What's your favorite replay? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's your favorite replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would love to see that 15 second span by Morgan, do you know approximately when in the game that happened?
I had it marked and detailed in a previous post complete with video. I'll dig it out.

Here you go!
Morgan Tuck (freshman) 2013 National Semi-Final from the 12:47- 12:32 (if you have the video) mark of the 1st half, pulled off the 2nd greatest defense sequence in the history on women’s college basketball. In those 15 seconds Morgan switched off, Natalie Achonwa to meet Jewel Lloyd- who had gotten around KML- at the top of the key (Switch #1) . Morgan stayed with Jewel to the basket and got a piece of Jewel’s shot (Block #1). Morgan fell out of bounds under the basket and the rebound comes off weakside to Kayla McBride. Morgan quickly jumps back inbounds and blocks Kayla’s shot at the rim (Switch #2) & (Block #2). The ball rebounds long beyond the three point line to Jewel. Morgan goes out to challenge Jewel (Switch #3) long enough for jewel to hesitate Morgan switches back to Achonwa (Switch #4). Jewel passes to Skylar. Jefferson and Faris double Skylar leaving Jewel open at the 3 point line. Morgan switches off Achonwa (Switch #5) again & challenges Jewel at the three point line. Jewel drives, Morgan covers and as Jewel attempts to pass/shot at the basket, Morgan swats the ball off Achonwa (Block #3) out of bounds. UCONN ball!!!!! That is 5 defensive switches & 3 Block shots to cover 3 All-American players in a 15 second span by a freshman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had it marked and detailed in a previous post complete with video. I'll dig it out.

Here you go!
Morgan Tuck (freshman) 2013 National Semi-Final from the 12:47- 12:32 (if you have the video) mark of the 1st half, pulled off the 2nd greatest defense sequence in the history on women’s college basketball. In those 15 seconds Morgan switched off, Natalie Achonwa to meet Jewel Lloyd- who had gotten around KML- at the top of the key (Switch #1) . Morgan stayed with Jewel to the basket and got a piece of Jewel’s shot (Block #1). Morgan fell out of bounds under the basket and the rebound comes off weakside to Kayla McBride. Morgan quickly jumps back inbounds and blocks Kayla’s shot at the rim (Switch #2) & (Block #2). The ball rebounds long beyond the three point line to Jewel. Morgan goes out to challenge Jewel (Switch #3) long enough for jewel to hesitate Morgan switches back to Achonwa (Switch #4). Jewel passes to Skylar. Jefferson and Faris double Skylar leaving Jewel open at the 3 point line. Morgan switches off Achonwa (Switch #5) again & challenges Jewel at the three point line. Jewel drives, Morgan covers and as Jewel attempts to pass/shot at the basket, Morgan swats the ball off Achonwa (Block #3) out of bounds. UCONN ball!!!!! That is 5 defensive switches & 3 Block shots to cover 3 All-American players in a 15 second span by a freshman.

Watch repeat. What a win for UConn.
2013, UConn has: Faris, Dolosn, Hartly, KML, Stewards , Tuck and Jefferson
Was this one of the best team ever?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Here you go!

Great stuff. And as is so often the case, the announcers are pontificating while this action is going on instead of calling the game (though Dave is trying a little). Same thing with the 3 O-boards by Kelly (though Dave is trying a little).

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score

Here you go!

I feel like only UConn fan could truly appreciate something that impressive on the defensive end. Let alone even realized what just happened.

Reaction Score
A few years back- A player tried to beat on Swin Cash and suddenly found herself on the floor looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom