Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How often did you hear "Maryland can compete with Ohio State" leading up to this game? Or did you hear, "Looking forward to the Ohio State/Iowa rematch!" over and over again?
I’m sure the fact that they were 41-3 against the rest of the conference didn’t play a role at all.

Reaction Score
I’m sure the fact that they were 41-3 against the rest of the conference didn’t play a role at all.
Remind me--what's South Carolina's record? And did we hear that they'd simply steamroll the rest of the conference in the SEC Tournament? No, we're hearing that LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and even TAMU (until an hour ago) have/had a shot.

There's a difference between acknowledging a favorite or two and claiming that others don't even have a chance and shouldn't show up. The B1G does the latter. It hurts the perception of their league.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ND wraps up hosting with their W today. And they’ll be favored over VT without Kitley.

I thought for sure OhioSt was a 1 seed, but today’s clunker really could push them to a 2, esp if Iowa UCLA Tex win their tourneys.

OSU lost, lost badly (by 21), and lost to a B1G 8 seed. They may be lucky to have a 2 seed. They were abysmal against a mediocre team.

Reaction Score
VT 36-33 at end of 3. First to 40 wins?

Iowa fans: that’s a pretty good first quarter.

Reaction Score
OSU lost, lost badly (by 21), and lost to a B1G 8 seed. They may be lucky to have a 2 seed. They were abysmal against a mediocre team.
They still won the B1G regular season title, so that means something. They're a 2 seed with a good resume. I'm wondering, though, if this loss (and a potential Iowa loss) could pave the way for UCLA and Stanford to both be #1s should they both make the finals of the Pac-12 tournament.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
A team is not evaluated based on one game. The committee will rank them somewhere in the 4-7 range, so a low 1 or a 2 seed.
I think a lot will depend on what happens with Iowa in the BTT who has a tough opener against Penn St. or what happens in other conference tournaments. I don't see them falling off the 2 line but if there are a lot of upsets a 1 is still possible.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
"Looking"? Not sure if they were to be honest after last season. Chalked it up to being year 1, but not sure now
I'll be interested to see if she does only stay in school for three seasons. That was her plan but with injury and a lack of team success, I'm not sure she's really had a chance to wow scouts outside of her potential.

Reaction Score
I'll be interested to see if she does only stay in school for three seasons. That was her plan but with injury and a lack of team success, I'm not sure she's really had a chance to wow scouts outside of her potential.
Did she make any SEC team?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They still won the B1G regular season title, so that means something. They're a 2 seed with a good resume. I'm wondering, though, if this loss (and a potential Iowa loss) could pave the way for UCLA and Stanford to both be #1s should they both make the finals of the Pac-12 tournament.
UCLA and Stanford were both 1 seeds in the last reveal even when Ohio State was 2 overall. For sure it can happen.

Reaction Score
Very bizarre T called on Katie Meier. Thankfully won’t affect outcome. Methinks some official is thin skinned.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Did she make any SEC team?
She made All Freshmen [an eight person team] last year but no TAMU player received and SEC accolades this season.

Edit: She was a preseason First Teamer this season, not that that really means anything.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Was there a sale on charcoal uniforms with gold lettering? Why did both BC and Miami have them?
And how does Miami, whose colors are green, orange, & white, end up with charcoal and gold?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Charcoal grey is the new black?

Like the black and silver UConn unis. Ick.

Reaction Score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Charcoal grey is the new black?

Like the black and silver UConn unis. Ick.
Charcoal is an awful uni color. Only better than gray.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the SoCon semi-finals UNCG showed once again why they are to be feared by winning 72-62 over a pesky Wofford team. Sundays championship game will feature conference powerhouse Chattanooga vs the only conference team to beat them this season.

Once again, real Spartans reside in Greensboro, not East Lansing or San Jose.

7-55-XL7502.jpg

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
A team is not evaluated based on one game. The committee will rank them somewhere in the 4-7 range, so a low 1 or a 2 seed.
I have a hard time seeing how they end up a one seed unless Texas flops early in the Big 12, Iowa falls before the B1G final, and Oregon State wins the Pac. Any of Stanford/fUCLA/U$C will go ahead of tOSU (possibly two), and I think Iowa and Texas will have more compelling resumes if they win out.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Maybe.

What if USC beats UCLA today and the Stanford or Oregon State in the championship game? USC already beat them both once before, I believe.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Tenn rolling over Bama 44-29, headed towards SC TN 3.0.

I think Kim will have something to say about that (assuming her team gets past Auburn first)! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom