What's your favorite replay? | The Boneyard

What's your favorite replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like most everyone else I imagine the boredom of the off-season is setting in and you're starting to watch reruns, right? Usually I watch the final four games, but this year they just don't give me the biggest charge. Not to say they were ho-hum wins, but for me our greatest game was the drubbing of then #1 SCU.
What was your favorite?

Reaction Score
2014 NC @ 14:39 of second half (): A great offensive sequence where Stewie makes a great rebound flip back in play to Mo, Steph sets a screen that Mabrey runs into and flops, then Steph rolls to the hoop to get a put back on a rebound and fouled!

Reaction Score
For pure laughs I like to watch the AAC Tournament semi-final against East Carolina. It looked like the Globetrotters vs the Generals. UConn's first seven baskets were layups, but my favorite play was when Mo stole the inbound pass. Even Brooke Weisbrod, doing color commentary, was giggling watching the game.:D

Reaction Score
MoJeff makes a offensive play and comes right back to make a defensive play jumping over the scorer's table in the process. Off camera, Geno runs up the sideline applauding Mo's efforts. But none of this is the impressive part.

The key is Moriah's glancing toward the bench and seeing Geno's appreciation of her efforts, whereby she breaks out into a big smile. It showed how much the players value Geno's opinion of them and how hard they work to garner his approval.

Reaction Score
This year, Dayton. Just a great game. No other issues. All-time, the 2004 Final Four game against Texas. The play I can watch over and over with no reduction of joy or amazement is Diana's pass to Willnett.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2013 National-Semi final game AKA the ND beatdown. 1) Mogran Tuck 5 defensive switches and 3 block shots in 15 seconds guarding 3 ALL-American players 2) Kelly Faris 3 consective offensive rebounds and a assist to stretch lead from a close 6 points to-11. 3) The Agression that was Bria Hartley-push push punish. 4) Stewie hitting two wide open 3 from the top of the key in the second half. 4) Faris-going out like a Champion all over the court and letting Skylar Diggins know not today! ..............

Reaction Score
From the past season I've watched the Green Bay game a couple of times. A pivotal game I think in the aspect of the team coming together. Stewart being knocked into the scorer's table and Stokes responding with a block fest.

As far as other past seasons.....any of the beat downs UConn put on Tenn are always enjoyable viewing.

Reaction Score
Like most everyone else I imagine the boredom of the off-season is setting in and you're starting to watch reruns, right? Usually I watch the final four games, but this year they just don't give me the biggest charge. Not to say they were ho-hum wins, but for me our greatest game was the drubbing of then #1 SCU.
What was your favorite?
I do long for REAL games but I spend this time until fall watching the best of this year and years gone by. Just watched the Stanford final 4 game of 2 years ago---really enjoyable (while thinking for the lost to them this year--same team,almost). While I think the NC was by far the best game--for many reasons, I loved the Tx game. They were so big in all spots and pretty good shooter, especially their bigs (I think they had 4 over 6'4). This to me was Stewies finest game, KML, Tuck, Mo had big days with Tx, and I especially loved watching Gabby go up against their bigs and win sometimes.

Reaction Score
From the past season I've watched the Green Bay game a couple of times. A pivotal game I think in the aspect of the team coming together. Stewart being knocked into the scorer's table and Stokes responding with a block fest.

As far as other past seasons.....any of the beat downs UConn put on Tenn are always enjoyable viewing.
I must be a masochist---it takes me forever to watch our losses but during this lull I watch them for what I can learn--I loved the Dayton game too --all I learned from that was Dayton shot beyond their abilities.

Reaction Score

2013 National-Semi final game AKA the ND beatdown. 1) Mogran Tuck 5 defensive switches and 3 block shots in 15 seconds guarding 3 ALL-American players 2) Kelly Faris 3 consective offensive rebounds and a assist to stretch lead from a close 6 points to-11. 3) The Agression that was Bria Hartley-push push punish. 4) Stewie hitting two wide open 3 from the top of the key in the second half. 4) Faris-going out like a Champion all over the court and letting Skylar Diggins know not today! ....
After watching Diggins strut and pout and thump her chest after each win against Uconn--I reveled in watching her when she knew the game was lost and she still playing in it. I felt sorry for McBride, she competed without fanfare.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
2013 National-Semi final game AKA the ND beatdown. 1) Mogran Tuck 5 defensive switches and 3 block shots in 15 seconds guarding 3 ALL-American players 2) Kelly Faris 3 consective offensive rebounds and a assist to stretch lead from a close 6 points to-11. 3) The Agression that was Bria Hartley-push push punish. 4) Stewie hitting two wide open 3 from the top of the key in the second half. 4) Faris-going out like a Champion all over the court and letting Skylar Diggins know not today! ....

One of my all-time favorite sequences. The kind that don't get much attention afterward, but that was basically the ballgame. Heart of a champion!

Good for you for noting that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Diana's left-handed shot while falling out of bounds against Tennessee in the 2003 NC game. Who else would even think of doing that? Who else would swish it nonchalantly?

MoJett face guarding Kayla McBride trying to get to the baseline to inbound the ball.

Tina Charles blocking either Jayne Appel or Nneka Ogwumike at the rim, gathering the ball, and tossing the outlet to a streaking Maya Moore, who outreached Jeannette Pollen for the scoop shot basket and a foul. The best players in the country making a big-time play on the biggest stage.

Reaction Score
2002 NC game vs Oklahoma - with 1:31 to go: Clear-out play to DT, she posts up Dionnah Jackson, makes the shot, and fouls out Stacy Dales coming over to help for the and-one (which she makes).

For that play start at 1:15:00 of the video (for a richer experience, start at 1:13:55 for the commentary during Geno's time-out right after an amazing offensive rebounding sequence). Sue/Geno hug at the very end of the vid is priceless.

Reaction Score
Ours is minutes after winning the national championship, watching the national player of the year scrambling around on the basketball floor with a couple of teammates not for a loose ball but confetti to shower on their victorious coach.
One of several reasons we find watching women's game more fun than the men's.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Love the 2002 national semis against Tennessee.

And of course, Baylor-Louisville 2013 (regional semis) is always worth the occasional gander...

Both games are on YouTube.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And of course, Baylor-Louisville 2013 (regional semis) is always worth the occasional gander...

Interesting, I just assumed the poster meant UCONN replays. I can't think of a non-UCONN WCBB replay that I would care to watch.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Interesting, I just assumed the poster meant UCONN replays. I can't think of a non-UCONN WCBB replay that I would care to watch.

I mean, I can think of a few...but y'all know why.

I agree with the OP, I quite enjoyed the win over So. Carolina, which put an end to the rubbish notion that the Gamecocks were #1.

Reaction Score
2014 NC @ 14:39 of second half (): A great offensive sequence where Stewie makes a great rebound flip back in play to Mo, Steph sets a screen that Mabrey runs into and flops, then Steph rolls to the hoop to get a put back on a rebound and fouled!

Also notice the quick pat on the back Dee Kanter gives Stewart acknowledging her effort.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
THIS

One of the greatest plays ever and totally indicative of who and what Maya Moore is. Love the look on Geno's face when they huddle up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Holly Rowe was quoting McGraw about how ND would stop Stewie in the second half. As Holly is speaking... swish.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
2014. National final. With a couple of minutes left, and Huskies up by a boatload, Doris Burke's extemporaneous essay about Geno, Muffet, and "class at the top of the game" was like a hard slap to the face of ND hoops. It was the second one, actually. The first one was on the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
2015 NC with ND, KML scored 2-seven straight points, including a 3-pointer in each.
I watched at least 4-5 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99