What is likelihood of another championship during Hurley’s new 6 year contract? | The Boneyard

What is likelihood of another championship during Hurley’s new 6 year contract?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I see no reason why we won't continue to recruit at a high level. Hurley has done it already. Championships are hard. It takes a little luck for the bracket to shake out and the games to go correctly, but there's no reason UConn can't win another one. Hopefully we can keep our assistants or at least replace them with equally amazing assistants if they are offered a head job somewhere.

Reaction Score
People always say “championships are hard to win”. Sure, if you’re not UConn.

I would set the O/U at 1.5

And I’m taking the over.

Reaction Score
Agreed that high level recruiting will continue and that luck certainly is a part in how brackets shake out! ( I was worried that they would have to face a team from the Big East who was familiar with UConn's playing style). But that said there must be a greater confidence amongst the present coaches having won the first one!

Reaction Score
We are very spoiled as fans because of the amount of championships we've won, especially in relatively recent history. Winning a championship is hard. There's like 15 coaches in the history of the sport to win more than 1. 6 of those guys have won more than 2, with Jim Calhoun being one of them. And a good chunk of those coaches were winning those rings 50+ years ago

That said, I think Hurley could win it again. He's shown to be elite at recruiting, roster building, gameplanning, and after a midseason hiccup he's shown to be great at adjusting. Those aren't things that will just go away in the near future, and college ball is changing so quickly that the coaches who change with it will be at a big advantage. Wouldn't be surprising if he did, but wouldn't be a knock on his career if he didn't.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If one believes coaching is key, Hurley has a great chance. Since JC's first in '99, six coaches have won 15 of the past 24 championships. Four of them have retired or gone to the NBA (Donovan), leaving only Self as a multiple winner (Pitino's first was '96).

Reaction Score
The chances are good he will get another. He is bringing in elite level athletes. He knows what it takes. He seems to know how to get the best out of his players. He is still surrounded by his dad, Calhoun, Geno and has many top coaches in his circle. He is acting like he is still hungry.

Championships usually require a couple of good bounces, a good draw and some favorable upsets. But if he keeps putting himself in the path of luck, it is more likely than not.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Over under 5 fire Hurley threads if we don’t win one by year 6?

Reaction Score
Sure, why not?
I say minimum one and believe we are now a Top 4 program in no particular order along with Kansas, Duke and Kentucky. In Hurley ( and our great AD) we trust.

Reaction Score
It’s a make it or break it outcome for Hurley. If we discount this year’s magical run, Hurley and company have largely failed, with no worthwhile or meaningful accomplishments. The clock is ticking Danny!
Say what??

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I say minimum one and believe we are now a Top 4 program in no particular order along with Kansas, Duke and Kentucky. In Hurley ( and our great AD) we trust.
I honestly think this year’s team going to win it all, if they stay healthy.

Reaction Score
Aw, man. I don't like guaranteed. Winning titles is hard. Izzo only has one. Same with Self and the Squid. I like "Why not?"
My reply was deep sarcasm. It is hard to convey thru words.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom