We're good | Page 5 | The Boneyard

We're good

Reaction Score
This was just a really, really fun game of basketball to watch. Both teams have high-level defense. Toughness all over the court. Smart offense. Great coaching. We made a run when we needed to and had the shooting and post-play to pull off the run.

Reaction Score
1669438154139.gif

Reaction Score
In the last two days
-beat Oregon by 25 when Adama scored 12
-beat Alabama by 15 when Hawkins sat during our best stretch

Yeah this teams good

caw

Reaction Score
In the last two days
-beat Oregon by 25 when Adama scored 12
-beat Alabama by 15 when Hawkins sat during our best stretch

Yeah this teams good

And one of these days Alleyne will hopefully get his touch back. He's literally over 10 percentage points below his career average. When that happens, watch out.

Reaction Score
And one of these days Alleyne will hopefully get his touch back. He's literally over 10 percentage points below his career average. When that happens, watch out.
Had a couple rim out on him early tonight, he'll get it going eventually

Reaction Score
This guy Kyle Boone from CBSSports.com was on to something early. From November 7. Gotta give him credit.

8. UConn earns highest tourney seed since last Calhoun title

Legally, I am obligated to inform you that I have officially gone full stan for Dan Hurley and UConn this season and I don't care who knows it. All-in. Will be a challenger to Creighton in the Big East and the clear No. 2 in the league ahead of Villanova. Is it bold? Based on how my colleagues see things, maybe. But do I believe it? Absolutely.

I'm willing to double down on my Huskies love by going as far as to say they will either tie or best their highest NCAA Tournament seed since their last Jim Calhoun championship (they were a 3 seed and won it in 2011). To quote the legend Nelson Knapke: Adama Sanogo? Dog. Andre Jackson Jr? Dog. Oh, and Dan Hurley? He's a dog, too.

This roster is stacked, this coaching staff is arguably the best in the Big East and
its prospects for this season are way, way higher than anyone is willing to admit.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This guy Kyle Boone from CBSSports.com was on to something early. From November 7. Gotta give him credit.

8. UConn earns highest tourney seed since last Calhoun title

Legally, I am obligated to inform you that I have officially gone full stan for Dan Hurley and UConn this season and I don't care who knows it. All-in. Will be a challenger to Creighton in the Big East and the clear No. 2 in the league ahead of Villanova. Is it bold? Based on how my colleagues see things, maybe. But do I believe it? Absolutely.

I'm willing to double down on my Huskies love by going as far as to say they will either tie or best their highest NCAA Tournament seed since their last Jim Calhoun championship (they were a 3 seed and won it in 2011). To quote the legend Nelson Knapke: Adama Sanogo? Dog. Andre Jackson Jr? Dog. Oh, and Dan Hurley? He's a dog, too.

This roster is stacked, this coaching staff is arguably the best in the Big East and
its prospects for this season are way, way higher than anyone is willing to admit.

Holy $#!t... prophetic. He nailed it.

Reaction Score
This roster is stacked, this coaching staff is arguably the best in the Big East and its prospects for this season are way, way higher than anyone is willing to admit.

I was thinking about the staff earlier today.

Do we have the best group of assistants in the country? We lost Bouknight and our offense still got noticeably better after Luke Murray came in. Tom Moore is a rebounding wizard with Calhoun DNA. Kimani Young beat Wright and Nova last year. All 3 can recruit.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My initial impression of him is that he shoots too quickly, and therefore isn't taking good shots, which is more like we saw in the past several years.

My hope is that he can settle down some and match this team's developing rhythm, which leverages its versatility and displays growing confidence.

I have similar thoughts about Diarra, and liked that he drained his late free throws with a sense of ease.

Reaction Score
I did not expect both Karaban and Clingan to be this good right out of the gate.
Clinigan no but I had high expectations for Karaban based on early reports and watching him on tape. He looked like a complete player and he is just scratching the surface how good he could be like Clingan. Exciting stuff.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain why he continues to start over Andre?

Reaction Score
I tried to tell you guys this entire offseason that we were National Championship contenders and was met with constant criticism on here. Don’t question my UConn intuition next time. Huskies

Reaction Score
Chances are, not to your satisfaction, but I'll venture to say that it relates to AJax not being yet considered 100% in his earliest games back from the broken pinky.
Jackson will probably be back in the starting lineup after the PK85 is over. He missed like 5-6 weeks, it’s gonna take him a couple more games to get back into the groove

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I tried to tell you guys this entire offseason that we were National Championship contenders and was met with constant criticism on here. Don’t question my UConn intuition next time. Huskies
You said that after Auburn last year too.

Edit: I really do appreciate your enthusiasm though. But this was after some blowouts against scrubs last year. Took 5 seconds to find.

Some people here act like it’s unfathomable that we can have championship aspirations again even though we’ve literally seen what a championship team looks like multiple times. This team has the pieces to go that deep and no one can tell me otherwise. They are so damn talented and their defense is unfair. I don’t care if they haven’t had a real test yet - you know what kind of team beats 3 D1 teams by an average of 45 points? A championship team.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Chances are, not to your satisfaction, but I'll venture to say that it relates to AJax not being yet considered 100% in his earliest games back from the broken pinky.
I mean, he’s looked good enough when he played. Alleyne hasn’t exactly been lights out as a starter so I don’t see what he brings as a starter Andre couldn’t.

We seem to get a huge lift when Andre comes in every time. Doesn’t make sense to me but we’re winning so whatever.

Reaction Score
We have so many weapons on both sides of the floor. I can not remember a UConn team so well balanced as this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom