Warde Tonight WICC | The Boneyard

Warde Tonight WICC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Talking Sports with the Bird
John Crowe from Sports Talk in Black & White is now hosting his own sports show! Listen Tuesday evenings 7-9pm

Buried on their website but not listed in the programming schedule is this sports talk show. My paper has WM listed to appear some time between 7-9. Not sure how to

contact host.

http://widget.newsinc.com/_cfvp/rad...sitesection=bpwiccam_rad&vid=23627101&cid=507

If you want to monitor the stream.

Reaction Score
Question about Calhoun retiring late... He's done great things, I support his decision...

Reaction Score
What's through process of only giving KO one year deal?
He's never been a coach, need to see him perform as a HC first.
Constant communication...
Recognizes it hamstrings his recruiting efforts, "I felt moving forward as a hc not just about recruiting"
I understand the angst, but needed to see him in leadership position, making in game decisions, academics
I have no other way to judge him except what he's doing right now

Reaction Score
Is there a call in number? I hope this host got some backbone and ask the right questions. As much as we care about APR stuff, we need to know what conference UCONN will be in down the road. I want to know what his plan is for our football program in the future vs. "monitoring" the situation. Everyone else is doing what they can to improve their football situation and it pisses me off seeing we are still "monitoring".

Reaction Score
Is there a call in number? I hope this host got some backbone and ask the right questions. As much as we care about APR stuff, we need to know what conference UCONN will be in down the road. I want to know what his plan is for our football program in the future vs. "monitoring" the situation. Everyone else is doing what they can to improve their football situation and it pisses me off seeing we are still "monitoring".

Toll Free
Studio Line:
1-800-922-6060

Reaction Score
WM said they expect to announce a major monetary gift soon for hte hoops facility - currently at 24 mil of the 36 mil needed

Reaction Score
Do you plan on reaching out to former players?
Sure. Please donate money to the program.
JC reaching out to them now, supporting the program.
Geno doing it too.

Reaction Score
do you talk to aresco?
Sure. solid relationship.
expansion quote clarification?:
what is it expandable to?
10k+ nothing new there...
options to enclose it.
"I'm a realist" we're going through growing pains in transition... "it happens"
Ensure consistency in opponents
We have to get better... I can't try to fool the fans
homefield adv. is key
references rgIII quote
coaches must do their part on the field
we are putting in the work and making the adjustments to be successful
we want to win BE championships
whole game expereince, tailgating, in game, tv experience

Reaction Score
agrees not enough done on gold coast to pitch program. we are going to do more "connecticut" not hartford, nh, etc...
talked to burton, shenkman, freitas about bringing program to Fairfield county
Mich game?
"It will be played in Renstschler Field"

Reaction Score
Recruiting sucks, why?....

How can we compete against cuse, rutty, etc now with decent banners?

Sell combo of athletics and academics.
we are going to provide opportunity to play right away... play against great competition
disappointing on the season, beating louisville with lower ranked talent and then losing the games we should win
we need to play more consistently... great univ. strive to be the best and win... attract fans... not going to stop

Reaction Score
I thought that was really softball... must have been told don't even ask about conf realignment

Reaction Score
Did not talk about UCONN and realignment at all. What's up with that? I really hope he got something working in the background with B1G or we are screwed.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I thought that was really softball... must have been told don't even ask about conf realignment
Frankly what is he going to say about it? Everyone that knows anything about sports knows we will jump at a B1G offer and most likely an ACC offer (HFD disagrees here and cites anonymous source). He can't really say he thinks we will get an offer from any specific conference and you can't openly say the plan is to be elsewhere in a year. I get the frustration and feel it just as much as everyone else but there just isn't much you can publicly say.

Reaction Score
So the BE, the schools that are left and did nothing to promote the football end, are mad at UConn and Cincy because we wanted to leave. Great excuse to rationalize their next bonehead move.

Reaction Score
agrees not enough done on gold coast to pitch program. we are going to do more "connecticut" not hartford, nh, etc...
talked to burton, shenkman, freitas about bringing program to Fairfield county
Mich game?
"It will be played in Renstschler Field"

I think that was the gist... promote the program in Fairfield County - (a) Been a constant piss and moan on this forum about the lack of it (b) That's where the corporate sponsorship market and $$$ are (c) Fairfield is part of the NY DMA.

Reaction Score
As far as doing more "Connecticut", i guarantee that if the Mens and Womens basketball team played a OOC game in Nov/Dec at Harbor Yard or Mohegan Sun it will be a sell out. I think thats a great idea just for something new to shake things up. If Duke can set it up where they play "neutral" games every year in the Izod Center or MSG hundreds of miles from campus where 95% of the arena is Duke people, then the UConn athletic dept can schedule a game at another venue in their own state and still make a good amount of $$$ as well. I think thats a hell of a lot better then having the XL Center 50% capacity like it was for the NH game.

Reaction Score
The host kept on bringing up poignant facts before transitioning them to softball questions. WTF?

He brought up the Catholic 7, but then asked "How's your relation with Aresco?" instead of "What's your reaction to the Catholic 7 news and are you worried about the watering down of Big East basketball?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom