WARNING BLEACHER REPORT ARTICLE... | The Boneyard

WARNING BLEACHER REPORT ARTICLE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's the offseason so I take whatever articles I can get that are UConn football related right now considering our beat writer is off in lala land doing whatever the heck he does.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-the-upcoming-college-football-season/page/4

has UConn at 8-5 after simulating a season in NCAA 13. I'd be pretty happy with that to be honest. Wouldn't mind seeing 9-4 of course which would clear all doubt that TJ is running the show on offense and PP's recruits are as advertised, but considering the last two seasons I'd sign up for that without thinking twice.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Sign me up! The fanbase would be gnashing their teeth though, since we'd have another year of PP and WM. Maybe if the team gets to the 5-6 win mark we'll have a bunch of fans rooting for the team to lose so that hopes of firing P don't die out.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You are going to call for the coach's head at 8-5?

The original list was the list of people who wouldn't sign up for 8-5.

I can't possibly be left off that list, since I believe we will win 5 more games than that...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The original list was the list of people who wouldn't sign up for 8-5.

I can't possibly be left off that list, since I believe we will win 5 more games than that...

Jimmy was replying to the nonsense in Junglehusky's post above him about people calling for P's head.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Minimum for what exactly? What does 'my minimum' mean?

You do realize this team is playing a tougher schedule than last year's 5 win team and lost a number of excellent players right?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Jimmy was replying to the nonsense in Junglehusky's post above him about people calling for P's head.

I'm already on record as saying 7-5 means PP is safe. But I think that Junglehusky is right in the fact that there will be a select group of BYers that might be cheering for a final season loss if we are 5-6. It's sad, but he's not wrong...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Minimum for what exactly? What does 'my minimum' mean?

You do realize this team is playing a tougher schedule than last year's 5 win team and lost a number of excellent players right?

For me to be pleased with the season.

I support PP and from my perspective, it's not hard to believe that it takes the offense until this year to really click and the D will remain good.

If we don't hit 9 wins this season, it might start to look like PP won't get it done.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm already on record as saying 7-5 means PP is safe. But I think that Junglehusky is right in the fact that there will be a select group of BYers that might be cheering for a final season loss if we are 5-6. It's sad, but he's not wrong...

There might be. They might be right. They certainly would have a case.

Reaction Score
For me to be pleased with the season.

I support PP and from my perspective, it's not hard to believe that it takes the offense until this year to really click and the D will remain good.

If we don't hit 9 wins this season, it might start to look like PP won't get it done.

So 8-5 and you're joining forces with HFD calling for P's head.

Well you flipped hard on Edsall so anything is possible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't see how you could decide on P just based on a win total. If the guy wins 6 games with a dozen freshman on the two-deep that have star potential... seems to me he's made a pretty strong case to stay.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
So 8-5 and you're joining forces with HFD calling for P's head.

Well you flipped hard on Edsall so anything is possible.

Jimmy - I don't support PP because I'm happy with 5-7 seasons.

I support PP because I believe he can get us to 9+ win seasons - it just might take until season 3.

If he gets to 8-5, I won't be calling for his head, but I won't be satified either. I don't expect 9+ every single year, but I would want him fired if I thought he couldn't get us to that level on a consistant basis.

make sense?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I support PP because I believe he can get us to 9+ win seasons - it just might take until season 3.

If he gets to 8-5, I won't be calling for his head, but I won't be satified either. I don't expect 9+ every single year, but I would want him fired if I thought he couldn't get us to that level on a consistant basis.

make sense?

What's consistently winning 9 games? Every other year? Two of every three?

Reaction Score

make sense?

Not really. If you're not gonna be satisfied with a coach who doesn't consistently put out 9 win seasons you're gonna have a new coach every 3 or 4 years here.

Reaction Score
Can I get a list of coaches that win nine every year

Saban, Miles, Peterson, Stoops......I may be missing a couple, but not many more. Shaw has done a tremendous job at Stanford and we'll see how the new Oregon coach does, but very few turn out consistent 9 win seasons.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can I get a list of coaches that win nine every year

Nick Saban
Tom Landry
Don Shula
Ed Cooley
Mike Dunleavy
Chris Peterson
Tom Osborne
Bobby Bowden
Mike Jarvis
Les Miles

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Saban, Miles, Peterson, Stoops......I may be missing a couple, but not many more. Shaw has done a tremendous job at Stanford and we'll see how the new Oregon coach does, but very few turn out consistent 9 win seasons.

Being serious. Brian Kelly. Urban Meyer. Spurrier.

Dabo Swinney in the ACC only.

Mark Richt pretty much does.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with 8-5 but I think they need to win 9 for PP to keep his job.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with 8-5 but I think they need to win 9 for PP to keep his job.

So if UConn went 8-4 and went to say the Orange Bowl and lost to FSU he'd be at risk?

How about if they went 8-4 and lost the Pinstripe Bowl to Texas or Oklahoma? At risk?

If UConn's record starts with an '8' it's more likely P gets an extension than a pink slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom