What Will It Take For You to Want PP Back? | The Boneyard

What Will It Take For You to Want PP Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What record would convince you that Pasqualoni deserves more time? For me, it's at least double digit wins.

I don't care to see some modest improvement on 5-7. That's not the point. He's the architect of the multi-year 7 loss seasons in the first place. The real comparison is to a couple of years ago. When PP was hired, what record would you have satisfied you for his third season? He came into a situation where the team had just played in the Fiesta Bowl. If he couldn't parlay that into a ten win season in a crap conference in three years, he's not the guy.

I'd like 10-2 after the regular season but if he gets win #10 in a bowl, it's reason enough to give him a one year extension. Three 11 win seasons in a row and a top 12 finish and he can think about naming his price.

We've entered a critical period in the growth of the program. Anybody who wants to play patty-cake with 8 win seasons can start ordering their "UConn/AAC: Great Pick!" hoodies for the 2025 season.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think an improvement to 8 wins this season, given our schedule, is the high-water mark and would get him another season. I think 8 or 9 wins the following season gets him three years.

pj

Reaction Score
He has to win, but there are so many metrics by which to evaluate a coach and we're not privy to all of them. Above all, there has to be positive movement in all aspects of the football program. Players improving, teamwork improving, recruiting improving, fan experience improving, coaching energy and enthusiasm increasing.

Reaction Score
He has to win, but there are so many metrics by which to evaluate a coach and we're not privy to all of them. Above all, there has to be positive movement in all aspects of the football program. Players improving, teamwork improving, recruiting improving, fan experience improving, coaching energy and enthusiasm increasing.

In all seriousness, the win-loss record is not the biggest factor, though anything short of a bowl game is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned. If we marked improvement in the offense, and growth in the overall performance of the talent I will be comfortable with another year. The program needs to look like a major "we're going to be a real factor" look and feel for me to think this should continue.

Reaction Score
What record would convince you that Pasqualoni deserves more time? For me, it's at least double digit wins.

If he wins 9 against this schedule it would be the best season we have had, and you would want him fired?

IMO 7 regular season wins probably buys another year, 6 is not good enough.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If we get to a bowl P isn't getting fired, it's just not happening.

By rights, if we make a bowl, that probably means P did a good job.

Now after saying both of those statements, for the program to make some noise, P is absolutely not the man for the job.

I want the team to win, don't get me wrong, but unless we bottom out, I think we're destined for mediocrity with P.

Reaction Score
"IF"........ I was the AD, simply a bowl game would not be enough to keep me from making a change. 9-11 wins with us in the hunt for the conference championship on the last week. If UConn isn't #1 in their conference they better be #2.

2014: You have to win the conference and win your bowl game. Anything less and the program is not improving at a acceptable pace.

I want to give the coaching staff the benefit of a doubt, give them three years to get their system in place and their recruits into the rotation. This will be year three.The one thing I won't do is take cheap shots at the coaching staff. It's petty and cheapens the name"UConn fan".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmnn, I'd be willing to accept cash. Coach if you're out there hmu.

pj

Reaction Score
OK, I'll bite as far as records. To me, 3rd straight losing season = fired. 6-6 and bowl -- still unacceptable performance but you have to evaluate whether progress is being made in all facets of the program and if they are then another year. 7-5 again you have to do an evaluation but you give the coach the benefit of the doubt if the problems may be fixable. 8-4 is a successful season, and with most of the talent returning, we can expect an even better year in 2014, so he gets another year.

Reaction Score
If he can personally arrange Kate Upton to suck on my johnson.

Killed me.

Seriously tho, if he pulls 7-5, 8-4 out of his ass id give him more time. But we really took a step back on defense so I dont see it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I believe the retention or dismissal of PP will have less to do with his record this year and everything to do with how serious SH and WM are about moving us to the next level (B1G). If they are serious, limping into a Bowl game still provides a rationale for letting him go. If they're happy with the AAC, improving his record but missing a bowl game can keep him employed.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I was going to say 10 wins... but 8 wins and proof that he's letting Weist do his job. Too me the offense is the key. We've had top 10 defenses with Hank Hughes before... he's a proven commodity. If our offense improves considerably and we win 8 games he probably deserves to stay. If he's unable or unwilling to reduce GDLs influence on the team, and the offense struggles again, then he has to go, even if we get 7 or 8 wins. This is perhaps the most frustrating thing about PP.... he makes good hires. I like literally every single other move he's made on the coaching staff. I think Weist, Day, Don Brown, even keeping Hank Hughes are all excellent moves in my opinion.

Reaction Score
This may be because I'm old, but I would rather have our football program back on the right track.

Sorry guys, but I would totally take a bj from Kate Upton at the expense of our football program.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If it appears that Weist is in fact performing all offensive coordinator duties I may become a bit more open minded on whether we can progress as a program with P in charge.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It really has to be 6-6 or better for this year's record. It's not just the bowl game aspect of this, but also a function of the schedule. Games against Towson, Buffalo, Temple, SMU, and Memphis really should be considered wins due to the talent disparity, and then if you can't find a way to win at least one game....ONE!....out of UCF, Rutgers, Maryland, USF, Michigan, Cincy, or Louisville (when 5 of those games are at home), then it's probably "happy trails" for PP...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
For me, the absolute minimal 2013 season to get me excited (or at least, okay with) for a 2014 PP season would have to include all of the following:

1. increase in average game attendance (should be no problem given our 2013 home schedule);
2. beating Maryland OR Michigan, preferably both (need to show we can play with and beat B1G competition);
3. no losses to any of the following teams: Towson, Buffalo, USF, SMU, Temple, Memphis (a loss to Towson, Buffalo, SMU or Memphis would REALLY sting and should cause for immediate firing);
4. beating Rutgers OR Louisville, preferably both;
5. if 2,3,4 are accomplished, that would get the team to 8 wins and a decent bowl game against a mid-level team from a "top 5" conference...MUST win that bowl game and show we are on par with the 3rd-5th best team in a "top 5 conference";
6. recruiting to continue progressing like it has;
7. clear and decisive evidence that GDL is NOT calling offensive plays (should be evident by the number of predictable 1st down run plays for zero or negative yardage we see throughout the season and insistence on running drive-stalling wildcat packages on drives that we're moving the ball);
8. offensive line improvement: since GDL was left in charge of this one area, if we see no holes to run through and/or a ton of sacks, I want GDL replaced immediately;

It would be nice to see our sidelines with a little more energy on gamedays too. Our seats are behind the visitors sideline and the amount of times I've seen visiting teams dancing and bouncing around (even when losing, ala Temple last year) compared to ours is startling. While I don't think sideline energy equates to wins, I think it helps foster confidence, especially in college football. I want to see an energetic and confident 2013 team that, when a unit is on the sidelines, is chomping at the bit to get on the field and dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom