What is likelihood of another championship during Hurley’s new 6 year contract? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What is likelihood of another championship during Hurley’s new 6 year contract?

Reaction Score
Revisit this on New Year’s Day…

Enjoy the success. Take it as it comes…

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This. The basketball gods have smiled on us a couple times so our perspective is out of whack. Look at Izzo. He’s revered in the college basketball world and he’s got one in almost 30 years at MSU.
That’s because, like Beohiem was, he’s a choke artist when it counts…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This will be the last year with this current staff. Unfortunate. But that is a byproduct of success. Hurley is gobsmacked that Luke and Kimani aren’t ALREADY head coaches.
To be honest, so am I.

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread, but feel it belongs here as well….

I think this one could be argued as the most impactful when we look at this in 10 years time.

The timing of this championship with the NIL landscape continuing to be the Wild West for probably 1-2 more years gives us a huge advantage, especially since we are doing it “the right way.”

This ‘24 class will be a huge factor for our future sustained success, and Hurley undoubtedly knows it. Abraham, Nowell, Ngognba, and a Flagg reclass(?) could be the greatest haul we’ve ever had. (
Also gives us a chance to win again, quickly)

Plus of course, throw in the theoretical Big 12 move. It would rejuvenate our athletic department and would give Hurley an even larger budget to operate with.

This is of course the blue glasses point of view outcome, but it is possible and more than a pipe dream.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I honestly think this year’s team going to win it all, if they stay healthy.
Great shout about staying healthy. Geno’s team looked great about this time last year. Hard work, talent and a little luck are the three items you need.
With that said I’ll take a title 1 more time in the next 4 years.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does Hurley win 2 before Cuse and PC win one?
I personally believe that given a betting choice between UConn or the other ten members of the BE as being the next to win a national title the odds would put us ahead of the field; by a decent margin.

Reaction Score
Spoiled fanbase we are. Incredibly hard thing to do. Just ask all the other schools on the outside looking in who are all trying hard as hell to do this.

Reaction Score
If I was making a market for this as a prop bet I'd consider UConn fair value of +2500 on average (3.85%). Over the course of a 6 year contract that would come out to 21% chance at another title. 2% chance of 2+ titles...

Reaction Score
1689535672727.gif

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Nerd alert

If UConn enters each of the 6 seasons with top 10 odds that puts them at +1700 on average or a 1/17 probability which equates to a ~30% chance they win once in 6 years.
I was about to do the math. Thanks for taking care of it. Love the stats.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Spoiled fanbase we are. Incredibly hard thing to do. Just ask all the other schools on the outside looking in who are all trying hard as hell to do this.
Spoiled AND arrogant. Wait til Cooley steps foot in our building next year.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I personally believe that given a betting choice between UConn or the other ten members of the BE as being the next to win a national title the odds would put us ahead of the field; by a decent margin.
I’m taking us, Marquette, and Creighton next year to win it all. Go UConn and go BE!!!

Reaction Score
For this upcoming season fair odds (using Circa) are as follows:

UConn - 5.1%
Marquette - 3.8%
Creighton - 2.7%
Nova - 3.2%
Xavier - 1.4%
St. Johns - 1.1%
The Rest - somewhat negligible and all well below 1%

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Depends are you counting the ones started by @WeAreUCONN?
Hey! I resemble that comment. The clock is ticking on Danny and the program. We want results now. I better not have to wait 6 years for another title.

Reaction Score
It takes a lot of good breaks. This year I’m hoping for/expecting a big east tournament championship. That’s what I want most

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey! I resemble that comment. The clock is ticking on Danny and the program. We want results now. I better not have to wait 6 years for another title.
I'm just not sure if you are your own parody account at this point. If not, wow.

Reaction Score
I'm just not sure if you are your own parody account at this point. If not, wow.
Yeah its been months now of he/she leaning into the ”look how terrible a poster I am“ gag, which amazingly is somehow even worse than the serious posts they made, because those were the worst. I’m assuming they believe it’s funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom