We're good | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We're good

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Andre is even close to going to the league at this point. Hopefully another summer and he can build his shot a bit more.
Not just directed at you but I am not as concerned about AJ’s play as others in this forum.

The kid gets injured before secret scrimmages and doesn’t get to even practice with the team until November 17th a total of eight days of trying to get back to game form counting the day of this game. And in several of those days his minutes were limited.

I’ll reserve judgment for at least three more weeks. All the more so because Hurley has been spot on his statements about the players and team this entire season and before Andre got hurt he and the coaches were raving about him.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
That play where Newton went coast to coast and took it to the rim. He’s got great poise and a confident ball handler. He’s going to be out calming presence
Newton's the blue pill, AJAX the red.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We looked very good. We'll get a better test tonight. I saw three teams in Maui this week, probably three more in Portland that look to have final four potential. Still have to win the games you have to win and stay healthy. Could be a fun ride though.

Reaction Score
While UConn played well that wasn't a complete Oregon team. But again, UConn played really well. Alabama is one of the four teams in the SEC good enough to be a 1 seed so excited to see how we look tonight. Going to be tough playing on less than 24 hours rest but that's one of the benefits of having 10 guys we could play (also helps that Alabama had to play even later). We have the chance for a couple of resume building wins tonight and Sunday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny seeing the experts here downgrading the Oregon win. The Athletic ranked Houston 2nd this week, mostly because they won at Oregon: "That’s how good we think Houston is: If Houston travels across the country to your gym and you play a competitive game in which you dont get blown out, which Houston eventually wins by the gentleman’s 10 (66-56), we kind of automatically assume you must be pretty good. Again: It’s really hard to win on the road!"

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Funny seeing the experts here downgrading the Oregon win. The Athletic ranked Houston 2nd this week, mostly because they won at Oregon: "That’s how good we think Houston is: If Houston travels across the country to your gym and you play a competitive game in which you dont get blown out, which Houston eventually wins by the gentleman’s 10 (66-56), we kind of automatically assume you must be pretty good. Again: It’s really hard to win on the road!"
Everybody's entitled to an opinion... Nice thing about this one, I guess, is it makes a case for the Huskies being #1. My guess is the Athletic will be less impressed with wins over Oregon next week, but that's just my opinion, man.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Houston had to go and win on that abomination of a basketball court at Oregon. That thing triggers migraines, vertigo, and nausea just watching on TV. Luckily, we didn’t have to play them on that embarrassment to basketball courts.

Reaction Score
I want to win the game tonight but just make it competitive. Not worried about this team that much because we have a lot of talented players and many who can make the 3. You HAVE to have that to go anywhere in March and so many years we have been deficient in that. It becomes a chess match for Hurley to be able to have the right personnel who are hot that day. Defense is Hurley’s thing so that can keep you in games when cold. We also have a lot of disrupters, guys who can get their hands on the ball for turnovers. Fouls are a big issue because of the tight defense we play. Saw that last night.
‘Even with this roster bad games can always happen so I don’t want to put too much on tonight, no live or die game.

caw

Reaction Score
Clingan? No it was within the flow of the offense and we've expected he'd have range out to the 3pt line moreso than Sanogo. I think he needs more reps in practice to get the green light to bring that to games.
Stupid auto correct.

Reaction Score
Not just directed at you but I am not as concerned about AJ’s play as others in this forum.

The kid gets injured before secret scrimmages and doesn’t get to even practice with the team until November 17th a total of eight days of trying to get back to game form counting the day of this game. And in several of those days his minutes were limited.

I’ll reserve judgment for at least three more weeks. All the more so because Hurley has been spot on his statements about the players and team this entire season and before Andre got hurt he and the coaches were raving about him.

He is not playing well and turning the ball over way too much and he is still very obviously a net positive. He is not in danger of losing his starting spot and that strikes me as an insane take.

Reaction Score
1) Sanogo is an absolute freak worker. He's a machine.
2) Sanogo started from nothing and built a shot correctly. Jackson had an established shot, and it's much harder to tweak to make effective. He probably should have built from ground up, but it's really hard to unlearn. Takes more than a summer and we needed him to shoot asap (and he wants to make pros asap).

2 Summers and lots of money on the line. It’s a shame.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
2 Summers and lots of money on the line. It’s a shame.
I remember after the first game, all the posters said that Hurley failed again to bring in shooters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He had open 3’s passed up which tells me something, that he trusts others more to make them. He did make them last year but they are kind of shots that need space. They must have tried to change his shot but it didn’t take. He has a floater for a pull up not a jumper. With all that he does many great things out there.

Reaction Score
I remember after the first game, all the posters said that Hurley failed again to bring in shooters.

That was a silly take from the get-go. Alleyne, Calcaterra, Karaban were all well known shooters when they were being recruited. That's WHY they were recruited. Newton was okay at ECU, but the signs were there he could improve if he wasn't the #1 through #7 option on his team offensively. Good FT shooting, good form, tough shotmaking.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He is not playing well and turning the ball over way too much and he is still very obviously a net positive. He is not in danger of losing his starting spot and that strikes me as an insane take.
Well, technically, he’s not a starter right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was a silly take from the get-go. Alleyne, Calcaterra, Karaban were all well known shooters when they were being recruited. That's WHY they were recruited. Newton was okay at ECU, but the signs were there he could improve if he wasn't the #1 through #7 option on his team offensively. Good FT shooting, good form, tough shotmaking.
I guess the point is many folks make judgements on too small of a sample size. Like in the chat room. I swear yesterday you woulda thought we were losing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom