What's your favorite replay? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's your favorite replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
As far as this year goes, mine would be in the USC game. There were many highlights in that one, including KML brushing off her defender and splashing the three. But here's my favorite:

MoJeff getting a rebound by the USC basket, landing just to the side of the basket, then turning instantly and blasting out of the pack like a photon torpedo AND BEATING EVERYONE ELSE DOWN THE COURT!!!!!!!!!!! for a layup.

OMG.

Reaction Score
Still looking for Uconn vs Kentucky in the 2013 NCAA Regional Final. Does any one have it or know where to find it. This was the famed "40 minutes of dread" boasted by the Kentucky coach. Except the read was in the other direction.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
South Carolina game where MoJett turned her defender (sorry Tina Roy) into a pretzel with her hesitation dribble drive to the basket for 2.......

I think I replayed that 5 times.

What's even more fascinating is the faces of the student section as its happening in slo-Mo....

Priceless!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
THIS

One of the greatest plays ever and totally indicative of who and what Maya Moore is. Love the look on Geno's face when they huddle up.
Doug Bruno had coached Maya the prior summer in USA Basketball. After practices has started, maybe about November 1, Doug called his good buddy Geno and said, "Tell me the truth. She's even better than you thought, isn't she?" I don't think Geno knew exactly what he was getting with Maya, but he certainly wasn't disappointed. By the middle of the season, he and CD agreed that Maya was truly special. She was one of a kind.

Reaction Score
mhshuskies: clicked on your WatchESPN site tag and it comes up, but won't play. I have a WatcheESPN subscription so I don't think that is the problem. Anyone have a clue why this game can't be loaded or found? The game is Uconn vs Kentucky, 2013 Regional Final.

Reaction Score
Sonny 44 Did you get the Kentucky vs Uconn to work on WatchESPN. If so, how did you do it?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
2015 NC with ND, KML scored 2-seven straight points, including a 3-pointer in each.
I watched at least 4-5 times.

Near the end of the game: Hard to beat.

Reaction Score
I've searched everywhere - You Tube, WatchESPN, other Uconn sites. No luck. Is there anyone out there that has found this game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can't believe we are this far into the post and no one has nominated the Geno Faris chest bump during the UCONN vs. Duke game.
http://collegespun.com/acc/duke/uco...kelly-faris-during-win-over-duke#.UQFDOmc2Q_w
Actually the whole game was my favorite because Coach P and a Young Duke were so satisfied to go into the locker room at halftime thinking "we got a chance" only to ultimately lose by 30Pts. The UCONN chant of Kelly faris clap, clap, clap was epic. Where is Alex? She capture much better in one of her post than I ever could.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
As far as this year goes, mine would be in the USC game. There were many highlights in that one, including KML brushing off her defender and splashing the three. But here's my favorite:

MoJeff getting a rebound by the USC basket, landing just to the side of the basket, then turning instantly and blasting out of the pack like a photon torpedo AND BEATING EVERYONE ELSE DOWN THE COURT!!!!!!!!!!! for a layup.

OMG.
The funniest part about that was that it was like she was showing Mitchell how it was suppose to be done. After her wild attempt moments before.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Like most everyone else I imagine the boredom of the off-season is setting in and you're starting to watch reruns, right? Usually I watch the final four games, but this year they just don't give me the biggest charge. Not to say they were ho-hum wins, but for me our greatest game was the drubbing of then #1 SCU.
What was your favorite?
This also my favorite. I rewatch it ATLEAST once a week. Along with the post practice interview of Dawn Staley prior to the trip up to CT. I love her comment about the fact that UCONN plays beautiful basketball and how SCar knows what the Huskies will do; but that her team doesn't play like that and she wasn't sure if UCONN could play their kind of ball. If always puzzles me because that pretty much told me they were going to lose. If you think you are going to go to Gampel and force the Huskies to submit to playing ugly basketball you are severely mistaken. They will ground you into submission. It's just the UCONN way.

Reaction Score
Like most everyone else I imagine the boredom of the off-season is setting in and you're starting to watch reruns, right? Usually I watch the final four games, but this year they just don't give me the biggest charge. Not to say they were ho-hum wins, but for me our greatest game was the drubbing of then #1 SCU.
What was your favorite?
My fav is from that game as well, KML crossed and passed an opponent's leg, the opponent fell, KML stepped back and drilled a 3!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I also really enjoyed the Penn State games in both the 12-13' and 13-14' seasons. I thought they were both really entertaining; but the SCar game is just so good. Not even just because of the execution. I rewatch it each week to find new people in the audience who cannot believe what is happening. Usually it's a SCar fan, I even cause a few plays where SCar players were visibly impressed, but in one frame after the brush off 3 by KML you can see Kalana Greene in the background in awe. Just really love that game. If anyone has those Penn State games recorded though I would love to rewatch them. My tapes got messed.

Reaction Score
If you have the time to search you can try Youtube also.
I tried the link several times and couldn't get it to come up. I've also tried YT, but no luck to find the KY game. Hoping someone may have DVD'd it.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
2013 National-Semi final game AKA the ND beatdown. 1) Mogran Tuck 5 defensive switches and 3 block shots in 15 seconds guarding 3 ALL-American players 2) Kelly Faris 3 consective offensive rebounds and a assist to stretch lead from a close 6 points to-11. 3) The Agression that was Bria Hartley-push push punish. 4) Stewie hitting two wide open 3 from the top of the key in the second half. 4) Faris-going out like a Champion all over the court and letting Skylar Diggins know not today! ....
I would love to see that 15 second span by Morgan, do you know approximately when in the game that happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom