell hazell
Send him an email and ask him...

Reaction Score
If we were to win our remaining two home games and upset USF on the road we could become bowl eligible, win the bowl game and we finish the season 7-6 with a lot of positive momentum heading into next year. It won't happen if no changes are made. Don Brown has had success as a head coach and he is a New England guy, for the most part our defense has been solid over the past two seasons. We need a spark, if P can't can DeLeone ASAP he should go with him. I don't see the downside to making the move now, the players have quit on the current staff, a shakeup might help. They won't do it though, not because its not the smart football thing to do, they won't do it because this is college ball and they don't want to make it look like all they care about is winning.

metsfan2323 I will take your argument of Brown being a head coach...but the statement of being a New England guy...who cares...TX, NJ, PA, Fla, GA, SC, OH ALL put out more FBS kids each than the ENTIRE New England region does together! I could care less where any HC or coaching staff replacements come from...they need to recruit, and coach!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
so far susan has done a great job with things imho

i was maybe 1 of 3 on this board that wasnt sold on warde when he was hired. i was however sold on P back then so my opinion isnt shiot but warde has yet to do anything great. hes done a few small things that i like but nothing a kid with a college diploma and some balls couldnt do. im not happy with the KO situation and he has gone MIA this football season lately. that was the goal of this thread. he needs to come out of his little hole in buffalo and understand we are big time and wantr to stay big time and we strive for the top. this isn't cuse or bc or Fecunditying rutgers.

I'm having a harder and harder time of taking your post seriously on his issue. Don't get me wrong, they are certainly entertaining, but completely unrealistic. The Athletic Director is not directly beholden to the fan base and CANNOT play out this situation in the media. As mentioned earlier, to do so would be unprofessional and career limiting.

He answers to the President and BOD (or similar body). The way the Jim Calhoun/Kevin Ollie situation played out was not his fault and could not have been handled any better. From Manuel’s POV, Calhoun gave every indication he was coming back for the 2012-13 season. It was only when he fell off his bike (again) that the 70 year old 3 time cancer surviver started to rethink it. At least that is the public story. At the end of the day, Calhoun pulled a Dean Smith on Manuel because Calhoun wanted his guy to get the job. From a lemonade out of lemons standpoint, Manuel chose the best available option at the time, especially given a lame duck season. Would you rather that Manuel go on a nation-wide coaching search 3 weeks before the season featuring approx. 8 scholarship players? I doubt any answer to the affirmative.

Reaction Score
Do you want to fire Warde now?

Warde needs to understand that if this staff is allowed to come back without any changes he owns it. Right now P is Hathaway's mistake, in 2013 he is Warde's mistake. Life is very short and a wasted year is a long freaking time. Cut the chord now.

Reaction Score
First off i agree with Husky25 regarding Manuel and how he handled the basketball situation..On this, what would you like him to say? If he plans to fire pasqualoni after the season, he will do it...after the season. it isn't happening now. just is not. And no AD is going to announce it before the end of the season. If you do, it means there is no chance of winning another game. the coach loses all his authority with his team. He loses every recruit. there is just no up side to it other than satisfying a few message board fanatics like you and ruskin.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that HFD hasn't mentioned the Southbridge Pee-wee Coach yet...

Husky25

Reaction Score
Warde needs to understand that if this staff is allowed to come back without any changes he owns it. Right now P is Hathaway's mistake, in 2013 he is Warde's mistake. Life is very short and a wasted year is a long freaking time. Cut the chord now.

I'm sure he is well aware of where the needle is pointed on the Boneyard. He is not going to make a change before the final game of the regular season, at the earliest. The continued call for immediate action by fans and bloggers is not necessarily falling on deaf ears, but it is shouting into the wind...

Reaction Score
I'm sure he is well aware of where the needle is pointed on the Boneyard. He is not going to make a change before the final game of the regular season, at the earliest. The continued call for immediate action by fans and bloggers is not necessarily falling on deaf ears, but it is shouting into the wind...

To clarify when I say now I mean end of this season. In a dream world Don Brown would have been named interim coach last Saturday but I understand this is not the NFL and that type of thing rarely happens on this level.

Right now Warde should be talking to people and scouting the landscape for coaching talent. Barring a 2010 type end of year winning streak he needs to make a change in December.

Reaction Score
metsfan, what makes you think he isn't doing just that? and if he is, he certainly isn't going to announce it publicly. That is just not the way these changes are handled. If he is asked in a public forum I have no doubt he will give some kind of support for the current staff until season end. it might mean he supports them. it might mean he supports them for the next 4 weeks. It might mean he doesn't really support them but has to say that. It could well change as the season comes to an end.

Reaction Score

neal brown
matt campbell
willie taggart
sonny dykes
todd berry
gus malzahn
gary anderson
darrell hazell

These can be added:

Mike Bajakian (Cincy OC has impressive resume that was posted on here before)
Steve Farmer (LA Monroe OC has done exceptional job with Colton Browning. Has them averaging 39.5 ppg in 7 games and includes games against Baylor, Arkansas and Auburn.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Right now Warde should be talking to people and scouting the landscape for coaching talent. Barring a 2010 type end of year winning streak he needs to make a change in December.

Who's to say he isn't? As rabid as fans tend to be, we should not expect daily updates of Manuel's activities. So many people took Manuel's comments, as reported by Desmond Connor, to mean Coach Pasqualoni was definitely staying through next year. The actual quote was, “Not Even Thinking About Whether Paul Is The Right Coach At This Point In His Tenure.” I'll take Manuel at his word on that day. However, about a month has gone by and he has certainly not given him the same public vote of confidence, if you can even call it that. My opinion is that any such vote expires on December 3rd.

If Coach Pasqualoni is released from his contract, he will not be the first recipient of a public VOC only to be axed a short time later.

Reaction Score
Honestly that's ridiculous. It would be such a circus there is no way to judge. Don Brown if he's a candidate which I doubt he is can audition from his current role. His defense embarrassed themselves last night so he's got his own problems.
The defense wasn't great, but how long do you expect them to cover for an offense that can't move the ball and has 9 of 12 possessions last 4 plays or less. That's a lot of time for the defense to be chasing around players.

Reaction Score
metsfan, what makes you think he isn't doing just that? and if he is, he certainly isn't going to announce it publicly. That is just not the way these changes are handled. If he is asked in a public forum I have no doubt he will give some kind of support for the current staff until season end. it might mean he supports them. it might mean he supports them for the next 4 weeks. It might mean he doesn't really support them but has to say that. It could well change as the season comes to an end.

I really don't know what people expect to hear. For WM to address the potential firing of P at all would be a huge mistake IMO. What purpose could it possibly serve? It's like some people on this board would rather throw out all of our recruits for the year, let our coaches officially spend all of their time looking for other jobs, and not win another game, just so they can hear WM say we'll have a new coach next year. Nothing good is accomplished and a lot of damage is done by a comment like that. Believe it or not WM's number one job isn't to make the lunatic fringe of the fan base happy (and I mean lunatic fringe in the best possible way, fan bases are measured by their lunatics).

Reaction Score
For anyone in the know - what's changed in the athletic department under WM? Has marketing improved, are coaches and student athletes happier? I know the basketball facility is about to get built and we are about to join Hockey East - how much of that is because of WM?

Husky25

Reaction Score
For anyone in the know - what's changed in the athletic department under WM? Has marketing improved, are coaches and student athletes happier? I know the basketball facility is about to get built and we are about to join Hockey East - how much of that is because of WM?

I heard from my sister-in-law's nephew's cousin, that morale is the same as it was yesterday. This person is close with an unnamed source in SDI.

I think you are going to have a hard time finding out any better information than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom