Villanova BET Championship Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Villanova BET Championship Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
That was meant for the Villanova pep band
Ok, but that's a distinction without a difference IMO. Not fretting over it, though. Have fun, enjoy the much-deserved win. Lots of very hard work ahead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love that Geno stayed with a 9 player rotation. The team had as much energy in the final 5 minutes as the first 5 minutes, and they all showed they can contribute.
I don't know about you but Geno remembers the heroic efforts of his short-rotation teams from Gabby and Kia on but they were either getting exhausted by the FF or not fully healthy, having to deal with niggling injuries. So, if you have 9 good rotation players, use them and find a way to optimize their collective value playing together and coming into the game in waves......

I think he is relishing this "riches" for a change.....I hope he stays with it even in the FF, with slight changes should they run into challenging situations

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
With all that's been said in the joy of this win, to me one of the most telling was that Azzi played 36 mins, AE played 31 minutes, and CW played 29. Geno still believes, in crunch time, in giving the most minutes to the players he trusts the most.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Geno mentioned the ACC trophy And asked how he could get one. Was that a dig to the Big East about their cheap trophies?
Geno should by a duplicate, donate it to the BE and it shall forever be named the Geno Auriemma BE Tournament Championship Trophy. :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
With all that's been said in the joy of this win, to me one of the most telling was that Azzi played 36 mins, AE played 31 minutes, and CW played 29. Geno still believes, in crunch time, in giving the most minutes to the players he trusts the most.
That speaks volumes about his view of Azzi.

Reaction Score
WOOHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Oh, how I wish Alan Bestwick and Megan Culmo were covering these games. (For those of you I the rest of the country, they call the games for SNY.). They actually talk about what’s happening on the court—imagine that! I particularly hate it when the other networks cut to one of the losing players on the bench and keep the camera pointed there for an eternity while the announcers matter on. Tonight’s victim was Breanna Herlihy. A couple of years ago—famously—it was A’ja Wilson of SC. JUST STOP!

Reaction Score
It is interesting that Azzi got the most minutes. Yet again. Can't say I disagree with that. She's playing great D and frankly, we probably need her to be our mega studlet in the NCC championships. Geno's giving her more confidence and look at the efficiency overall, except for last game. Overall, she has been one of our top 2-3 players over the last 8-9 games. At least rivaling CW. There is no indication Paige is healthy enough to carry this team right now. Fortunately we may have enough without her. Anything we get from Paige is gravy.

Very happy for the girls and especially the seniors and Dorka. Dorka has never been to the NCAA championships yet? She deserves a winner for that patience!

Reaction Score
I might earn some dislikes with this post, but I want to give a big shout out to the referees. No controversial calls and for the most part they were seen but not heard. I don’t know if this applies to the entire ref team, but Maj Forsberg refereed at least four games in four days including two different conference championships and earned boku frequent flier miles doing it.

Reaction Score
Resume means Body of Work Tony. Not what they did in their last games against the Big East. They lost a #1 seed quite a while ago.

I look at it this way. They beat a #1 seed in the Elite Eight and go into the FF confident and on a roll.
Also, this year there are other teams worthy of a #1 seed. SC, Stanford, & NC State are solid #1's. Louisville beat UCONN & Baylor is also playing like a top seed. UCONN will not be ashamed to be a #2 seed after a challenging season.

Reaction Score
Edwards is now 2nd on the team in free throw percentage. Could it be that she actually is a good outside shot? On another team she would be putting up 20 plus shots a game and scoring over 20 points on average. She certainly capable of it.

Reaction Score
Oh, how I wish Alan Bestwick and Megan Culmo were covering these games. (For those of you I the rest of the country, they call the games for SNY.). They actually talk about what’s happening on the court—imagine that! I particularly hate it when the other networks cut to one of the losing players on the bench and keep the camera pointed there for an eternity while the announcers matter on. Tonight’s victim was Breanna Herlihy. A couple of years ago—famously—it was A’ja Wilson of SC. JUST STOP!
The FoxSports announcers are knowledgeable & well spoken. But they insist on telling boring stories throughout the game. There wasn't a minute of quiet time as the game became a backdrop to their endless drivel.

Reaction Score
I don’t know why, but it bugs me so much that the AD has yet to congratulate the team. If it was the men’s team he’d be all over it. It really annoys me.
Lol, what are you talking about? Stop looking for things to complain about, especially after a great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom