What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Swish Appeal now reporting the young woman is pregnant. Must be the other shoe reportedly about to drop. What a nightmare scenario.

I am glad Coach Summitt is likely not able to comprehend the magnitude of this, if that is in fact true. His wife though. My heart breaks for her. High school sweethearts. He married her in the midst of said affair ( if she came from Marquette with him, as is being suggested. )

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This is one reason you can't give a position with so much responsibility to someone so young, though older people have frequently made the same mistake. As far as Pat is concerned, I'm sure she still has lucid moments and she should be told. How awful would it be if she happened upon it on the internet? I'm sure his wife is especially devastated if it was already occurring when they got married.

Reaction Score
He got her pregnant too? God what a mess he's screwed up the lives of 4 people : his, his wife's, the young woman and now a baby's
And the LV fans.
I don't know how much LV fans can take any more.

Reaction Score
He has no future in WBB. How can anyone feel sorry for this creep?
From the standpoint that he allowed this to go on for a while with seeming no concern for the severe consequences for himself, the player, his wife, and everyone else ... No I don't feel sorry.

But in thinking about in a short-term sense, that the world has closed in on him and has nearly destroyed his and other lives at 25, I do feel badly. I hope Others have him on suicide watch.

Reaction Score
He has no future in WBB. How can anyone feel sorry for this creep?
Exactly. It's disgusting and an utter embarrassment for his family- irrespective of the fact that the young girl is his age mate.

I'm astounded at the number of people online who are letting him off the hook and stating that his youth betrayed him. HE IS SELFISH. That's it. It's selfishness that led to his downfall, not his youth. Any 25 year old man with an ounce of integrity and self-respect would have seen that this is entirely unacceptable. As many have stated, I am incredibly devastated that his wife has to live with this...it will be a tough road for her. I pray she finds consolation and peace.

Why was he even given the chance to resign and "wished well"? Why not send the right message and fire him once the news surfaced? The girl is pregnant for goodness sakes. Jeez.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From the standpoint that he allowed this to go on for a while with seeming no concern for the severe consequences for himself, the player, his wife, and everyone else ... No I don't feel sorry.

But in thinking about in a short-term sense, that the world has closed in on him and has nearly destroyed his and other lives at 25, I do feel badly. I hope Others have him on suicide watch.
I wish him no further ill will. This is self-inflicted & disgusting. I will not however, feel bad for him.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Exactly. It's disgusting and an utter embarrassment for his family- irrespective of the fact that the young girl is his age mate.

I'm astounded at the number of people online who are letting him off the hook and stating that his youth betrayed him. HE IS SELFISH. That's it. It's selfishness that led to his downfall, not his youth. Any 25 year old man with an ounce of integrity and self-respect would have seen that this is entirely unacceptable. As many have stated, I am incredibly devastated that his wife has to live with this...it will be a tough road for her. I pray she finds consolation and peace.

Why was he even given the chance to resign and "wished well"? Why not send the right message and fire him once the news surfaced? The girl is pregnant for goodness sakes. Jeez.

If I had to guess, it probably costs the University more to fire him (albeit with cause) than if he resigns. But I don't that area of the law very well. The well-wishing, though...I don't know about that. He did the one thing you absolutely can't do.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
He's ruined his career and probably his marriage as well, but let's face it, Tyler is not going to be hurting financially. His dad is president of a bank [edit: retired] and his mom is Pat Summitt. And he's an only child.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If I had to guess, it probably costs the University more to fire him (albeit with cause) than if he resigns. But I don't that area of the law very well. The well-wishing, though...I don't know about that. He did the one thing you absolutely can't do.
I'm sure there's some kind of morality clause in his contract that if he does anything that violates it, the university he can be fired without having to pay the full amount remaining on that contract.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Maybe he resigned before they could fire him? This all happened pretty quickly.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

It's the South and ill or not, Pat Summit still has friends in high places.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
And the LV fans.
I don't know how much LV fans can take any more.
We should do something nice for them... maybe a fruit basket? Lift their spirits? I do worry for the mental state of some of the TN fans. A certain percentage of them are just so fragile right now.

Reaction Score

Have you never dealt with a HR department?

I'm sure the deal was: resign & agree not to sue and you get to make a statement and we give you some severance OR else. The company prefers the former as it resolves everything immediately.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am stunned by this news. Tyler follows in the footsteps of his mother, the legendary Pat Summitt who is a women's basketball coaching icon. He then commits the one act that almost guarantees he'll never coach women's college basketball again. It's like a Shakespearean tragedy.

Reaction Score
It's tragic for his wife and the player he used and now will throw away. At least he's rich enough to provide adequate child support.

Reaction Score
La Tech won't be the only school in trouble with the NCAA. Gotta think Marquette would get some form of punishment too when they get more into the investigation. Seeing how some reports suggest that it was going on before he took the La Tech job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom