Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okie St.-TCU going down to the wire. Haven't seen Gusters on the floor at all. Prince should be dominating because OSU has no size to guard her with, but she's not having a good game.

Reaction Score
Maybe.

What if USC beats UCLA today and the Stanford or Oregon State in the championship game? USC already beat them both once before, I believe.
It looks like the Pac-12 will get two #1 seeds as long as Stanford makes the finals (doesn't matter who they meet). The last #1 would come down to Texas (with a Big 12 tourney title) or Iowa (with a B1G tourney title), as TheFarmFan indicated.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What a difference a day makes. After struggling to get past their first round game, Nebraska is blowing the doors off Michigan St.

Reaction Score
I think Kim will have something to say about that (assuming her team gets past Auburn first)! :p
LSU is on the other side of the bracket.
SC-Tenn is semifinal 1 tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing how they end up a one seed unless Texas flops early in the Big 12, Iowa falls before the B1G final, and Oregon State wins the Pac. Any of Stanford/fUCLA/U$C will go ahead of tOSU (possibly two), and I think Iowa and Texas will have more compelling resumes if they win out.
I said 4-7. So likely 5-6, but 4 or 7 are possible based on what else happens.

SC is a lock. Stanford is a 99% lock.
If USC beats UCLA and loses in title, and Iowa & Tex both dont win title, it's not at all clear who the last two #1 seeds are. I'd consider OhioSt in the discussion.

Reaction Score
Impressive win for VT over Miami! Amoore is a talent for sure. Strack played well against Miami's frontline.
Was surprised by the drastic difference in Lattimore's performance compared to yesterday. Not sure if it was entirely Strack but 4 points with 0 rebounds after her performance yesterday against UNC was something I didn't expect.

Reaction Score
What a difference a day makes. After struggling to get past their first round game, Nebraska is blowing the doors off Michigan St.
Yes and no. This game is a repeat of their match up this season. Mich State's lack of a true big is a problem when they have Markowski to deal with.

Reaction Score
Yes and no. This game is a repeat of their match up this season. Mich State's lack of a true big is a problem when they have Markowski to deal with.
This is true. I also think that Jaz Shelley's better than MSU's guards.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Michigan St. cut the deficit from 20 to 10 in Q4. Markowski was on the bench w/ 4 fouls for most of that. She returned and stabilized the Huskers. Lead is at 11 w/ about 30 seconds left.

Reaction Score
I think Kim will have something to say about that (assuming her team gets past Auburn first)! :p
LSU is on the opposite side of the bracket as Tennessee. The Lady Vols were the 5th seed and just beat the 4th seed (Bama), so now they play South Carolina in the semifinals, which will be their third game this season. That's why the poster said SC TN 3.0.

Reaction Score
This is true. I also think that Jaz Shelley's better than MSU's guards.
That's possible too, however my point was more about Aryault and Ozment having to be post players when they're really guards/wings. Having a big, like Alexander gives Markowski a tougher challenge inside offensively and defensively. Having Aryault and Ozment play more of their natural position changes how their offense could flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom