We’re wearing the wrong shoes. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We’re wearing the wrong shoes.

Reaction Score
The guys are slipping all over the place. The OP simply made a factual observation. I would assume this is something that's researched for every game but maybe it was the short week between games. Even Steven Krajewski on the option run. Cut and fall.

Reaction Score
You guys, stop. This cannot be a serious conversation

Because you don't like it'? Maybe move on to another thread that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
Not sure if you get the fact that materials change drastically when the temps are extreme. I've had running shoes that were too stiff to run on in the winter but softened up considerably in the 80's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let’s give HCRE more $$$ to hire a footwear coach. That would really get us on the right track! (pun intended)

Reaction Score
The shoes were an issue. Fresno had backup shoes in every size in case they were actually melting. They dealt with it before. Melting. We suck, but we were slipping every time our guys planted their feet to explode. I have a feeling they felt like they were wearing plastic cleats on asphalt.

Regardless, this blowout is on Randy for playing 1940’s football and choosing the QB that doesn’t have basic fundamentals down. What a mess.

Reaction Score
Because you don't like it'? Maybe move on to another thread that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
Not sure if you get the fact that materials change drastically when the temps are extreme. I've had running shoes that were too stiff to run on in the winter but softened up considerably in the 80's.
My Nikes came apart earlier this summer, granted they had had about a year of usage. They were Air Max 360’s, ran in mid morning with forecast highs of 96-98, air temps were about 88-89 when I ran, the upper sole separated from the bottom sole. Had pair of flip flops. Lol. Bought some silicone adhesive and carefully pressed them together, using a cement block. Gave me another week of usage until I had to get rid of them.

Reaction Score
He’s not wrong.
Not wrong about what? That they DID get blown out? I would’ve asked, why on earth did you not take Jack Zergiotis out and put in Steven Krajewski? I also would have asked who was responsible for the stupid play calling? Did you practice on this field a day or two before game time?

Reaction Score
The announcers said that Fresno had back up shoes in case there soles melted.

Reaction Score
45-0 was an embarrassment of incredible proportions. After all, we were all expecting a much better effort, even with the outcome being a probable loss. But the question hangs out there—was that outcome the true reflection of our abilities? I say no way.
And well, well. After the game one of our players said playing on that field was “like playing on ice”. When your feet are unstable everything is affected, the QB throwing the ball, the O line blocking up front, the RB’s and DB’s making a cut, you name it. Fresno had the cleats to deal with it. “They were driving on snow tires while our tires were bald”. “No traction—no reaction”. “Picture a sidewalk after a freezing rain, you’re in dress shoes trying to chase a guy who stole your wallet.”

Now, was that why we lost the game? No. For one, Giufre’s play calling was abysmal. But did the slick field contribute to a sickening 100 yd offensive day and a 45-0 outcome? Absolutely. There’s no question it was a factor. Perhaps even more so than my original observation. .
There’s a reason we’re so upset. It’s like the Twitter guy said” You had two years to prepare for that game.” My sense is that the initial proof of our improvement will come Saturday when we clobber Holy Cross. Let’s see how we play over the next few games. I’m betting we’ll be much improved and look back on Fresno as the 120 degree aberration that it was. If I’m wrong, I’ll deservedly suffer the slings and arrows—but I’m pretty sure I’m right.

Reaction Score
I really should let this go but CLEARLY Fresno was expecting heat and turf related issues. I can't access the Fresno Bee article but I'd love to see the condition of UConn players shoes after they unwrapped.

SquarePic_20210831_09183018.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm betting we’ll be much improved and look back on Fresno as the 120 degree aberration that it was. If I’m wrong, I’ll deservedly suffer the slings and arrows—but I’m pretty sure I’m right.

I'll give you credit for this, after a decade of being wrong on nearly every single prediction, you keep coming back for more.

Reaction Score

Relax man it was just one game, 2yrs of preparation isn’t enough. Actually, we were pretty much dominating the first 20mins against a top notch offense in Alab.. oh I mean Fresno State who were killing it on offense with one of the toughest schedules last year. Not to mention a team full of NFL stars 45-0 should of been expected. I really don’t know how high your expectations was, but give it a break it was one game. On to Holy Cross!!!

(sarcasm guys)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom