We can’t guard Nova man to man | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We can’t guard Nova man to man

Reaction Score
I would like to see him mix in more Jackson on Gillespie early on. He wasn't shooting jumpers tonight. That said, they held him under 10 points. Kid just doesn't panic. Cole had a good game as well. Some night you just tip your cap and take the L.
Well except for those wide open 3's when we needed them. Those are emotion killers. Cole was not cold-blooded today and Sanogo just look tired for a second game.

Reaction Score
How many 1-2 foot point blank shots were missed by UConn? How many free throws were missed? A lot came during crucial/momentum swinging moments as well. Ball game.
Don't forget those two wide open 3's and 1 by Martin that was missed. You can't do that in big games. If we just hit one we would have gone into OT.

Reaction Score
This team thinks they are better than they are - a lot like their coach. I hate it when DH celebrates with the team like we won the NCAA championship, the only problem is that there is 12 minutes left IN THE FIRST HALF. Celebrate after the game IF you win.
Great analysis………

Reaction Score
Gillespie is an assist machine
He’s typically not tho. We turned him into one. Took away his scoring. Rather him pass than shoot all day. That put us in position to win but we couldn’t make layups.

Reaction Score
Nova's whole damn team eats too much peanut butter. They're thick as hell like a damn football team.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
Sanogo and Whaley in-close Yips (6 for 18). Cole bad night shooting (1-6 3s) 11 pts. total. Had 8 assists to compensate. 8 for 13 FTs Huskies vs. 7 for 8 Cats.

Reaction Score
We gave up 8 3’s in the first half alone lol. On offense everything they get is easy or wide open. Every point we score is hard. It’s a big difference. Trust me when I tell you we gave up over 10 WIDE open 3’s where our defense broke down. Yes defense was most definitely a problem. That’s literally half of their points.
1 point game at the half. We only gave up 2- 3’s second half. We had 8- 3’s also. These 2 teams are close. They get easier and better shots, we have board edge.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This team thinks they are better than they are - a lot like their coach. I hate it when DH celebrates with the team like we won the NCAA championship, the only problem is that there is 12 minutes left IN THE FIRST HALF. Celebrate after the game IF you win.
The least you could do is have the courtesy to let people here know which Valley you're referring to and what team you root for.
See this is the problem. People really think our man to man defense is just so dominant. It is against certain teams. We ain’t played Villanova 1 single time this year and had complete control of the game. Villanova wants to break you down and kick for wide open shots. We actually be giving them exactly what they want. They are not a big team, and we are one of the better rebounding teams in the country. I’m telling y’all playing an extended zone against them would do wonders for us.
I've heard it said that sometimes the best response is simply, "You may be right..."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom