Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

Reaction Score
I'm not expecting to see him, Rick or Michonne this week. I think we'll find out about a few of the others.
We may meet some new characters Sunday, perhaps the Michael Cudlitz character (an actor I really liked on Southland). MC plays Sgt. Abraham Ford, and he may be with another new regular, a doctor who supposedly knows the origin of the outbreak.

Reaction Score
Would make for dull TV (the show would become some higher end version of Gilligan's Island)but seems the solution to those not infected is to make it to an island.....wonder why that is not the plan or talked about...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Would make for dull TV (the show would become some higher end version of Gilligan's Island)but seems the solution to those not infected is to make it to an island.....wonder why that is not the plan or talked about...
As long as it was a big enough island to provide food and water for a long time. (I suppose if Gilligan and the gang could last that long.......) The only problem I could see would be getting a boat. That idea probably was thought of by a lot of people in the beginning, causing a small supply of boats and a large supply of people, i.e. eventual walkers at coastal towns. That probably would have been an idea I would have tried.

Michonne and Andrea talked about getting to the coast. But didn't head there. And in the second season they talked about Nebraska, specifically, but really anyplace where there is not a lot of people....Montana, Nevada, etc.. I imagine the hill people (Appalachians, etc) are doing ok. They live off the land pretty much anyway. Not too many people and most of them have guns.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Alaska makes sense as a destination...but then, they might have to deal with Sarah Palin shooting at them from a helicopter! ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) I think they'd have to stay south. Last thing you want to deal with in the zombie apocalypse is to wander across the plains in a blizzard. Can you defrost a zombie? If not, maybe head north in spring.

2) Zombies have really soft heads and really tough teeth. Seems incongruous.

3) I didn't see Karl in this episode so I assume he's dead. Yay, zombies!

Reaction Score
Zombies have really soft heads and really tough teeth. Seems incongruous.

Excellent point....a gun butt hits their heads (or even a good stiff kick) and they explode but one bite by them and they are immediately yanking the lungs outa their victims chest or gnawing on arm bone.....very weird.

Appears Glenn pretty much guaranteed his survival through the rest of series by finding that guard uni....tough look and hot as a beotch but their knife-teeth can't penetrate...why ever take it off?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the episode. I still think Beth and Darryl are headed for a hook up. Very tense when it looked like Lizzy was going to suffocate Judith.

Reaction Score
Some weird possible endings to series...

Rick wakes up in hospital and it was all a dream ala Bob Newhart...

Or Rick figures out the gunshot killed him and he is actually in hell...

Reaction Score
And one annoyance is that the 3 new characters look even more over the top cartoony than their comic book characters. Although I am a big fan of the female's outfit.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I totally enjoyed last night's episode. It was great to NOT see Carl for a whole hour. It was also cool to see what happened with others. I was surprised twice; when Tyrese turned to face the camera & was holding Judith & when Carol showed up. Pleasant surprises...

Reaction Score
Here is a pic of a comic book cover of the new characters. The guy playing Abraham looks like a claymation Hulk Hogan.

the-walking-dead-53.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the episode. I still think Beth and Darryl are headed for a hook up. Very tense when it looked like Lizzy was going to suffocate Judith.
Yea looks like she's the psychopath with the rabbits and probably rats at the prison. Looks like they are heading in the Ben/Billy thing from the comics.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And one annoyance is that the 3 new characters look even more over the top cartoony than their comic book characters. Although I am a big fan of the female's outfit.
On the Talking Dead they said Gimple (who is a huge fan of the comics) wanted them to be as close a possible (look wise) to the comics. And I guess when we first saw them it was the same clothes, poses from the comic issue 53.
I totally enjoyed last night's episode. It was great to NOT see Carl for a whole hour. It was also cool to see what happened with others. I was surprised twice; when Tyrese turned to face the camera & was holding Judith & when Carol showed up. Pleasant surprises...
Agreed, thought they did a nice job with those surprises. And we got Abraham and co. already.

Reaction Score
I found the episode a little dull or predictable. Gotta give them credit for trying the foreshadow then re-tell what actually happened, but for whatever reason (maybe I wanted to get back to ice dancing ;) it left me feeling detached.

Episode was saved by Glenn, most dialogue he's had in a while and I think* liked everything about his story especially lying down to quit but then seeing the picture.

Conclusion is Glenn is one of the few characters with some depth that I care about and I'm chagrined to admit that I apparently like Rick because his absence contributed to my detachment.

*I don't want spoilers, but please reassure me that Abraham isn't going to be a pretend helpful secretly evil guy. I cannot take that again.

The "Did you enjoy the show as" line to the camera was great, refreshing to see them having fun with it!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
*I don't want spoilers, but please reassure me that Abraham isn't going to be a pretend helpful secretly evil guy. I cannot take that again.
Well can't guarantee what they will do in the TV series, but that would be almost exactly opposite of the comic book Abraham. I think he's was more of the rough on the outside but secretly good guy. But again, who knows what they will do with him here.

Not sure if they need Abraham, Tyreese and Daryl. They might (might) all fill that tough, Rick's right hand guy character????

Reaction Score
Well can't guarantee what they will do in the TV series, but that would be almost exactly opposite of the comic book Abraham. I think he's was more of the rough on the outside but secretly good guy. But again, who knows what they will do with him here.

Not sure if they need Abraham, Tyreese and Daryl. They might (might) all fill that tough, Rick's right hand guy character????
Some of the criticism I've seen of the episode is pretty harsh, lots of unrealistic etc.. I didn't get that deep, just watched and felt blah. But your point reminds me specifically that Tyreese's actions were beyond dumb, he's not long for the ZA world if his entire persona is brute strength and go running off in direction of any random screaming. I've got Carol +300 in their death match.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some of the criticism I've seen of the episode is pretty harsh, lots of unrealistic etc.. I didn't get that deep, just watched and felt blah. But your point reminds me specifically that Tyreese's actions were beyond dumb, he's not long for the ZA world if his entire persona is brute strength and go running off in direction of any random screaming. I've got Carol +300 in their death match.
Yea having him leave them in the middle of the woods to go....who knows where (and will he ever come back??), ....doesn't seem the best idea. Not sure about dragging the girls and a crying baby into danger would be a good idea either though. ??? He's kinda screwed with 2 girls and a baby to take care of. Carol was probably a sight for sore eyes.

Have to remember Tyreese was never told about Carol. Didn't even know she hadn't come back to the prison with Rick. I liked how quickly she realized he didn't know and went right along with the story. I imagine her plan is to use his strength to keep them alive, but if anything goes down (i.e. when Tyreese finds out) Carol's taking the kids.

Reaction Score
Yea having him leave them in the middle of the woods to go....who knows where (and will he ever come back??), ....doesn't seem the best idea. Not sure about dragging the girls and a crying baby into danger would be a good idea either though. ??? He's kinda screwed with 2 girls and a baby to take care of. Carol was probably a sight for sore eyes.

Have to remember Tyreese was never told about Carol. Didn't even know she hadn't come back to the prison with Rick. I liked how quickly she realized he didn't know and went right along with the story. I imagine her plan is to use his strength to keep them alive, but if anything goes down (i.e. when Tyreese finds out) Carol's taking the kids.
Yes, all obvious when Carol emerged. That's the other criticism I agree with though is she & Abraham appeared out of thin air which seemed more comic book fan service/faithfulness than good TV. No doubt at this point that Kirkman is driving force. I expected if/when Carol & Tyrees hook up with Rick or Darryl their memories won't be as good and that might be how he finds out. Be interesting if Carol makes any effort to gradually confess.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Biggest problem with this show is that it is practically begging people to stop watching.

The pacing of it is just dreadful. They're capable of some incredible story lines, but equally incapable of recognizing a bad one. They have more character than they know what to do with and they end of having some of them sit on back burners for long stretches, (Tyrese, Michonne, even Rick), while they go off fleshing out someone that ultimately doesn't mean anything.

Now we have the new army peeps who will likely go straight to the backburner while we spend two episodes enduring a sociopathic ten year old who likes to smother babies.

It's becoming the Rob Deer of television - two strike outs and then a home run.

My advice...

Stop making these people into morons. No one is going to leave two second-grade girls in the woods with a crying baby in a zombie apocalypse so that he can go investigate some bloodcurdling screams.

Shoot Rick. They've turned the show's "hero" into a stammering idiot for the better part of two years. I can't take it anymore. Just shoot him.

Move the freaking ball forward every week. Rick can't spend the next three weeks on couch. Tyrese and the fun bunch can't spend the next month on the railroad tracks while the sociopath dreams up recipes for smothered baby.

Consider going Red Wedding on the kids, Herschel's youngest daughter and a couple of other characters. Thin the herd.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, all obvious when Carol emerged. That's the other criticism I agree with though is she & Abraham appeared out of thin air which seemed more comic book fan service/faithfulness than good TV.
Eh, people do that alot in TV shows too. But, eh maybe.

No doubt at this point that Kirkman is driving force.
Gimple is supposedly a huge comic book fan, so it's probably him as opposed to Kirkman. From Kirkman interviews, he thinks it's cool when his comic book comes to life, but he also really likes new stuff. Stuff happening to his characters that he didn't think of.

I expected if/when Carol & Tyrees hook up with Rick or Darryl their memories won't be as good and that might be how he finds out. Be interesting if Carol makes any effort to gradually confess.
My guess is, they may keep two groups for awhile. Just a guess though. Rick/Carl/Michonne hooking up with Glenn/Tara/Abraham&Co. while Daryl/Beth find Tyreese/Carol/Girls. Not sure what they'll do with Maggie/Sasha/Bob. Maybe Maggie is the only one who makes it of those 3. Leaves Maggie to find her sister or her husband???

IDK, some thoughts. They could combine these groups in a lot of different ways for a lot of difference effects.

Reaction Score
Fishy is right, I think the biggest problem is simply they are constantly pulling in and out of comic book strip beats that someone not writing scenes or lines demands. It is too difficult to constantly write into and around the pre-ordained events so they just have people do things inexplicably which comes off as dumb. I.e. Tryeese runs off to make room for baby smothering and Carol re-appearance. I've also heard that the writers are in CA while its filmed in GA = no problem solving when scenes don't work and they can't react to strengths & weaknesses of cast.

I don't read comic books, but this show somehow has made me mad at comic books and I will somehow really not read them out of spite.

Reaction Score
2) Zombies have really soft heads and really tough teeth. Seems incongruous.

I've always wondered how one could smash a walker's skull like it was an egg and how, at the same time, their flesh-ripping bites would put a lion to shame.

And if one gets infected with a bite (saliva?), how does one stay uninfected splattered from head to foot with walker blood that remains on your dirty clothes for weeks?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom