We’re wearing the wrong shoes. | The Boneyard

We’re wearing the wrong shoes.

Reaction Score
I’m not one for excuses but on every big play and scoring touchdown by Fresno, our defenders have slipped and/or stumbled. I reran each play in slow motion—and it’s a joke. It’s the classic problem of wearing the wrong footwear for this field. Incredible lack of scouting by our staff.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I’m not one for excuses but on every big play and scoring touchdown by Fresno, our defenders have slipped and/or stumbled. I reran each play in slow motion—and it’s a joke. It’s the classic problem of wearing the wrong footwear for this field. Incredible lack of scouting by our staff.
Seriously gfy with this bull spit excuse.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He's right, our guys are slipping all over the place. I'm not saying it would make a difference. But the observation of the original poster is correct. Give him his due.
It's not an excuse then it's 31-0.

Reaction Score
It’s not an excuse but it’s no bull either. We have no traction as we reach for a tackle or try and cut as a running back. And it shows mostly on D. Chuckle if you want but if you don’t see it, it’s on you, not me.

Reaction Score
You got this premise backwards. UConn has the wrong players in perfectly good footwear.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Did Jack’s shoes overthrow those deep balls that missed wide open receivers?

Reaction Score
This is where we are at folks. 2 years off to make gainz, thwarted by… footwear. Embarrassing.
The coaching staff should be embarrassed. Did UConn hold a practice on this field prior to today?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
1630183569418.gif

Reaction Score
Yes it was. Mensah and Carter were slipping on all of their cuts. I'm not saying it would have resulted in significantly more yards, but the RB were definitely slipping in the first quarter.
I think it’s a combination of a slippery field and playing in temperatures near 120. Granted, Fresno St is playing on the same field but they practice here every day. UConn played ok in the 1st quarter, got hosed by the refs on the 1st td, and the heat is what may have caused this team to, as someone else posted, “just wilted”, after 25 minutes on the field.

Reaction Score
I think it’s a combination of a slippery field and playing in temperatures near 120. Granted, Fresno St is playing on the same field but they practice here every day. UConn played ok in the 1st quarter, got hosed by the refs on the 1st td, and the heat is what may have caused this team to, as someone else posted, “just wilted”, after 25 minutes on the field.
Jack Zergiotis has hurt us probably the most so far. He's been missing wide open receivers all day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom