Warde Tonight WICC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warde Tonight WICC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The thing that I find extremely interesting is the following quote regarding the addition of Tulane:

On Tulane joining the Big East:
“I was not pleased that we issued an invitation to Tulane without any diligence to what effect that would have on our basketball product, the draw on our RPI and other such things. I was disappointed that I wasn’t able to participate as a member of the conference in the deliberation that went into adding that. There might be well articulated and very deep reasons why you would do it otherwise. But dog-gone-it, I’m not concerned about that. I’m concerned about making sure that Marquette is in a position that it can take advantage of the great investment it’s made in being successful in basketball.”

It sounds like the decision was made by the football schools. And I've already heard that UConn was not part of the vote. So WHO THE HELL VOTED THEM IN?!? :confused:

Exactly? What the hell happened there? What was Aresco thinking?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If we were screwed, do you think Herbst would be going nuts with acadmics, research, the school, and Manuel going nuts about trying to push the athletic department further?
Yes.

Reaction Score
Ok. I am changing my mind. In my book, I have seen enough to officially be worried about his lack of leadership.

He can't provide one single straight answer. He is just too nebulous. Yes, I know you are monitoring the situation, we know you are trying to put UConn in the best "position".

How %^& is he going to do that?

That interview with the Marquette AD really put things into perspective. Our guy has a really nebulous vision, but if he has a plan to get there is unknown to us. All of his answers are vague, unspecific and big hand little map kinds of stuff.

I think he is in over his head.

Reaction Score
Probably, it's how they are approaching getting into a better conference. Their strategy is to be too good to ignore.

Okay, we know what needs to be done. How does it get done? Will we ever get a straight answer?

Reaction Score
I also really wonder how Tulane got in. Not one school sounds like they wanted them in the conference.

As for the Marquette bashing - after UL and UConn they probably have the strongest AD in the Big East. They are extremely competitive in most sports. And that's what burns me about realignment. A school like Rutgers that has so many advantages over Marquette sucks at every sport yet they are in the B1G. That is not the American way.

Reaction Score
I also really wonder how Tulane got in. Not one school sounds like they wanted them in the conference.

As for the Marquette bashing - after UL and UConn they probably have the strongest AD in the Big East. They are extremely competitive in most sports. And that's what burns me about realignment. A school like Rutgers that has so many advantages over Marquette sucks at every sport yet they are in the B1G. That is not the American way.

Big East membership was being offered on Ebay. Tulane clicked on "Buy It Now" and completed the transaction via PayPal.

Aresco received an automated message and immediately hopped on a plane to New Orleans for the Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom