What is stopping us from being Temple? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What is stopping us from being Temple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this is true then the press should ask the AD about it and get a public answer. We should play by the same rules as the rest of our conference. If not they will be demolishing the Rent in 5 years.

This was hashed out on the-boneyard 5 years ago. Look it up.

Reaction Score
If this is true then the press should ask the AD about it and get a public answer. We should play by the same rules as the rest of our conference. If not they will be demolishing the Rent in 5 years.

I saved you he trouble of looking it up.

Robbie Frey

Reaction Score
I knew about Frey, but that was Grad school and he may have been better off getting his degree in Pa. We need DE's and O lineman, there should be some that can finish getting an undergrad degree at UCONN.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
7 years ago we were two bad hires away from being temple.. now we are but they aren't anymore....

Reaction Score
Q. What is stopping us from being Temple?

A. I would say 1) recruiting (50%); 2) in-game coaching (25%); 3) player-development (25%); Recruiting needs to improve dramatically and immediately and is our most glaring deficiency, IMO. I tend to believe claims by others that our admissions policies are hindering recruiting. If that's the case, we need to relax admissions policies at least until we get a winning tradition established to help attract future recruits. Am I right or am I wrong.

Reaction Score
We think a RKG is a good student, nice kid, and a coachable lad that might do well in life after UConn. They think a RKG is a tough son of a b1tch that can play football and attend some classes while there.

They play games to win, and not to see how the kids are doing in an advanced practice setting.

They have seen the bottom and it scared the bejeezus out of them and they have committed to not going back. We want to get a closer look at the abyss to see if those are fish cakes, a Molotov cocktail, a monster under the bed or a civil conflict.

Reaction Score
Inability to recruit top talent. It has seemed right from the beginning of BCS/FBS participation, a vast majority of UConns commits happen after football is over. We get to choose from what is "left over", or the athletes chose UConn when nothing better offers.

Reaction Score
Inability to recruit top talent. It has seemed right from the beginning of BCS/FBS participation, a vast majority of UConns commits happen after football is over. We get to choose from what is "left over", or the athletes chose UConn when nothing better offers.
I agree we aren't aggressive enough. We need to sell it to the kids and these coaches aren't doing that. We could be a fantastic team its just rebuilding scares a lot of them away. I hate to say it we are still hurting with Edsall going to Maryland. Most will disagree but we need HC and coordinators that can relate to these kids and build a team that can compete. After three years of giving BD a chance the fourth year better be good or he will be out the door.

Reaction Score
You act as if an entertaining and winning team won't sell tickets, it will. We were selling a decent amount of tickets 6 weeks ago.

I literally didn't say a single thing about selling tickets.

Reaction Score
Yeah I haven't been to a game since because literally no one else I know wants to go with me. I can even get free tickets and people won't take them
Same here. The few that went wanted to arrive at kickoff and leave early.
Seems like the older a person, the more likely the interest. Most of the people who I could count on to attend Soccer/Memorial football games in the 80's/90's have retired/moved or are required to work evenings and weekends for much lower wages.

Reaction Score
I literally didn't say a single thing about selling tickets.

My bad, I was kind of answering to a string of things but quoted you. Anyway, your premise that coaches and players win games is 100% accurate. My claim that we should dominate the AAC with our brand recognition was a larger vision of what UConn football can be. A great coach at UConn would create a lot of momentum with the name behind him. UConn is not Temple or ECU in the world of merchandising and recognition. It is much bigger than that and a stellar season or two could really build some growth for the program. Hopefully, we'll find out sometime in the not too distant future.

Reaction Score
Just stop. Dobbs never made it to Temple's campus either... Basically Temple said if you get qualified, we will take you. He never qualified.
Maybe little brother will learn from his mistakes.... 30 touchdowns as a junior for Ansonia this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom