Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ND doubling up Louisville 34-17 at the half. If the results hold, the Selection Committee will have a TIME trying to figure out what to do with this Cardinals team. They look like a double-digit seed at the moment. I'm hoping that they end up being chicken feed for my girls, but we'll see.
Louisville probably a 6 seed. For sure no lower than 7.

Reaction Score
#1 seed Ohio State down by 13 to start the 4th vs 9-9 Maryland. Maryland had a 20 point lead a couple of minutes ago but OSU at least closed it some with a run.

Reaction Score
Louisville probably a 6 seed. For sure no lower than 7.

You sure about that?
I haven’t looked at the whole bracket, so I don’t know how the stand relatively, but their recent performance has been poor: loss to UVa, 2 very close wins over BC. Only decent win is at home over FSU. Wouldn’t be surprised if they end up lower.

Reaction Score
ND wraps up hosting with their W today. And they’ll be favored over VT without Kitley.

I thought for sure OhioSt was a 1 seed, but today’s clunker really could push them to a 2, esp if Iowa UCLA Tex win their tourneys.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You sure about that?
I haven’t looked at the whole bracket, so I don’t know how the stand relatively, but their recent performance has been poor: loss to UVa, 2 very close wins over BC. Only decent win is at home over FSU. Wouldn’t be surprised if they end up lower.
Yep, I'm pretty sure on this. No lower than 7. Unless the current 7 and 8 seeds do some really amazing things in the next two days ...

Reaction Score
Yep, I'm sure. No lower than 7. Unless the current 7 and 8 seeds do some really amazing things in the next two days ...
Like, Duke? I'm sensing an ACCT run.

Reaction Score
What a faceplant by the Buckeyes. Game's over and announcers keep talking 'It's go time for Ohio State". Three minutes left and Maryland up by 18. "Go time" was 15 minutes ago.
Because the B1G conference doesn't want nor do they promote parity. Other conferences have no problem with touting the competitive nature of their conference. B1G can't do that because they want those Top 3 to shine.

I've heard the Pac-12, ACC, and SEC announcers go on and on about how tough their conferences are and how teams from the middle/bottom can compete with teams at the top. Meanwhile, you have Meghan McKeown going on and on about how nobody can beat Ohio State, Iowa, or Indiana. Why not? Those aren't Final Four teams, IMO.

Reaction Score
What a faceplant by the Buckeyes. Game's over and announcers keep talking 'It's go time for Ohio State". Three minutes left and Maryland up by 18. "Go time" was 15 minutes ago.
I think they’re just trying to keep folks from changing the dial by suggesting that OSU could come back.

Reaction Score
Because the B1G conference doesn't want nor do they promote parity. Other conferences have no problem with touting the competitive nature of their conference. B1G can't do that because they want those Top 3 to shine.

Huh?

Reaction Score
Huh?
How often did you hear "Maryland can compete with Ohio State" leading up to this game? Or did you hear, "Looking forward to the Ohio State/Iowa rematch!" over and over again?

Reaction Score

I've heard the Pac-12, ACC, and SEC announcers go on and on about how tough their conferences are and how teams from the middle/bottom can compete with teams at the top. Meanwhile, you have Meghan McKeown going on and on about how nobody can beat Ohio State, Iowa, or Indiana. Why not? Those aren't Final Four teams, IMO.

Yup. Big Ten is all "Ohio State something something Michign something Penn State something something" in all sports. Will be interesting to see the impact of USC and UCLA and company next season across the board.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is this the first major upset of the conference tourneys?

I believed Maryland was in after their win yesterday, but this huge win today probably pushes them up to a 10 seed IMO. If they win tomorrow (a winnable game vs MSU or NE) they possibly could land in the 8-9 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom