What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like LaTech canned his assistant,Mr. Tippa Canoe and Tyler too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why was he even given the chance to resign and "wished well"? Why not send the right message and fire him once the news surfaced? The girl is pregnant for goodness sakes. Jeez.
It might be possible that the University only knew that there was an affair and not that the affair resulted in a pregnancy.
The pregnancy increases the the liability of the University I would think. Tyler statement also only accepts responsibility for an affair.

Reaction Score
La Tech won't be the only school in trouble with the NCAA. Gotta think Marquette would get some form of punishment too when they get more into the investigation. Seeing how some reports suggest that it was going on before he took the La Tech job.

Why would either school be in trouble with the NCAA? Unless there is a lot more than has been reported, there is nothing that would cause any NCAA involvement.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Tenn fans on Volnation are taking the Tyler developments hard and personal. On top of all the other drama that has gone on in Lady Vol land, over the past several years, perhaps we should start referring to Knoxville as Peyton Place (and I'm not talkin' football).:)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Apparently (or really) you were/are correct from the article posted herein.
Got to say this---he blamed no one other than himself too full responsibility--refreshing.
Question for other Boneyarder's what does his future in WBB look like-???

Extremely bleak. He committed a cardinal sin. As a coach, you can NEVER touch (inappropriately) or have an intimate relationship with a player. He might get a job as an assistant in down the line, after things cool off. A head coaching job (at any level) in the near future is out of the question. He damaged goods. No AD in his right mind would remotely consider hiring him right now. Maybe later, and for a men's team.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
La Tech won't be the only school in trouble with the NCAA. Gotta think Marquette would get some form of punishment too when they get more into the investigation. Seeing how some reports suggest that it was going on before he took the La Tech job.
He was an assistant coach at Marquette, not given the keys to the car, and unless they uncover evidence that anyone on staff at Marquette actually knew what was going on, I think that is a dead end.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It might be possible that the University only knew that there was an affair and not that the affair resulted in a pregnancy.
The pregnancy increases the the liability of the University I would think. Tyler statement also only accepts responsibility for an affair.
I don't think pregnancy affects the liability issue one way or the other for the school - it certainly hurst the PR but not the liability.
Extremely bleak. He committed a cardinal sin. As a coach, you can NEVER touch (inappropriately) or have an intimate relationship with a player. He might get a job as an assistant in down the line, after things cool off. A head coaching job (at any level) in the near future is out of the question. He damaged goods. No AD in his right mind would remotely consider hiring him right now. Maybe later, and for a men's team.
One instance where carrying a famous name is a great hinderance - the publicity will be tremendous which means the memories will last a very long time. He will be toxic at the college level probably for the rest of his life.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Tyler deserves no sympathy but he earned all the humiliation he now faces, plus whatever punishment and isolation that comes his way.

But his poor wife! And Pat! There is a special place in hell for Tyler for the grief he has caused them.

And what about the impregnated "other woman"? She doesn't get a pass, despite her bleak future. There will be no shortage of people to judge her, but I am not one of them.

It's just a damned shame.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He has no future in WBB. How can anyone feel sorry for this creep?
He's young stupid and it was consensual. I don't condone it but I do feel badly for all involved. You don't?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And what about the impregnated "other woman"? She doesn't get a pass, despite her bleak future. There will be no shortage of people to judge her, but I am not one of them.
I am not sure I understand this - wanted to like the post, but if the reports are true and she is one of his players, she definitely gets a pass from me, and is added to your earlier line lamenting his wife and Pat. Being the 'other woman' is I think a harsh statement when it involves a person in authority over her and especially as has been implied it began when she was in her teens.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am not sure I understand this - wanted to like the post, but if the reports are true and she is one of his players, she definitely gets a pass from me, and is added to your earlier line lamenting his wife and Pat. Being the 'other woman' is I think a harsh statement when it involves a person in authority over her and especially as has been implied it began when she was in her teens.

Although young, she was an adult and she was most certainly aware of Tyler's marital status. Available information is limited yet we are led to believe that she was so enamored with her young (married, as of April, 2013) Marquette assistant coach that she followed him to Ruston, Louisiana, when he was hired to coach at LaTech in 2014.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
We should do something nice for them... maybe a fruit basket? Lift their spirits? I do worry for the mental state of some of the TN fans. A certain percentage of them are just so fragile right now.
nah, providing a gift basket will only encourage them to emigrate this way...

Reaction Score
I agree Kibitzer. All except the special place in hell part. Thank goodness Jesus has taken care of that for us. A kind thing about alzheimers disease is that if Pat does hear about this, she won't remember for very long. Men who cheat like this are self centered narcissists. I do feel so sorry for his wife, the pregnant young woman who will be thrown away, and the Louisiana Tech A.D. who hired him.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very sad indeed. Here is a young man who had it all and he blew it up. He had opportunities that others will never have and he wasted them.

I have no sympathy for Tyler at all. I do have sympathy for his wife and this young woman, who it seems, now carries his child.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Tyler deserves no sympathy but he earned all the humiliation he now faces, plus whatever punishment and isolation that comes his way.

But his poor wife! And Pat! There is a special place in hell for Tyler for the grief he has caused them.

It's just a damned shame.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Just an aside - regardless of the young woman's behavior, that relationship can in no way be defined as "consensual". There's a huge power imbalance. Even though they are both of age, Tyler was in a position of power over her and is grossly at fault here.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He's young stupid and it was consensual. I don't condone it but I do feel badly for all involved. You don't?
Young? Not an excuse. Then he was too young to take the job. Stupid?, yes he was, but not an excuse. Consensual? Not when it's a subordinate.

I can't feel badly for him. He's, hopefully, gonna get what he deserves.

Reaction Score
Could it be a twin?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

It's not like he was tearing it up...30 and 31 I believe. He did not earn either position he held in WCBB. Why on God's earth would anyone hire him again as a coach? The "down the line" is a line of infinite length.

Reaction Score
Just an aside - regardless of the young woman's behavior, that relationship can in no way be defined as "consensual". There's a huge power imbalance. Even though they are both of age, Tyler was in a position of power over her and is grossly at fault here.
You are so right! Behavior is only consensual when the power balance is level. Teachers fooling with students, coaches with players, doctors with patients...no way are such relationships consensual irrespective of age differential. Excellent post!

Reaction Score
Although young, she was an adult and she was most certainly aware of Tyler's marital status. Available information is limited yet we are led to believe that she was so enamored with her young (married, as of April, 2013) Marquette assistant coach that she followed him to Ruston, Louisiana, when he was hired to coach at LaTech in 2014.

I've been thinking about this since last night. Yes, Tyler Summitt bears greater responsibility for this, he was her coach & in a position of authority over her. But she was and is certainly old enough to know that you don't become involved with an engaged/married man. She has some culpability here, in the sense that if she is a victim she apparently was a very willing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom