USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign | Page 6 | The Boneyard

USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you going to lecture me maybe you should learn your Boneyard lingo and find out who Mike Tyson is.

My God - things are so pathetic here you are going to white knight a guy who is spewing absolute nonsense
I'm fully on team "BS we didn't play" considering it's the first time in recorded history weather 1200 miles and 40 hours away cancelled a sporting event but this USF dude has been very patient with us the last few days, I don't think he deserves attacks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm fully on team "BS we didn't play" considering it's the first time in recorded history weather 1200 miles and 40 hours away cancelled a sporting event but this USF dude has been very patient with us the last few days, I don't think he deserves attacks.

So because he's been 'patient' he can spew nonsense and we can't call him out?

Why is a USF fan even here? There isn't a game to discuss. Other than to give more lame excuses that aren't going to change anyone's mind?

Reaction Score
I'll post again....there are a handful of posters on these boards that make many threads unreadable. I'll be kind and say it's childish.

Happy to hear the Tampa area was spared from what was expected to be worse. Wishing everyone a quick recovery to normalcy. We'll play football when we play football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll post again....there are a handful of posters on these boards that make many threads unreadable. I'll be kind and say it's childish.

Happy to hear the Tampa area was spared from what was expected to be worse. Wishing everyone a quick recovery to normalcy. We'll play football when we play football.

So I guess you can keep posting passive aggressive whining or you can block me and whomever else you keep referring to.

This might be the most p6 fanbase of them all.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

We aren't the only one who it happened to though. Arkansas State was a safe spot as well. The UCF game was before the storm got to Orlando as well. UF is pretty far north and cancelled their game. The only team who didn't cancel is FAU, and Kiffin is a dirt bag

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
And I learned from y'all that Tampa is 'South' Florida.

Nobody from your joke of a university get to lecture anyone about what words mean.

It's Boneyard slang for a moron you moran

You may have missed this recent USF news.

.@USouthFlorida joins only @UF and FSU @Seminoles in preeminence. Means millions in extra state funding.

...Finally, amazingly… we have reached preeminence. USF Tampa now meets 11 of the 12 metrics required in the 2017 laws of the State of Florida to be designated as a Preeminent State Research University. This is incredible...

Text of the 2017 Fall Address by USF President Judy Genshaft on Sept. 6, 2017 - University of South Florida

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yet here we are. Cancelling two consecutive games for no reason. We can go with they are complete idiots if you'd like.

You should spend less time apologizing for people and more time finding a clue.

The excuses before the storm were pathetic, now they are absurd.

I'd spend much less time apologizing for people if you spent less time being such a jerk to folks who visit our board. It's one thing to debate, but you take it to the next level. You seem to have taken a particular turn in the last couple of weeks, and I hope things are going alright in your life outside of the boneyard

Reaction Score
If it sounded callous for people like me to suggest the team would be better off playing a conference game in a safe location, just watch the news and swallow the fact that USF switched gears in the middle of the storm to try to get the next game in. And they want to pull it off in Tampa in a State that's been devastated and has a long way to go towards normalcy. They prioritized this game over ours and are weighing very real risks to try to play it in Tampa despite the hardship around them. Pretty obvious players, coaches, and administrators aren't out bailing water and saving puppies this week, nor should they be. But they had a choice and prioritized this game over player's safety while evacuation was being advised by the same so-called agencies that they claim advised them not to leave. When something doesn't look right or smell right chances are it isn't right.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
So because he's been 'patient' he can spew nonsense and we can't call him out?

Why is a USF fan even here? There isn't a game to discuss. Other than to give more lame excuses that aren't going to change anyone's mind?

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about:
USF & Illinois

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd spend much less time apologizing for people if you spent less time being such a jerk to folks who visit our board. It's one thing to debate, but you take it to the next level. You seem to have taken a particular turn in the last couple of weeks, and I hope things are going alright in your life outside of the boneyard

Oh no someone was rude on the internet.

Thank God UConnPhil is there to make to make it right.

I know you millenials are soft but jesus, someone spewing bs got called on it.

I hope whatever has made you so sensitive gets better in life outside of the boneyard.

Reaction Score
So I guess you can keep posting passive aggressive whining or you can block me and whomever else you keep referring to.

This might be the most p6 fanbase of them all.

F'U' passive aggressive. You are so busy proving you are the smartest guy on these boards you don't have the common sense and decency to recognize when an argument isn't worth pursuing and when you should shut the hell up.

You have no idea whether that game cancelation was a conspiracy theory or not. But it was a point you made so you couldn't let it go. That storm killed many people on its way to South Florida, so just maybe it was a time to wish folks a safe passage. Instead you end up insulting an entire institution in your diatribe of a pissing contest.

Between you and Chief I don't know who is more childish. How you guys find the time to post as much as you do and what you do is a wonder to me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
USF & Illinois

Yeah I started it. To point out your joke of a program was going to pull the same nonsense two weeks in a row and lo and behold!

It was an in general question hoss - most people don't feel the need to run to other message boards to provide pathetic excuses when their program screws up.

Some people would actually say - gee we really screwed this up and not blindly defend in the face of all evidence.

Reaction Score
lol if anything whaler has been nicer the last couple weeks

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
F'U' passive aggressive. You are so busy proving you are the smartest guy on these boards you don't have the common sense and decency to recognize when an argument isn't worth pursuing and when you should shut the hell up.

You have no idea whether that game cancelation was a conspiracy theory or not. But it was a point you made so you couldn't let it go. That storm killed many people on its way to South Florida, so just maybe it was a time to wish folks a safe passage. Instead you end up insulting an entire institution in your diatribe of a pissing contest.

Between you and Chief I don't know who is more childish. How you guys find the time to post as much as you do and what you do is a wonder to me.

Hey you quoted me so you are making improvements on not being so passive aggressive. Bully for you.

You could block me and chief and you wouldn't have to wonder what we are posting or doing.

Instead you are upset someone insulted the great University of South Florida. Pistols at dawn!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
lol if anything whaler has been nicer the last couple weeks

I also don't even think I've engaged a fan of other programs in months other than FriarJ and we get along fine outside of the Cesspool and most of the time get along there.

Don't ruin it though - Phil is going to cover puddles with his jacket for anyone who I upset.

Reaction Score
Hey you quoted me so you are making improvements on not being so passive aggressive. Bully for you.

You could block me and chief and you wouldn't have to wonder what we are posting or doing.

Instead you are upset someone insulted the great University of South Florida. Pistols at dawn!

Huh???? You're reaching man.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL. soft? nope, not soft at all. you ever been kidnapped in Latin America? Pistol whipped and held ransom for eight hours? Didn't think so. Ever had to say last rites for someone with a gunshot wound through their chest? There's a difference between being 'soft' and being compassionate. Your argument might be right, Whaler. I'm not discounting that. All I'm saying is that there's a way about presenting it--you're talking with people who have gone through weeks that are downright awful, and totally stressed. You don't have to agree with them, but they deserve respect

Fine anyone from USF can say whatever dopey thing they want that doesn't make a bit of sense when they are specifically talking about their football scheduling because of stress.

At your request I will give them a pass for anything that requires logic or critical thinking.

Reaction Score
USF & Illinois

I'm OK with you giving information and presenting your point of view. However I take issue with your reliance on an uncertain forecast as late as Wednesday or Thursday. The storm was massive and it's path uncertain until it ran across Cuba 12-24 hours before landfall. That's just a fact. Keeping your team in it's path when they had a chartered flight waiting for them and a University willing to accomodate the possibility of a 24-48 hour extended stay would seem the logical course of action. Given all of the facts we know now it seems clear they wanted to keep their options open for this week's home game and that factored heavily into the decision. Some people think it's wrong and some feel that there may have been other considerations that have not been made public. That may be true but at this point it's hard to deny that obvious element that was always in play and the speed with which they switched gears insisting on a home game or nothing invites cynicism. Either way this was bungled on many levels.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Huh???? You're reaching man.

You don't like how or what Chief and I post - why would instead of blocking us and not reading it would you continue to complain about. It makes zero sense.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
If it sounded callous for people like me to suggest the team would be better off playing a conference game in a safe location, just watch the news and swallow the fact that USF switched gears in the middle of the storm to try to get the next game in. And they want to pull it off in Tampa in a State that's been devastated and has a long way to go towards normalcy. They prioritized this game over ours and are weighing very real risks to try to play it in Tampa despite the hardship around them. Pretty obvious players, coaches, and administrators aren't out bailing water and saving puppies this week, nor should they be. But they had a choice and prioritized this game over player's safety while evacuation was being advised by the same so-called agencies that they claim advised them not to leave. When something doesn't look right or smell right chances are it isn't right.

Try and calm down.

TheUSF AD tried to play the game @Uconn and at the same time hoped the team could still arrive back in Tampa safely and then play the Ill game.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Circumstances quickly changed when the storm headed more towards the west coast of Florida.
Yeah I started it. To point out your joke of a program was going to pull the same nonsense two weeks in a row and lo and behold!

It was an in general question hoss - most people don't feel the need to run to other message boards to provide pathetic excuses when their program screws up.

Some people would actually say - gee we really screwed this up and not blindly defend in the face of all evidence.

This 'joke' of a program has beaten UConn five straight games and was a 17 point favorite in this game. So, what does that make your own?

Just so you know, I'm not the USF AD.

I am just as disappointed as you that the game was not played.

I hoped it could have been played on Friday. I read that USF couldn't get a plane charter to do that.

I then hoped that the new time would make the game possible.

Then circumstances did change and it was cancelled.

I'm not defending that decision.

I just tried to explain it.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Fine anyone from USF can say whatever dopey thing they want that doesn't make a bit of sense when they are specifically talking about their football scheduling because of stress.

At your request I will give them a pass for anything that requires logic or critical thinking.

In part, I agree with you. I think the UConn game should have been cancelled. Could have played, but other teams had away games and cancelled them as well. Cancelling this ruins their season and they seem to not wanna go to Illinois. I just don't think it's some grand conspiracy. I think they're thrown off by an unfortunate series of events.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would stop mocking USF and everyone else associated with USF if they would just admit what is obvious.

We didn't want to play distracted at UConn and we don't want to play Illinois without the amount of prep time we think we need.

They don't want to be disadvantaged in these games - it's that simple. I have no idea why admitting or saying that causes such angst.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In part, I agree with you. I think the UConn game should have been cancelled. Could have played, but other teams had away games and cancelled them as well. Cancelling this ruins their season and they seem to not wanna go to Illinois. I just don't think it's some grand conspiracy. I think they're thrown off by an unfortunate series of events.

Saying that USF isn't being honest isn't claiming a grand conspiracy.

It all blew up in their face so we do have that on the brightside.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Try and calm down.

TheUSF AD tried to play the game @Uconn and at the same time hoped the team could still arrive back in Tampa safely and then play the Ill game.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Circumstances quickly changed when the storm headed more towards the west coast of Florida.

This 'joke' of a program has beaten UConn five straight games and was a 17 point favorite in this game. So, what does that make your own?

Just so you know, I'm not the USF AD.

I am just as disappointed as you that the game was not played.

I hoped it could have been played on Friday. I read that USF couldn't get a plane charter to do that.

I then hoped that the new time would make the game possible.

Then circumstances did change and it was cancelled.

I'm not defending that decision.

I just tried to explain it.

We got rid of the people that were embarrassing us - you are hell bent on defending yours.

So sure our team has stunk but at least we've got that going for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom