USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign | Page 8 | The Boneyard

USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign

Reaction Score
FAMU plays on Saturday.

USF needs the field ready for Friday.

We should know if that's possible tomorrow.

It's not a field readiness issue... it's a infrastructure/support services/staging area issue I'm told. If they don't have approval from State yet - just say it (not you - USF AD).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still not sure why USF won't switch and go to Illinois and have a return date next year. I know I read about Soldier's field next year, but that can be put in the following contract if the two play again that is.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I'd spend much less time apologizing for people if you spent less time being such a jerk to folks who visit our board. It's one thing to debate, but you take it to the next level. You seem to have taken a particular turn in the last couple of weeks, and I hope things are going alright in your life outside of the boneyard
Oh my goodness, philosophy boy.
The USF troll being called out, that is all.

C

Chief00

FAMU plays on Saturday.

USF needs the field ready for Friday.

We should know if that's possible tomorrow.

I got to teach BL some business law - Will a game be played? It all depends if the school with the excuse not to play it gets the gate receipts!

C

Chief00

USF is an 18 point favorite over Illinois.

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

There is no official word on the game at this time.

I did mention earlier tonight about a thread on a USF board which said the game will be played in Tampa on Friday. I can't confrm that as true.

So 7 million people are out of electric power and you insensitive, careless dudes are playing football?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
They cancelled the game because they didn't want to play 2 games in 6 days with the distraction of the storm and what it would do their travel.

Since the UConn game has less impact to their quest to be the G5 rep - it's the one that got cancelled.

The only other conclusion one could reach is that they are the stupidest people in the world because they keep talking about safety and chose to stay in the path of the storm.

You make the call.

I got 8 more pages to read or something - I hope we are getting paid for this. And I write paid - I mean PAID. this is all fine and dandy - it's completely what happened - and frankly - it's hard to argue that the university adminsitration and the athletic departmetn since 2009-2010 - doesn't deserve it - but if we're not getting PAID? That's just embarrassing on a whole other level.

reading on -

Reaction Score
My issue is FAU stayed in Wisconsin after their game. Still not sure why USF couldn't do the same as I know UConn would have made accommodation as would have the AAC.

It's been stated already several times - but if safety is an issue - a hotel room in CT was a lot safer than a dorm room in Tampa.

Reaction Score
So I guess you can keep posting passive aggressive whining or you can block me and whomever else you keep referring to.

This might be the most p6 fanbase of them all.

HOLY LOLZ!!!!

Pure .99999 AU

Reaction Score
Well, there you have it. What a thread. Thank you @whaler11

I wrote that it would be interesting to see how UCONN is compensated for losing this home game.

There is nothing surprising at all at how this played out given the recent history of the administration, athletic department and conference. It's crystal clear what happened.

A hurricane made it very convenient excuse for USF to skip on a trip to CT and prepare for a more important game $ wise and rankings ratings wise.

Anyone with history down there is perfectly fine with that. We've beat them a few times on our home field with really crappy weather conditions.

Army and Navy play in December outside traditional scheduling calendars.

So should USF come to CT and play that weekend.

If not - the $ amount better be spectacular for losing a home game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BECAUSE
WISCONSIN'S
ATHLETIC
DEPARTMENT
WHICH
PRINTS
MONEY
FOR
FUN